741 3 2020-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Hi there

More specifically I suppose iOS users that log with Airdata UAV. I'm just starting with Litchi and ran a couple of waypoint flights this morning - all went well and I'm very impressed. Looking back at the Airdata logs though I noticed something with the battery readout. For the first time with this battery I was seeing major cell deviation on cell 4. I've not seen that before with that battery. It was fairly short lived and obviously I'll keep a close eye on things. I did dnotice that the Litchi battery data doesn't have the granularity I'd expect from the data sync'd with the Go4 app - the sample rate seems a lot slower. Also - looking at the voltage graph and the deviation graph the timings don't seem to match - see the attached screen grab.

Is it possible this major deviation is a data anomoly when Litchi sync's the log and not a major deviation at all? I free flew afterwards with the same battery on the DJI Go4 app and my airdata battery graphs show much less deviation.

Any Litchi users spot anything similar happening with their airdata battery logs?

Litchi battery info.jpg
2020-8-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hi - that wouldn't have anything to do with Litchi - not directly.  If you were flying waypoints, it appears you may have come to a stop at that waypoint, paused, and then surged onward.  That surge would require more voltage and could possible trigger a cell to drop.  Sometimes it drops more than you would like.  I do have some batteries that do that sometimes, and others that don't.  But I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If you read the fine print in your airdata log, you will likely see something that tells you that deviations, even "major" deviations, are normal.  The trick is not to get too many of them, especially during the end of the flight.  If you're worried, try to fly more gently.  I would not worry too much about this example though.  

Here is an example of a flight that had a cell deviation of 130 mv right at the launch.  

Good luck.  
2020-8-31
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-31 05:03
Hi - that wouldn't have anything to do with Litchi - not directly.  If you were flying waypoints, it appears you may have come to a stop at that waypoint, paused, and then surged onward.  That surge would require more voltage and could possible trigger a cell to drop.  Sometimes it drops more than you would like.  I do have some batteries that do that sometimes, and others that don't.  But I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If you read the fine print in your airdata log, you will likely see something that tells you that deviations, even "major" deviations, are normal.  The trick is not to get too many of them, especially during the end of the flight.  If you're worried, try to fly more gently.  I would not worry too much about this example though.  

Here is an example of a flight that had a cell deviation of 130 mv right at the launch.  

Thanks Mark - I'll keep an eye on it.
2020-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide the best information for this query. Just a friendly reminder since the Litchi application is not tested by our DJI R&D team, we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said application during flight, please use the recommended application which is the DJI Fly to ensure the safety and stability during flight. Thank you.
2020-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules