So what went wrong?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Hello all!, I was on vacation came home and noticed there was a "firmware update " on my Phantom3. I did the update, downloaded the right zip file everything went right up until I started the Phantom. YES!! I did IMU calibration after gimbal calibration everything ,the Pilot app did it all!. The wheel for the gimbal no matter which way you turn it would go up would not go down unless you push the button on the bottom of the remote. Have error messages saying " You need to update firmware on the phantom3 and the remote. When I look at the "about" screen it says I have FW  1.2.6 when in fact I downloaded the 1.2.8. all so I noticed when I was flying and wanted to go forward the phantom wanted to go backwards. I downloaded and did a reinstall this did not work. Does DJI have any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
2015-6-22
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you follow the firmware installation instructions exactly. You say you "downloaded the new firmware" but did you extract all the files from the zip file, copy the .bin file to the root directory of a micro SD card, put that card in the camera gimbal, start the Phantom 3 battery up with the Remote Controller turned OFF, wait for the D-D-D-D beeps (which go on for about 17-20 minutes) to change to D-DD beeps (update completed). Turn off the Phantom 3 battery, remove the SD card from the gimbal, put it in a USB stick card reader, put the card reader in the USB slot on the Remote Controller, turn on the Remote Controller, wait one minute for update to start, wait for update of Remote Controller to finish (about 3 minutes), turn off Remote Controller, remove USB stick from RC USB port?  NOW, connect everything and power up the Remote Control and the P3 and you should have the latest firmware installed on both the P3 and the Remote Controller.

Also, perform a Remote Controller stick calibration with the RC turned on and connected to mobile device and Phantom 3 battery turned OFF.  Do this from the RC Settings menu in the DJI Pilot app. After starting calibration, move each RC stick through all the limits up-down left right and all four corners and then move the gimbal wheel slowly to limits both ways.  This will calibrate all both control sticks and gimbal wheel.

Make sure you Calibrate your P3 Compass (from startup menu) before flying each time you move to a new location for the day.  This is the one where you rotate your P3 horizontally 360 degrees (P3 rear lights should turn steady green) then with P3 nose pointed toward ground rotate 360 degrees again (P3 rear lights should be now be flashing green).
2015-6-22
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

TomWolves, if needed, here are detailed firmware instructions:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware.45178

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-22
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Thank you for your help. I know what happened and fixed the problem. I installed the Pilot app first in my tablet, then did the firmware update on my Phantom and RC. So what I did was uninstall the Pilot App, then downloaded it again and installed. All good again.  
2015-6-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

TomWolves Posted at 2015-6-23 12:02
Thank you for your help. I know what happened and fixed the problem. I installed the Pilot app first ...

Was that an Android issue then? Or are you using iOS/iPad?
2015-6-22
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-6-23 12:12
Was that an Android issue then? Or are you using iOS/iPad?

FantomDK, It was a Android "Nexus 7 " , all solved.
2015-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules