New firmware - guess what ..
2759 39 2015-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

I flew again tonight with the new firmware for the P3 Pro , No issues flew just under 10,000 ft , running great . Thanks DJI ...

2015-6-21
Use props
frozenhawaiian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1663 ft
United States

ya know I can't help but feel like all the people  on this forum complaining of issues with the new firmware are the proverbial "vocal minority" meanwhile there's a "silent majority" that doesn't use this or any other forum that have done the update and are flying without issue. people just come to this forum to report issues or ask for help and it makes it look like everyone who does the update has had issues.
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

frozenhawaiian Posted at 2015-6-22 11:20
ya know I can't help but feel like all the people  on this forum complaining of issues with the new  ...

Man I wish I was one of them, I have had glitches, I am one of the vocal minority I guess, I really  hate the thought of having to send my phantom in along with all of the other vocal minorities, I kind of wanted to use it this summer, and feel comfortable flying it, repair time exceeds the time I have had it by a month  I have had 2 other phantoms  that I felt was rock solid, I felt absolutely comfortable that I would have control at all times., not one problem ever 100's of flights,  I do not feel comfortable flying this machine,  I am waiting for the next firmware update, if that does not cure my problems I am sending it back, and likely to purchase an Inspire, I wish I would have bought the Inspire now in the first place.
2015-6-21
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-22 11:33
Man I wish I was one of them, I have had glitches, I am one of the vocal minority I guess, I reall ...

Question: if one hasn't updated the firmware for several iterations, can it all be done in one shot or does it have to be on a ladder through each successive update until the most recent?

What exactly is the newest firmware update supposed to fix anyway? I haven't had any problems, so I am a bit nervous of "fixing something that isn't broken."
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Hey total
I live and fly at 7000 ft. My altitude reading is always incorrect and reading high when I return to ground level after a flight, the longer and higher I fly the worse it is, Would you please look for me at your altimeter after a flight or two at about ground level upon return, before you shut the motors off, and see if your altimeter is reading the correct altitude. I would appreciate it very much
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-22 11:36
Question: if one hasn't updated the firmware for several iterations, can it all be done in one sho ...

I don't think I would upgrade until the next round of firmware comes out, My phantom did work better when I first got it,  I am begining to think though that I have a hardware problem with the barometric sensor. not sure trying to gather info, don't want to send in the unit in until I know for sure, I think dji is aware that people are all over the place on the firmware versions, the upgrade procedure will probably address that issue.
2015-6-21
Use props
frozenhawaiian
lvl.1
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-22 11:33
Man I wish I was one of them, I have had glitches, I am one of the vocal minority I guess, I reall ...

there will be another update, sooner rather than later if I had to guess, he current update has been out less than a week and DJI has been made well aware of the issues with it. bear in mind as well that P3 was only released in mid april and didn't start getting into users hands in any numbers until late april, effectively it's only been out about a month and a half. some growing pains and teething issues are to be expected with new tech. I'm not trying to make excuses for DJI, just providing a little perspective is all.
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

frozenhawaiian Posted at 2015-6-22 11:49
there will be another update, sooner rather than later if I had to guess, he current update has be ...

yeah I agree
2015-6-21
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Canada

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-22 11:40
Hey total
I live and fly at 7000 ft. My altitude reading is always incorrect and reading high when  ...

Will fly again after work tomorrow and post back ..
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Total Posted at 2015-6-22 12:52
Will fly again after work tomorrow and post back ..

Great thanks total  check this thread it just came up  http://forum.dji.com/thread-22311-1-1.html

thanks again man for the help
2015-6-21
Use props
janibgud
lvl.1

United States

There are quite a few people who are having serious issues after upgrading to firmware 1.2.6 and 1.28. DJI needs to do a better job before releasing by testing the stability prior to the release.
2015-6-21
Use props
janibgud
lvl.1

United States

ya know I can't help but feel like all the people  on this forum complaining of issues with the new  ...

The purpose of the forum is to make others aware of potential issues with the DJI products. There are not just a few people with problems related to the latest firmware update 1.2.6, 1.2.8, there are many people who have been effected. And to say because you haven't been negatively effected that they should not be able to voice their frustration for the problems caused by the upgrade is unfair. You will also at some point have issue due to an upgrade by a faulty firmware.
2015-6-21
Use props
frozenhawaiian
lvl.1
United States

janibgud Posted at 2015-6-22 14:12
The purpose of the forum is to make others aware of potential issues with the DJI products. There  ...

I think you misunderstood me. the point I was making is that because this is a help/support/fix it forum it gives the impression that far more people have had problems with the update than is actually the case, relax.
2015-6-22
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

IF YOU ARE USING ANDROID DEVICE TRY TO SWITHC TO IOS DEVICE AND IT WILL RESOLVED THE PROBLEM.ALL THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH ANDROIS VPS,RC UPDATE  IS GONE AFTER I SWITCH TO IOS RECOMMENDED PHONE THAT IS IN THEIR LIST.
2015-6-22
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Canada

Could not fly tonight - rain . And house hit by lightning ............. arrrgggg
2015-6-22
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

jag 101 Posted at 2015-6-23 02:32
IF YOU ARE USING ANDROID DEVICE TRY TO SWITHC TO IOS DEVICE AND IT WILL RESOLVED THE PROBLEM.ALL THE ...

WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT?
2015-6-22
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

I have all the the problem that is mention after software update I change to ios device which my wife used everything works fine. most of the time its android devices is having trouble.
2015-6-23
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

IF YOU ARE USING ANDROID DEVICE TRY TO SWITHC TO IOS DEVICE AND IT WILL RESOLVED THE PROBLEM.ALL THE ...

You will probably find it was the restart that solved your issues not the device change...
2015-6-23
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

nope did that one many times with my android phone nothing happen it says rc calibration needs update doesn't hold position..after changing to ios evrthing goes back to normal.what do you think that other pilot loose video feed but still can control tha phantom it is because of phone compatability and dji is right .
2015-6-23
Use props
ljwsteenbergen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 959783 ft
Netherlands

That's what I thougt for long as well. Until I updated my Phantom 3 Advanced and got strange messages, not impairing performance, but still. By the way I switched off my VPS as it caused the craft to drop in full air when it was well above 10 ft.
I get the impression most of the issues are with the P3A. As said still functioning, but not that good, previous Firmware was not having these issues.
2015-6-23
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

DJI did not sell this product under the pretense that it would work without issue on only iOS devices. I bought the phantom for a good chunk of change. Not what I paid for the Align but still enough. I am not buying an iOS device nor will I ever. And if DJI were only allowing operation with iOS only, I wouldn't buy a DJI. Period. So the suggestion to "buy and use an iOS device" in order to get proper operation from a product made for android or ios is just dumb. Better suggestion... DJI should produce their own device which people could purchase as an option. A device using iOS or Android but made solely with the Pilot App in mind. I would but that.
2015-6-23
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

sad to say that's what happening now .when I used my android phone there is problem I switch with ios everything is perfect.this just happen after the firmware update or upgrade. So technically the more they update there gonna more problem.
2015-6-23
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

read the trend of messages in the other comments of co-pilot they can still control the phantom but the problem is the app fron android its reading differently and sometimes mess up with VPS.
2015-6-23
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

You don't wanna buy ? you already owned one so as I .me personally is androis user but if I used android and just crash my money in the air and I don't wanna wait till DJI figure out whats happening I might as well used the other option using ios so I ca enjoy flyng..
2015-6-23
Use props
chappy4838
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11214 ft
United Kingdom

Obviously a problem and on ios which I use , updatded firmware as i have done a couple of times already! Never had any any problems before. This time I had a crash on first flight , luckily i managed to crash land it on sand, phantom is intact and although its took a lot of sand in.

2015-6-23
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United States

The problem is with the firmware on the Phantom 3 not the tablet device. It occurs on mine since upgrading and I run IOS.
2015-6-23
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

I'm not buying Apple, it would be an Added expense, that I would rather put into more batteries. DJI sold me that they support the Android OS system, that is what I expect!!
2015-6-23
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

just an option if you don't have apple device then wait till they fixed it majority of the problem is in android devices.
2015-6-23
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

I wanna clear things I am personally a android user but after the firmware update my android device is messed up.. luckily my wife use apple device I used it all the problem is gone.If anyone of you pilot out there  still have trouble using ios devices im really sad to hear it the bird itself cost so much..hopefully DJI release an update that will cure all this problem..
2015-6-23
Use props
ranges
lvl.3

United States

I have an Air2 and have barometer errors along with several other errors
Started with firmware update.
2015-6-24
Use props
xaq7
lvl.1

United States

A vocal minority eh? In the airplane world it takes a single failure for the FAA to ground every airplane of that model. When I hear ANYONE having issues, it makes me nervous to fly. Sure my bird has been great. So far. But if we're going to take safety serious, we have to be able to trust the hardware. Right now, I can't trust the hardware.
2015-6-24
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

I do think the Hardware is fine its the firmware that is having issue.Hardware is the components of the plane like props and gimbal etc.
2015-6-24
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

ranges Posted at 2015-6-24 22:56
I have an Air2 and have barometer errors along with several other errors
Started with firmware upd ...

im sorry to hear that that is why there is forum so we know whats happening.Did you upgrade to the ios app then do cold imu together with gimbal calibration?

2015-6-24
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

leon Posted at 2015-6-24 07:58
I'm not buying Apple, it would be an Added expense, that I would rather put into more batteries. D ...

ok then buy more battery ..what im tryng to say you should try other devices that there is no problem if you wanna fly.Or wait  till  dji to find out what is the problem..you can have more than one battery but there is no used if you device is not working or just gonna crash.
2015-6-24
Use props
mikey.neeley
New

United States

I have an ios device. Tried with both my Air 2 and my iPhone 6 and experienced issues. I kept getting "no signal" for video. I finally fixed this by uninstalling the DJI Pilot app and reinstalling it. I still had noticeable drift and wrong height readings. I then tried recalibrating the IMU and gimbal, as well as cycling VPS off and back on. Things appear to be functioning normally now. At least for the time being.
2015-6-24
Use props
jlewis99
lvl.1
United States

mikey.neeley@gm Posted at 2015-6-25 07:14
I have an ios device. Tried with both my Air 2 and my iPhone 6 and experienced issues. I kept gettin ...

I did the same, recalibrated IMU, turned off the VPS, turn back on and seems to be working pretty well.   I did get some distortion about 12 minutes into the flight but that only happened once so far.
very smooth, very stable...
2015-6-24
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Canada

jlewis99 Posted at 2015-6-25 12:38
I did the same, recalibrated IMU, turned off the VPS, turn back on and seems to be working pretty  ...

Where is the VPS in the menu ?
2015-6-24
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Total Posted at 2015-6-25 12:48
Where is the VPS in the menu ?

Android? if so here
2015-6-26
Use props