DJI had drone sent back AFTER shipping but BEFORE delivery
1625 17 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175604 ft
United States

I've never even HEARD of this happen before.

I have DJI Care Refresh Experess, which I've used in the past without a problem. AFTER the replacement drone shipped, DJI had it interrupted enroute and returned back to them. Which makes ZERO sense. It made it to Virginia, UPS got the request, then it went right back to Texas. I even have proof of delivery it was recieved by DJI on Thursday August 20. Of course, I didn't find out it wasb't going to get here until the DAY it was scheduled for delivery, August 18.

Now, after talking and chatting with them for 4 days, I have absolutely no more information than that. Seriously. UPS has been more helpful.

Instead of doing NOTHING and letting the package arrive here, someone had to go out of their way to notify UPS to return to sender. I still have no idea why.

So I've been getting the 24 to 48 hour email BS. I have yet to get a single anything from them. I also have the proof of delviery they recieved the drone I sent them for replacement. So I have proof of delivery of my drone AND the replacement, date, time of day and who recieved them. Yet they say they need to investigate, and they're telling me to be patient when the information I do know has not come from them.

Again, their actions after shipping the replacement created this situation. I'm not even sure it's legal, but I DO know it violates their own service agreement with me.

Shipping a drone then having the shipping company return it before delivery isn't even close to "Providing a replacement". Even if it's a legitimate mistake, providing NO detailes and saying they'll get back to me in 24 to 48 hours, but never do, is pretty shifty.

I was seriously considering upgrading to a better model in the future, of course DJI, but I am seriously questioning that now.

Please, actual DJI representatives, I've read responses on this forum. Don't bother responding if you cannot actually help out. That just makes the situation worse. It's bad enough I have no drone to fly, have no idea when (or if) I'll get it back, and looking at over $700 worth of equipment I cannot use with any other drone.
2020-8-22
Use props
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
United States

When I'm actually able to track a package with a specific delivery date at my address, there's a reasonable expectation it will arrive.

NOT be rerouted back to the place that sent it on their request, with no explanation whatsoever.

That pretty much requires feeling like you got SCREWED.
2020-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am deeply sorry for the unpleasant experience you had encountered, Head4Trauma. Rest assured, I will do my best to help. I managed to get your case number by your forum account, I have escalated it to the managerial department to investigate the case and provide you an update asap in working hours. I will keep tracking the status of your case until it gets solved.
2020-8-22
Use props
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
United States

I would appreciate it. I haven't been this angry in a VERY long time. I'm pretty understanding with a lot of things. Especially since I work in merchandising for a large company and deal with shipping and receiving every single day. Including following up on shipments that will be arriving to plan my week and beyond.

I mean, I haven't gotten any information at all regarding the shipping issue, but the confirmation it was shipped includes the serial number of the replacement drone.. Which is listed on my service agreement. So, clearly, it should be here. And why it's NOT I should know about.

But I've never had this happen. If I had done the same, or something similar, I'd likely be updating my resume right about now.

2020-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Head4Trauma Posted at 8-22 23:06
I would appreciate it. I haven't been this angry in a VERY long time. I'm pretty understanding with a lot of things. Especially since I work in merchandising for a large company and deal with shipping and receiving every single day. Including following up on shipments that will be arriving to plan my week and beyond.

I mean, I haven't gotten any information at all regarding the shipping issue, but the confirmation it was shipped includes the serial number of the replacement drone.. Which is listed on my service agreement. So, clearly, it should be here. And why it's NOT I should know about.

I understand your feeling on this matter, I apologize again for the inconvenience caused. Hope the case will be sorted out soon.
2020-8-23
Use props
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
United States

I hope. So far I've gotten more information (such as proof it reached DJI) than you guys have given me.
2020-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Head4Trauma Posted at 8-23 19:06
I hope. So far I've gotten more information (such as proof it reached DJI) than you guys have given me.

Our related team is following up on your case, I'll also help to keep an eye on it, if there is an update, we'll let you know. Thank you again for your patience.
2020-8-24
Use props
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
United States

Are you able check? Or have anyone I can talk to. It's been a week and everyone I've talked to is waiting on someone else to do something.

It's not a delayed order. It shipped out once, then someone contacted UPS to have it sent back. That means there's MORE information available. It even costs more to do that.

Someone should know something by now.

If it's an issue of finding it, just ship another one.
2020-8-24
Use props
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
United States

Is it at all possible something just got really screwed up? I just found an email in my spam folder that references a Case number not attached to my account.

CAS-4858807-N4X3Z2

It's a quotation for shipping costs. I don't have shipping costs with the Care Refresh. And any costs involved I paid before even printing the UPS label to ship to you.
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Head4Trauma Posted at 8-24 16:00
Is it at all possible something just got really screwed up? I just found an email in my spam folder that references a Case number not attached to my account.

CAS-4858807-N4X3Z2

Please don't pay the invoice, our managerial team is now following your case, they will keep you updated.
2020-8-25
Use props
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
United States

I heard back, they don't know what's going on. No idea it was shipped out and sent back before delivery. Got the "pandemic and repair delay in California" explanation. Not, "it was on the way to your house and somehow it showed up at out our facility in Texas" reality.
2020-8-25
Use props
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
United States

"Your request (3006334) has been received.

Following the County of Los Angeles "Safer at Home Order For Control of COVID-19" and the Executive Order from the State of California to stay at home, and in following the guidance on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 from the California Department of Public Health, we regret to inform you that we have decided to minimize our repair operations in California. Some product repairs and shipment times are expected to be delayed or suspended. Thank you for your understanding and support."

It's been a full week and I'm STILL at square one. Even after it's been escalated.
2020-8-25
Use props
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
United States

Again, I'm totally cool with a delay or suspension of services. I'm past that point in the process.
2020-8-25
Use props
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
United States

Well.............I feel like an idiot.

Please disregard posts #11, #12 and #13 above. I had another email that managed to sneak it's way into my spam folder. I should have checked there first, I didn't. My apologies.

Thank you. It looks like things are on track now.
2020-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Head4Trauma Posted at 8-25 13:30
Well.............I feel like an idiot.

Please disregard posts #11, #12 and #13 above. I had another email that managed to sneak it's way into my spam folder. I should have checked there first, I didn't. My apologies.

Thanks for your update, glad to know everything went well. Should there any further concerns, please feel free to let me know.
2020-8-26
Use props
Head4Trauma
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-26 00:35
Thanks for your update, glad to know everything went well. Should there any further concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you very much for the help. I do understand mistakes happen, that's the way life works. I just couldn't get my head around the item was intercepted and diverted back during shipment. Never encountered that. Then a week later I still had no information, aside from what UPS told me. I still don't know why UPS was told to return it. That doesn't matter though. It was obviously mistake.

And everything seemed really out of place. This is the one and only issue I've had with DJI.

Anyway, thank you. Looking forward to flying again.
2020-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Head4Trauma Posted at 8-26 18:39
Thank you very much for the help. I do understand mistakes happen, that's the way life works. I just couldn't get my head around the item was intercepted and diverted back during shipment. Never encountered that. Then a week later I still had no information, aside from what UPS told me. I still don't know why UPS was told to return it. That doesn't matter though. It was obviously mistake.

And everything seemed really out of place. This is the one and only issue I've had with DJI.

Thank you very much for your kindness, hope you'll receive the drone back soon.
2020-8-27
Use props
bazodee
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 8-27 02:29
Thank you very much for your kindness, hope you'll receive the drone back soon.

HEad4Trauma, Did you get your drone back? Please update the community that may be going through the same issues.
2020-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules