554 3 2020-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone AV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 246650 ft
United States

Hi,

I have a P4P v2.0.  After each flight with video recording on, I found in the aircraft's SD card, there are 2 folders : DCIM and MISC.
The 4k video captured is stored under DCIM.
But the low resolution version of these video (for transmission purpose to the remote controller, I guess)  are stored under MISC/THM/100.

I believe these low resolution version video are exactly the same I found in my cell phone folder DJI  which runs the DJI GO 4 App (Android).

If so, why do I need to keep these low resolution (1280 x720) video in the aircraft SD card, when I have a copy in my cell phone.
Is there a way to disable saving these low resolution video in the aircraft SD card, so as to save space for the 4K video being captured ?

If these low resolution video in the SD card is for transmission purpose, then once it is done, can it automatically delete to save space while the aircraft is in the air?

Thanks
Sam.

2020-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. The best video quality is saved inside the SD card on the drone. These temporary files are back up video and are a lower quality than on the SD card, to turn off the video cache during recording, please go the to DJI Go 4 application's camera view > settings > general setting then disable the cache during video recording. Thank you.
2020-9-7
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

May I ask if I disable the video cache, will I still get the lower quality version on my cell phone?

I do want the lower resolution (1280x720) video on my cell phone.  I just don't want to have a duplicate copy on my SD card.

Thanks,
Sam.
2020-9-9
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

Any reply ?

I do want to keep the 720p lower resolution record video on my cell phone.   But how can I turn off this duplicated video on the SSD card ?
SSD card contains both the high resolution video (under DCIM/100MEDIA folder), as well as the same lower resolution video under the SSD card folder MISC/THM/100/.
How can I get rid of recording the lower resolution video under the SSD card folder MISC/THM/100/ ?

Thanks
Sam.
2020-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules