Need advice for replacing the glass lens cover on a Mavic Pro
2665 3 2020-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pretzelcuatl
lvl.1
United States

The lens coating on a used Mavic Pro I bought recently is permanently damaged (smeary), so I bought a lens cover replacement kit on ebay (the one that is the glass only, not the circuit board/lens assembly, which is far more expensive than it was a couple years ago.)

I'm about to take a blow dryer to the camera to attempt to remove the lens cover, but I'm curious what the other two things are that came with the lens cover. They appear to be some sort of film, but I'm just not sure. Are they adhesive for sticking the new glass to the front of the lens? Or are they for removing the old lens? Is the adhesive already on the new lens cover itself?

Also, because my glass is not cracked, I'm wondering if I'll just be able to use a needle and blow dryer to get it off, as I've read others have done with a cracked lens. Is it madness to consider cracking the glass to help remove it?

I'm attaching the image of the glass and the two mystery elements that came with the kit.

Thank you!
s-l1600.jpg
2020-8-23
Use props
pretzelcuatl
lvl.1
United States

You think the middle ring is the adhesive? Could be. No, seller didn’t have instructions.
2020-8-24
Use props
pretzelcuatl
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-24 11:19
Looking at the photo it looks like an adhesive ring.  You are going to want to be extremely careful placing it.  Grab it by the tab..  i might stick it to the camera first,, then place the lens.  Tweezers & reading glasses or a magnifier light if your eyes are old like mine.   Don't press hard until it's aligned well.

The piece on the right is probably to help you handle it without fingerprints.  Drop the lens on the adhesive side face down (exposed side).  Just guessing on this.

Right on, thank you. Will give it a whirl.
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this query. Just a friendly reminder DJI does not recommend doing any DIY repair or installing a third party accessory on the DJI Mavic Pro. This may affect the performance of the said drone. Thank you.
2020-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules