Phantom 3 Attachments
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 745 ft
United States

The Phantom 3 controller has two programmable buttons on it, just like the Inspire controller.  Is there a software SDK available which would allow me to program what these buttons do?  It would be nice if DJI would develop attachments to the Phantom 3 which use these buttons.  I would suggest that the first such attachment should be a device which allows the operator to drop something from the Phantom by pushing the button.  This is an application which has many potential uses from dropping a dye marker to dropping a weighted end of a  leader line so that a stronger line can be pulled aftter.  I can think of a dozen other potential uses of this sort of device.  A simple minature solenoid which would retract and release a device attached by a ring or loop to the solenoid shaft would work great.  I wouldn't mind building such a device myself if I can access the programming interface of the Phantom.  What do others thing about this sort of application?

2015-6-21
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Those buttons can be customized in the "RC Settings" --> "RC Control Settings" section of the DJI Pilot application. It's only possible to choose from the hard-coded list of selections though.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-21
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

In the Pilot app, there's a menu where you can "program" each one of those switches. Unfortunately, there are not a great deal of options - at least not yet. It's not a true "programming" function - there's a list of six or seven items to choose from. The same list is presented for the other switch.

It is not - at least not yet - a "roll you own idea" of what you want the switches to do.
2015-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules