IMU Calibration Error
10043 11 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kristhomas58
lvl.1
United States

We have a new Mavic 2 Pro out of the box with smart controller - props never on yet.  We live in a very rural area with only satellite wi-fi available, so I had a time getting all the firmware in and to the current version, but it's all up to speed on the drone and on the smart controller.  At first, I had a message that there were some inconsistencies, but that's gone away.  NOW, and from the beginning, I get a message on the smart controller where it should be green and indicating ready to fly "IMU error: Calibrate IMU" and we've done this at least a dozen times. We've calibrated IMU, then the compass each time. I was told that was the correct order.  They both always show successful with a green checkmark, then it says in red on the smart controller to restart the drone and the status shows the error on the left top side to calibrate IMU. Beyond frustrated!  DJI says to send it in for repair, and it's hard to believe this isn't a glitch with software that we need to get around.  Does anyone have any advice on what to try before we box it up?  Thanks SO much!  
2020-8-22
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

We understand your WiFi connection issue. This is sad as the first thing I'd do is:
1. Reinstall DJI GO4
2. Using a computer with DJI Assistant 2, not DJI GO4 app, run the updates for the drone and controller.

If the above didn't solve the recurring IMU issue, the drone should be repaired.
2020-8-22
Use props
kristhomas58
lvl.1
United States

Marty Markoe Posted at 8-22 04:03
We understand your WiFi connection issue. This is sad as the first thing I'd do is:
1. Reinstall DJI GO4
2. Using a computer with DJI Assistant 2, not DJI GO4 app, run the updates for the drone and controller.

Thank you so much, will be trying that today.  
2020-8-22
Use props
kristhomas58
lvl.1
United States

kristhomas58 Posted at 8-22 05:34
Thank you so much, will be trying that today.

I tried this, but still no fix yet.  I cannot believe the sensor are damaged as it has never had props attached yet.  I did get a message afterward in red "no attitude data to IMU".  Is this supposed to mean ALTITUDE?  Or is my attitude bad?  I really think there's a step I've missed somewhere.  I deleted DJIGO4 from my phone as you said and reinstalled.  If I am using a smart controller, where does this software come into play?  I think I am not understanding something and that's the problem.  Thanks for any help you can provide.  Maybe I should start over with everything - including set up - and do it in a certain order?  Thanks again!  
2020-8-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

kristhomas58 Posted at 8-22 10:23
I tried this, but still no fix yet.  I cannot believe the sensor are damaged as it has never had props attached yet.  I did get a message afterward in red "no attitude data to IMU".  Is this supposed to mean ALTITUDE?  Or is my attitude bad?  I really think there's a step I've missed somewhere.  I deleted DJIGO4 from my phone as you said and reinstalled.  If I am using a smart controller, where does this software come into play?  I think I am not understanding something and that's the problem.  Thanks for any help you can provide.  Maybe I should start over with everything - including set up - and do it in a certain order?  Thanks again!

Hi Kristhomas58,

Reinstall the latest firmware on the smart controller, using the DJI Assistent. The DJI go4 app will be automatic reinstalled on the smart controller. It could be the firmware was not correctly installed. That happens sometimes when you try to upgrade the firmware by wifi on the controller. Using the assistent 2 gives you a better consistent firmware install.
Also install the latest firmware on the drone, same way with the assistent 2.

Succes!

If that doesn't solve it, it could be the hardware.
2020-8-22
Use props
kristhomas58
lvl.1
United States

Thank you, I will try that as soon as I can and report here. Appreciate it!
2020-8-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kristhomas58. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 application and kindly please refresh the drones firmware using this link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic ) for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2020-8-23
Use props
kristhomas58
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-23 20:28
Hello there kristhomas58. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 application and kindly please refresh the drones firmware using this link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic ) for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Thank you so much, Stephen.  I will try to get to a strong signal and try this today.  
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there kristhomas58. You are very much welcome and thank you for the information you have given us. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-8-25
Use props
kristhomas58
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-25 23:21
Hi there kristhomas58. You are very much welcome and thank you for the information you have given us. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.

Thank you so much for your help.  It was determined that we are getting the error because one of the sensors is not working - manufacturer error straight out of the box.  The unit has been sent to the repair facility in Texas and I hope to hear from them soon regarding the repair.  Thanks again!  
2020-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

kristhomas58 Posted at 8-26 09:39
Thank you so much for your help.  It was determined that we are getting the error because one of the sensors is not working - manufacturer error straight out of the box.  The unit has been sent to the repair facility in Texas and I hope to hear from them soon regarding the repair.  Thanks again!

Hi there kristhomas58. Thank you for the update you have given and if you have any other issues or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-8-27
Use props
fans2c8da307
New
Flight distance : 37674 ft
United States

I tried over and over to calibrate my first gen Mavic Pro IMU, kept getting error code 50. Watched short YouTube video that said start calibration with Mavic upright on its hind legs first and then the other positions after. Worked like a charm first time! 33 sec video is called “DJI Mavic IMU calibration error fix”
2022-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules