Smart Controller is a Must have.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can always at least see what is going on in the screen.  W/ the Smartphone when it starts to get hot it gets dimmer.
2020-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1000 nits does come in handy
2020-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your valued insight with regards to this matter. Again, thank you for continuously supporting DJI and please stay safe always.
2020-9-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-6 23:44
Hello there AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your valued insight with regards to this matter. Again, thank you for continuously supporting DJI and please stay safe always.

I did have the Smart Controller crash on me once into a total grey, blackout, into a 1 minute app crash notification but I'm not sure if that is on the latest firmware or just one previous.  Can you remove the inability to RTH through a Blue/Red Zone just incase this happens in the future?  You guys have allowed higher transmission range now we need to work on the Authorization RTH issue.  People can just make their own drones or other drones to accomplish their illegal task.  Making the inability to RTH in a Blue Zone, it's not right.  The Blue Radius span is way way too big at times and doing an inspection or a commercial shoot, you are inside the blue zone but Dozens of Miles and Miles from the center of the zone.

Need the ability to Always RTH.  A good method to have a Blue Zone is the inability to fly greater than 600m or even 200m for that matter from the take-off point.  Do Not restrict the ability to RTH at all.

You should Also give us the option to decide how far the drone has to be before it has to hit the desired RTH altitude.  Taking off from the side of a lake and being over it is a good example.  The App/Controller is not 100% immune to crashing.  Say for example someone flies in a blue zone over a live highway but then loses feed.  It Will land on the active highway.
2020-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iPhone 11 Max has been working ok for me so far,  though Im about to switch to a 1st gen iPhone SE to have something smaller and dimmer to use.
2020-9-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-8 00:45
iPhone 11 Max has been working ok for me so far,  though Im about to switch to a 1st gen iPhone SE to have something smaller and dimmer to use.

Assuming you are in the UK like your profile shows, that might explain.  Not sure you guys ever see the sun over there!  

I've got the iPhone 11 Pro and even here in Ohio (not even the south like in Florida) when used in direct sunlight, the screen will dim out due to the heat.  I literally hate using my phone to fly with.  I can't wait until they finally implement SC support for the Mavic Air 2!
2020-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 9-8 01:47
Assuming you are in the UK like your profile shows, that might explain.  Not sure you guys ever see the sun over there!  

I've got the iPhone 11 Pro and even here in Ohio (not even the south like in Florida) when used in direct sunlight, the screen will dim out due to the heat.  I literally hate using my phone to fly with.  I can't wait until they finally implement SC support for the Mavic Air 2!

We saw the Sun on July 11 this year, not sure when it scheduled to return.  
2020-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules