1450 11 2020-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Hi DJI -

I actually really like DJI Fly and find it easier to navigate around in than Go 4.  However, I really miss one feature.

In Go 4, the "radar" had an artificial horizon (I think that's what it's called).  A little line the moved up and down or tilted diagonally within the radar to show the attitude (not altitude) of the drone.  This feature was especially helpful for determining wind direction and speed.  It's not uncommon for the wind to be blowing much harder a few hundred feet up and that can have an impact on decisions you make while flying.  With the artificial horizon, I could park my drone for a few seconds and see what attitude it assumed to hold itself in place.  If it was steeply pitched in one direction or another, I knew the wind was blowing hard.  If the artificial horizon line was fairly flat and in the middle of the radar, I knew it was calm up there.

All good information to have!  Thanks.
2020-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2020-9-2
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I agree
2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks fro sharing
2020-9-3
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm also in favor of it, much better than current.
2020-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this informative post and sharing your personal insights regarding this feature. I will forward this thread and suggestion to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-9-3
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Totally agree with this request.  All manned aircraft generally have this metric, it was great in Go4.
2020-9-3
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

It would be nice if we could fly using either DJI Fly or Go — those looking for a streamlined experience could use Fly, and those who need the additional features could use Go. That would be more useful than retrofitting features from Go into Fly.
2020-9-3
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like the idea. Thanks for posting.
2020-9-3
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Thank you DJI - it looks like my request has been answered in 1.2.2!  I look forward to trying it out.
2020-12-25
Use props
DarMcD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1479610 ft
Ireland

Yeah, it was a really nice feature
2020-12-28
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

BKahuna Posted at 12-25 21:40
Thank you DJI - it looks like my request has been answered in 1.2.2!  I look forward to trying it out.

I like this feature as well, can't wait to try it in Fly app...
2020-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules