Calibration of sticks fails (full DJI FPV setup)
9555 13 2020-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_W77T39Qbk1AF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17152 ft
Denmark

Hi

I have the full DJI FPV setup (controller, goggles, air unit), on a Holybro Kakute F7 HDV FC.

Preparing for the first flight, I went to : "Settings" -> "Remote controller" -> "Calibration".

In Calibration menu, I clicked "Start Calibration", and started moving the sticks to outer max positions. Up-down, left-right.

No matter how I did it, and no matter in what sequence, it responded within approx. 5-10 seconds with a Calibration failed error.

Air unit, goggles and controller are all new (from Banggood). And updated to latest version.

1) Do you other guys also get an error when trying to calibrate sticks?

2) The bottom part of the calibration menu seems to be for Left Dial. That part of the screen wasn't active. - Is that because it only becomes active when stick-calibration is completed as a first step?

I have tried to google if other have similar experiences, but without luck.

Note. My sticks do work. I can see they respond in the "Servo setup" menu in the goggles, and I see them respond in Betaflight.

I hope someone knows, or will take the time to try out a remote controller calibration of sticks, on the full DJI setup.

Thanx
Jens

2020-8-31
Use props
djiuser_W77T39Qbk1AF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17152 ft
Denmark

Could anyone help trying this out, on latest firmware, thanx?
2020-9-4
Use props
papahouss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89865 ft
France

Hello,

I have the same issue, the calibration fails after few seconds systematically. Can you please help us on this.

Thank you
2020-9-20
Use props
djiuser_JOvlBWLJ0VE4
lvl.1

United States

I just received the DJI FPV setup (controller, goggles, air unit) and am running it on the iFlight SucceX-D Mini F7 TwinG and am having the same issue.  Calibration always fails about 5 seconds into the left dial calibration.  The goggles, controller and air unit are all on the V01.00.0600 firmware version.
2020-9-20
Use props
djiuser_kRdsWwCG69Tf
New

Australia

I am also having this issue, all firmware is updated. As soon as i try to calibrate i get the error message "calibration failed ensure control sticks are centred".

Has anyone had this resolved?
2020-11-10
Use props
2N5R
lvl.1

Germany

I have the evact same issue. Unfortunately my controller is mis-calibrated, so I have issues flyling. DJI, please fix.
2020-11-11
Use props
2N5R
lvl.1

Germany

thread bump
2020-12-10
Use props
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

Also a problem. You have to have the throttle stick centered to start the calibration. I can go through everything, including the bottom slide knob, and it says it is successful, but I can't move the curser to "complete"
2021-5-3
Use props
FPVC
lvl.1
France

For me it’s even worse, the Yaw channel is not even recognized it sees only 3 channels on the flight simulator, not yet bind with goggles ans drone, coz wanted to practice first! Any insights as to why mythe Yaw channel is not seen by the SIM, gents please?
2021-6-28
Use props
fansa4e5a707
New
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same issue as well. Gimbal registers left and right but no matter how much I move my sticks it stays on 0%.
2021-7-7
Use props
groundzero
New

United States

Connecting the DJI FPV controller 2 on macOS for Liftoff & DRL SIM simulation:

Is any controller setup required prior to calibrating the FPV controller 2 with the Liftoff software? I bought my controller separately for simulator use.
I’m unable to calibrate the controller with Liftoff v1.3.15 or DRL SIM v3.11.7, both failed and couldn’t detect the controller channels.  

Thanks,

2022-1-1
Use props
TarasFPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248268 ft

Germany

cootertwo Posted at 2021-5-3 12:27
Also a problem. You have to have the throttle stick centered to start the calibration. I can go through everything, including the bottom slide knob, and it says it is successful, but I can't move the curser to "complete"

I have the exact same issue. Are there any solutions now?
2022-1-9
Use props
djiuser_cAOpBCnsQuRQ
New
Flight distance : 191220 ft

Germany

here the same no funktion on the sticks....gimbal ok, mode switch ok....
but no calibration and no funktion in simulator!!

2022-1-21
Use props
Paweł Wilczyński
New

Poland

Hi,

i have got 2 simulators (DRL & Liftoff) with dji fpv 2 controller (as attached).

Unfortunately few issues accoured during calibration.

1)        With DRL simulator - throttle channel during sticking up was not found.

2)        With Liftoff problem poping up about centering sticks...

Controller is recognized as HID Intereface.

What I have checked:

•        cable is for charging as well as for data transfer

•        I was playing with screws on the back (1st try with auto centering and second one for manual mode)

•        DJI assistand for fpv drones was installed and controller were found - software up to date..

•       

please kindly help guys ;)

thanks a lot
2022-2-17
Use props
hychewright
lvl.2
United States

Any answer yet? Having the same issue.
2022-5-24
Use props
Advanced