DJI Care Refresh - Replacement of Mavic Air 2 - Explanation
1661 7 2020-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bu11et
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66873 ft
Bulgaria

Hello, I post this thread in order to make the process of replacing a damaged drone via DJI Care Refresh Express through the eyes of a client a little bit clearer.
I bought my first drone Mavic Air 2 at the begining of August 2020. Fortunately I made a DJI Care Refresh insurance. I am from Europe region. On my 4-th flight a made a very big mistake - I flew my drone only looking on the screen on my remote controller. Unfortanately, on this exact moment the drone crashed in a metal pylon and dropped to the ground from 18 meters. There were no any visible damages, except small damage on the back side of the gimble, but the gimble was not working properly.
At that moment I realised that I have to use my DJI Care Refresh insurance. The whole process took me exactly 2 weeks. At first I was a little confussed and concerned what I will receive after I chose the option of receiving a replacement unit and after reading some threads in this forum which are a little negative and a little disturbing.
My case was as follows:
1. I contacted the support team and submited a case.
2. I paid the fee.
3. I was told that I will receive a replacement unit that will be as good as new one. - This answer stressed me a little, because I couldn't understand what does this mean exactly. I was very worried whether I will recieve a new drone or a refurbished one.
4. In the same day I received a shipment label and in the same day I sent the damaged drone with propellers and battery.
5. The drone travelled to Germany where is the DJI service center in Europe for 10 days. (it is because of the schedule of the courier).
6. As soon as DJI received the damaged drone they send me the replacement unit.
7. After 4 more days I received the replacement unit via UPS courier.
Happily all my anxiety was for nothing. The replacement unit is a brand new drone produced only for replacement purposes in accordance with DJI Care Refresh terms. It is in a brand new box - only drone and propellers. I received the battery separately in the same parcel. (If you are interested I can send pictures of the parcel.)
As a client I am very satisfied with the product and the service which I received for the money. I definitely recommend all users to make DJI Care Refresh insurance - it is woth it!
My advices to all people who need to use their DJI Care Refresh are:
1. Pay attention to the case submiting process at the begining! It is very important to understand and choose what do you really want to do with your damaged drone! In my case I decided to replace it.
2. Do not hesitate to contact the support team. I chose to ask all my questions via chat support option. I chatted with several persons from the support team through the submitiing case process and I am very grateful to all of them. They were really in a great help to me and they instructed me on every step which was not completely clear to me at that time.
3. Follow the instructions which you will receive via email a little after you submit the case. I received the shipment label from DHL for a chosen courier in my country.
4. Calm down and wait for your new drone.
One more advice from me: Always keep your drone in your eyesight when you are flying especially when you are flying in a city!
At the end, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to DJI and all of the support team members who were involved in my case!
2020-9-2
Use props
nickjones.1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197451 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for the post, This is much appreciated and very reassuring, i have just had to make a request for a replacement. My drone took a swim in sea water, along with the controller and all the spare batteries (Don't ask). Unfortunately i was to impatient to wait for their shipment label as i would really of liked a replacement by the 10th September, so i sent it next day using DHL. DHL delivered it and it has been signed for, but because it didn't use the UPS label (which was emailed 3 days later) they can't find my parcel (9 days so far). I guess they have a large facility with lots of different departments (i'm sure it will turn up, but not in time now). So note to all. Wait and use DJI's shipping label. Thanks again, Nick
2020-9-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, bu11et. Thank you for sharing your experience with our Support team and your DJI Care Refresh replacement. Rest assured that we'll do our very best to provide quality service(s). Feel free to reach us again for other concerns, we'll do out best to help. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2020-9-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

nickjones.1 Posted at 9-2 10:29
Thank you for the post, This is much appreciated and very reassuring, i have just had to make a request for a replacement. My drone took a swim in sea water, along with the controller and all the spare batteries (Don't ask). Unfortunately i was to impatient to wait for their shipment label as i would really of liked a replacement by the 10th September, so i sent it next day using DHL. DHL delivered it and it has been signed for, but because it didn't use the UPS label (which was emailed 3 days later) they can't find my parcel (9 days so far). I guess they have a large facility with lots of different departments (i'm sure it will turn up, but not in time now). So note to all. Wait and use DJI's shipping label. Thanks again, Nick

We're sorry to know about this, Nick. May we ask for the DHL tracking number, please. We'll do our best to help. Thank you for your patience.
2020-9-2
Use props
nickjones.1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 9-2 10:42
We're sorry to know about this, Nick. May we ask for the DHL tracking number, please. We'll do our best to help. Thank you for your patience.

Hi Diana, Thank you for the message, Natalia has this on her radar and i'm sure she is doing a super job in the background,

it's my fault, i should have waited for the shipping label.

If they cannot find the parcel, and i buy another Mavic Air 2, am i able to swap the Care Refresh over to the new drone as i would not have used the care refresh.

Thank you,

Nick
2020-9-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

nickjones.1 Posted at 9-2 10:49
Hi Diana, Thank you for the message, Natalia has this on her radar and i'm sure she is doing a super job in the background,

it's my fault, i should have waited for the shipping label.

Hi, Nick. For the DJI Care Refresh concern, we need to verify first if the unit was lost or retrieved. If the unit was retrieved by your courier, then we can proceed with your case using DJI Care Refresh Express. If the unit is lost, then we highly recommend to email djicare@dji.com and coordinate with them regarding your lost unit and transfer request to your newly purchased unit.

Furthermore, for the transfer request for the lost unit, the DJI Care team can process your transfer request with the same model of the unit. Please note below the given requirement to be able to process your transfer request for your lost unit:

Proof of purchase of the new unit.
New serial number:
Old serial number or service agreement number:
Video verification if the new / replacement unit has been activated for more than 48 hrs.

You may check and download the guidelines for video verification to this link: https://account.dji.com/login?ap ... ad&locale=en_US

Be advised that the video should be uploaded on YouTube. Also, you can upload it to Google Drive or DropBox. Make sure to set the privacy settings to Public so we can evaluate your video.
2020-9-2
Use props
nickjones.1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 9-2 11:30
Hi, Nick. For the DJI Care Refresh concern, we need to verify first if the unit was lost or retrieved. If the unit was retrieved by your courier, then we can proceed with your case using DJI Care Refresh Express. If the unit is lost, then we highly recommend to email  and coordinate with them regarding your lost unit and transfer request to your newly purchased unit.

Hi Diana

Thank you for the reply, The drone has been delivered to DJI, please see attached.

My incident involved the whole Fly More Combo being submerged in sea water for a number of hours.

so i will also need a quote for two additional batteries and a new controller so i can understand the full cost of replacement or if i should buy new and start again.

Thank you for the additional information of transfer of DJI care refresh should i buy new.

Thank you again

Nick

2020-9-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

nickjones.1 Posted at 9-2 11:51
Hi Diana

Thank you for the reply, The drone has been delivered to DJI, please see attached.

No worries, Nick. We'll do our best to help you with your case. Stay safe!
2020-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules