Phantom 3 gimbal dial not working
12429 22 2015-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pedro_abreu
New

United States

I have a brand new Phatom 3 Professional.  
During my first flight the left dial on the remote was able to tilt the camera up and down.  Now (second flight after recharging battery) it does not work.  I've calibrated the gimbal and it still does not work.  I was able to go to the DJI Pilot App and change teh gimbal dircetion from forward to down and then back to forward, but the dial continues to not work.
Any thoughts?

2015-6-21
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

You may need to calibrate the RC again, ensuring you scroll the gimbal wheel left/right fully.
2015-6-22
Use props
SULTAN This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-22
Use props
jackngh
New

United States

I experience the same problem.  Tried recal and sensitivity on RC yet no luck.  Should I return? Had it for 2 weeks.  Controller is version B
2015-9-21
Use props
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue with mine. At lease you got to have some enjoyment with yours. I guess I got to open the box up and take it out and do the firmware update but that's it! I'm sending back and hopefully dji will fix it or send me a replacement soon.  I hope you figure it out!
2015-9-30
Use props
eaton2001
lvl.1

United States

This whole experience has been so stressful for me! I was so excited to get my dji phantom 3 and now I just want to cry. I hope the get it back to me soon! I have to send it to the company a got it from off amazon then they have to look at it and if they can't figure it out then they send it to dji so who knows when I'll see it. What a nightmare!
2015-9-30
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

I changed speed to lower on my phantom 3 standard and now it is acting weird, when i scroll just a little, say down,gimbal moves opposite, but when i scroll fast it almost works good,i calibrated RC few times, no luck,also calibrated gimbal few times,im thinking maybe IMU calibration?
2015-10-24
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

http://www.quadcopterguide.com/f ... l-on-dji-phantom-2/
2015-10-24
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

That helped me,well funny thing is,  my phantom 3 has the dial calibration option,  i just didnt see it
2015-10-24
Use props
Diego Rueda
New

Colombia

Hello friends, I'm from Colombia do not speak English. I have the same problem with my Phamtom 3 standard, the dial gimbal stopped working, I put it to fly but it does not work, the last time I flew it was working perfectly. anyone knows what I can do? in APP DJI Go, I calibrated everything, but the phantom still not working. I'm sad
12605528_938375502916185_5005455853018033030_o.jpg
2016-1-22
Use props
Diego Rueda
New

Colombia

Hello friends tell you that you can fix the problem and has to do with the speed of the gimbal, I had it to 0, to leave plays roles in 30
2016-1-22
Use props
kutaisi
New

Georgia

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2015-6-22 15:14
You may need to calibrate the RC again, ensuring you scroll the gimbal wheel left/right fully.

Your advise is a winner!
2016-2-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also there is a gimbal wheel speed adjustment in the app, if that somehow got set to 0 then the wheel won't work.
2016-2-9
Use props
chrisindevon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
I experienced the same problem with my gimbal this morning whilst flying over the sea.
The gimbal wheel didn't appear to move the camera. I got back home and did a control unit update , still not working. I checked the gimbal speed and found it was set to slow speed, all the way to the left. I set the control to approximately 30 and it works fine, nice and smooth. Give it a try. Good luck.
2016-4-7
Use props
gerzon113
New

United States

Hi...
I have the same problem with my gimbal, but in my case nothing of your subjection is seen to work for me. all firmware are up to date. I calibrated gimbal and RC, many times. Any change made to the setting no luck. please help.
2016-7-4
Use props
chonny
New

Same issue here. Tried evrything sugested here but no result.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

chonny Posted at 2016-7-23 01:43
Same issue here. Tried evrything sugested here but no result.

Since you tried deleting and reinstalling the firmware, RC stick calibration, gimbal wheel speed, and other suggestions I think you should contact support and have the RC checked out.
2016-7-22
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.2

Any updates on this mine does the same thing...on TWO birds, both worked fine and now...gimbals wheel does nothing except INCREDIBLY slow moment almost so slow you cannot see it, it you wait long enough while holding the wheel at full stop it moves...S  L  O  W  L  Y

DJI-Ken....please help

BTW calabrateded and all
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DB4Tim Posted at 2016-8-29 07:26
Any updates on this mine does the same thing...on TWO birds, both worked fine and now...gimbals whee ...

To clarify, have you already tried relinking the RC to the aircraft?
2016-8-28
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.2

Yes.................3 times
2016-8-28
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.2

HELP............................................
2016-8-29
Use props
userf88cacf812
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164104 ft
United States

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I have 2 controllers and one of them has the same issue. Using the same device with both controllers so it's not a setting because the other controller the gimbal wheel works as expected, but this one the speed at which the gimbal moves is extremely slow. From within the app, I can move the gimbal and it moves quickly. I have one of the buttons assigned to point the camera at the ground and that works as expected also.
2017-2-3
Use props
billy_jrb
New
Flight distance : 184757 ft
Spain

Hola a Todos
Alguien pudo solucionar este problema, a mi me sigue pasando lo mismo con la app se mueve, con el boton automatico (arriba/abajo) tambien, pero con la rueda no.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules