754 19 2020-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

So a little back story on this relatively new DJI drone pilot. I say new but not really. I've tinkered with the cheap toy drones off and on along the way. Of course none of those drones could keep a steady hover for love nor money. Then I found the Ryzerobotics/DJI collaboration that was the tello. I fell in love with the little guy even though it was very limited in range. I'd seen the Mavic pro, spark, mavic air series drones come but then the mavic mini came out. Some reason, I just had to have one.

The portability was basically the same as the tello, the capabilities was way better than the tello. So I ordered day one from DJI directly. I felt like that ordering day one from DJI directly was a mistake. It took forever to receive the mini, but once I got it in and got it setup, all that wait and wonder was soon forgotten about.The quality of the pictures and videos, while not super professional, was great for me. The way it flies and handles, all great for me. Although going through the forums, it was obvious that the mini wasn't great for everyone. But it fit me and that was what made the little guy great.

I was seeing features on the likes of the MP2 and other drones like active track and such, but at the time, while they would have been great features, the lack of those features didn't bother me. They still don't for what the Mini is. Fast forward to MA2 release. I read the specs and such prior to the release date. While the MA2 had a little bit of my attention, my mind was set for a pass on this drone. When I originally ordered the Mini, I saw the value of the fly more combo and decided that any DJI drone I buy, if it's available, I would always get the fly more combo. Well, as we all know the price of the MA2 with or without fly more, for me, that money is a little hard to come by. Especially since I'm just a recreational pilot. So again, I had made up my mind to pass on the MA2. Then I started seeing firmware updates come out and more and more features being added. So when the last firmware update came out that added zoom, I could not resist anymore. I ordered one through Best Buy this time. Only had to wait 2 days on the MA2 instead of the 3 months that I had to wait on the Mini.  

Once I got it in, I felt like it was Christmas. Unboxing and unwrapping and such. A wonderful feeling indeed!! Setup took the better part of half a day charging batteries, updating firmware, etc. But that part is all done and it's a new day. Her maiden voyage awaits.

I want to thank everyone here on the forums that contribute and help decimenate useful information. The moderators and the forum members all do a great job here. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful community of pilots. With that, safe flying as always!!

2020-8-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Many happy safe landings!!

cheers
JJB
2020-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great back story and many congratulations on the Mavic Air 2 - it is a truly exceptional drone in many ways. Wishing you many safe flights.
2020-8-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to see you back on the forums JodyB and congrats on getting the MA2.
2020-8-14
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on the new bird and safe flying.
2020-8-14
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

YAY!!!!
2020-8-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-14 09:36
Good to see you back on the forums JodyB and congrats on getting the MA2.

Never really went anywhere. I was keeping an eye on the forums. This is the best place to get the low down on things. I just didn't have much to share at the moment. I was going through some really hectic and busy times, but things are getting back to somewhat of a normal pace, if you don't count all thats going on with covid-19.

I took the new bird out of a test flight earlier on my lunch break. Pre-flight went well so her maiden voyage is in the books and man this thing is nothing short of amazing. I still love my mini but WOW. I can say I'm glad I took the plunge on this one. Just hope she holds up!!
2020-8-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this informative post and thank you for choosing DJI. We are happy to know that you have received your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you for your continuous support and happy flying.
2020-8-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-14 10:42
Hi. Thank you for creating this informative post and thank you for choosing DJI. We are happy to know that you have received your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you for your continuous support and happy flying.

Thank you for the well wishes DJI Paladin. I have received my Mavic Air 2 and am enjoying it very much so far!! I hope all is well with you and yours also!!
2020-8-14
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Dear friend of mine. Congratulations on your new "toy" now to enjoy it, always flying safely, as you always do. I hope I can see some photos taken with the drone and that you work on some spectacular video
2020-8-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 8-14 11:20
Dear friend of mine. Congratulations on your new "toy" now to enjoy it, always flying safely, as you always do. I hope I can see some photos taken with the drone and that you work on some spectacular video

Absolutley!! It might take a few days of sorting through all the settings to get used to all these new features but rest assured, I'll post some things once I get comfortable with it.
2020-8-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great news, I remember you had a bit of a wait with your mini. Best of luck with your Air2 I’m certain you’ll love it good luck.
2020-8-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-14 11:31
Great news, I remember you had a bit of a wait with your mini. Best of luck with your Air2 I’m certain you’ll love it good luck.

So far so good. I am loving it. I've noticed a few little quirks, but was quick to pickup on the why it happened and to correct it. Mostly dealing with HDR and the 48 megapixel pictures.
2020-8-14
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 8-14 11:28
Absolutley!! It might take a few days of sorting through all the settings to get used to all these new features but rest assured, I'll post some things once I get comfortable with it.

Absolutley!! It might take a few weeks of sorting through all the settings to get used to all these new features but rest assured,... Unless DJI drops some more love on the Air 2.

FIFY!
2020-8-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Akirasho Posted at 8-14 12:28
Absolutley!! It might take a few weeks of sorting through all the settings to get used to all these new features but rest assured,... Unless DJI drops some more love on the Air 2.

FIFY!

LOL is there such thing as too much love when it comes to our toys err I mean tools??
2020-8-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good for you Jody. You were the first to welcome me when I joined several months ago and I really appreciated it. As I told others, it was the 30+ minute flight time that sealed the deal for me....and I really wanted the active tracking, as imperfect as it is, still better than nothing. This drone is "fearless" in comparison. I don't think you will be disappointed.
p.s. I still love that avatar ;-)
2020-8-14
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

Congrats on receiving your new MA2. I hope it brings you as much joy as the Mini has. Also, i agree with GaryDoug, really like the avatar. Safe flying!
2020-8-14
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks to everyone for the  well wishes. GaryDoug, your contributions to this forum has not gone unnoticed by me. You’ve done a terrific job here as do most. Nothing is perfect in regards to the mini, the Mavic air 2 or any other drone for that matter. The same goes for life in general. What counts is how we deal with those imperfections.

I honestly thought about changing the avatar earlier today, but I didn’t.
2020-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 8-14 21:22
Thanks to everyone for the  well wishes. GaryDoug, your contributions to this forum has not gone unnoticed by me. You’ve done a terrific job here as do most. Nothing is perfect in regards to the mini, the Mavic air 2 or any other drone for that matter. The same goes for life in general. What counts is how we deal with those imperfections.

I honestly thought about changing the avatar earlier today, but I didn’t.

You're welcome
2020-8-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congratulations!
2020-11-2
Use props
Advanced