Dead Mavic 2 Pro after leaving it in storage
3331 6 2020-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bryant NorCal
lvl.2
United States

Hi all,

I recently tried to use my Mavic 2 Pro after leaving it in storage in a case (safe place, untouched) for 5'ish Months. This week I take it out and attempt to charge the batteries using the charging base and nothing is charging. The base shows a solid red light and there is no power in or going to the batteries at all. I cannot do the 3 min wake up mode fix because the batteries will not take a charge from the cable or base so completely dead batteries. One battery shows a green light circle but does not power on my Mavic 2 when I press the power button so must be a false lindicator light. Def not a cheap paper weight!

I have a Mavic Air that was sitting for just as long and no battery problems.

2020-8-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines brochure says:

Battery Storage
1. Keep the batteries out of the reach of children and pets.
2. If a low-battery warning appears, charge the battery until it reaches 40-60% for long-term
storage.

Battery Maintenance
1. Never store the batteries in environments below -10° or above 45°C.
2. Battery life may be reduced if not used for a long time.
3. Fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every 3 months to maintain battery health.

Expensive lesson learned, I'm afraid ...
2020-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bryant NorCal. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Matthew Dobrski is correct on post #2. In addition I will post a link where in you can find the DJI Mavic 2 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guideline ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EN.pdf ). Thank you.

2020-8-26
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LiPo batteries require regular maintenance. In the case of DJI smart batteries they require much more. The "Smart" bit in the battery is constantly active and slowly drains the battery. 3 months is a good interval to recharge them. Also don't rely on the quick press to determine charge state. It lies. You need to power on the battery and you can see the leds drop a bar or more. At storage voltage 3.8V per cell normal "Dumb" LiPos only need to be checked every 12 months or so.   
2020-8-27
Use props
Bryant NorCal
lvl.2
United States

Thanks all for the input. Is this mentioned at all with the product or simply a known issue? I do not recall having to do what you all said when purchasing this product but I may have missed it.
2020-8-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Bryant NorCal Posted at 8-27 08:20
Thanks all for the input. Is this mentioned at all with the product or simply a known issue? I do not recall having to do what you all said when purchasing this product but I may have missed it.

Posts #2 and #4 contains text copied from official printed instructions, included with product. Unfortunately most people don't bother to read them ...
2020-8-27
Use props
Bryant NorCal
lvl.2
United States

Issue is that I know I left them at full charge before storing them but apparently being 5-6 Months is too long. ((  Off to Drone Nerds for Refurb batteries....lol.
2020-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules