Is DJI in California making repairs or closed
577 6 2020-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEAF8TdkxeAs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219081 ft
United States

My 3 week old, approximately 5hour fly time, MA2 has a Gimbal Data error and no camera view on the moblie device. My luck to get one that doesn't hang in there like others. DJI support advised to send it in to their California repair facility. Another person advised me that his MA2 arrived at the California repair facility 12 days ago and hasn't been looked at yet. Are they just busy or has Covid shut them down. Thank you for any insight.
2020-8-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. Our repair facility in California is making repairs. Kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out.
Usually, the repair process may take 5-7 business days excluding shipping and delivery. However, due to COVID-19 prevention and traffic controls, product repairs, and shipment times are expected to be delayed. We appreciate your kind understanding.
Should you have other concerns, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
2020-8-14
Use props
Vic in PA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-14 19:03
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. Our repair facility in California is making repairs. Kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out.
Usually, the repair process may take 5-7 business days excluding shipping and delivery. However, due to COVID-19 prevention and traffic controls, product repairs, and shipment times are expected to be delayed. We appreciate your kind understanding.
Should you have other concerns, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Thank you Natalia. I contacted DJI support and my MA2 is on it's way to your California repair facility. A case number was assigned: CAS-4813514-Z4V4HO. Stay safe.
2020-8-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Vic in PA Posted at 8-15 04:56
Thank you Natalia. I contacted DJI support and my MA2 is on it's way to your California repair facility. A case number was assigned: CAS-4813514-Z4V4HO. Stay safe.

You're most welcome, I'll help to keep an eye on your case. Stay safe and healthy.
2020-8-15
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Yes, there are a lot of businesses here in California that are completely closed or substantially reduced because of COVID.  I had the same issue earlier in the COVID shutdown getting my lawn mower fixed...
2020-8-20
Use props
Vic in PA
lvl.2
United States

K6CCC Posted at 8-20 08:46
Yes, there are a lot of businesses here in California that are completely closed or substantially reduced because of COVID.  I had the same issue earlier in the COVID shutdown getting my lawn mower fixed...

My Mavic Air 2 went in to California for repair. The computer board had failed. From the East coast, 6 days to California, 5 days for repair including the weekend, and 6 days back. They're definitely working fast at diagnosis and shipping. 3 days from arrival to sending a drone back. The drone was 3 weeks old and updating the firmware had nothing to do with the failure. To my surprise, they sent a brand new drone. Just paired the drone to the controller and checked all the settings and calibrations. I get to fly tomorrow. Thank you to all the people at DJI in Cerritos, CA and also their on line support people.
2020-9-1
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I found it interesting that even though I am less than 30 miles from Cerritos, in California, when I needed to send in my Mini, DJI had me send it to Texas.  I hope they are working promptly...
2020-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules