FPV Controller won't turn on
2755 5 2020-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schnoidz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 313661 ft

United States

I used it earlier today for 1 flight and put it in the drone bag.  I just pulled it out for another flight and it seems dead.  The power button does nothing.  No LEDs at all.  I plugged it into the charger and all LEDs come on and stay on.  It does not go into charge mode.  When I unplug it the lights go out and the power button still does nothing.  It was fully charged yesterday.  I flew several flights last night.  This is the first problem it's ever had.  Just suddenly dead.

2020-8-18
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Might sound dumb, but make sure your USB is fully seating into the controller.  When charging, it will show solid LEDS for a bit, then go into progressive blinking.  
2020-8-18
Use props
Schnoidz
lvl.1

United States

mc54 Posted at 8-18 16:35
Might sound dumb, but make sure your USB is fully seating into the controller.  When charging, it will show solid LEDS for a bit, then go into progressive blinking.

Thanks, I appreciate it.  The controller just seems dead.  I've tried several times.  The power button no longer does anything.  Plugging in the charger is the only way to get the LEDs to come on, but it doesn't charge or start up.

I also have 2 Phantom 3 Pro quads that I've had for years with white versions of the FPV black controller.  I've never run into this problem before.  I called DJI support but they said no one in the FPV department could help me now and they would call me back within 24 hours.
2020-8-18
Use props
LaceyLaPlante
New

United States

smack it against the wall
2020-8-19
Use props
Schnoidz
lvl.1

United States

LaceyLaPlante Posted at 8-19 10:12
smack it against the wall

Well, I smacked it 3 times on my desk.  AND IT WORKED!!
2020-8-19
Use props
djiuser_hDs2DR5uUiXb
New

Russia

Schnoidz Posted at 2020-8-19 13:47
Well, I smacked it 3 times on my desk.  AND IT WORKED!!

did it really work? I have the same problem
2021-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules