Battery charger quit working (temporarily)
737 10 2020-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed last night that my MA2 battery charger had stopped working. The tablet that was attached had a dead battery and attaching a partly discharged drone battery did nothing. I checked the tablet with another charger that worked, so it was good. I checked the price for a new DJI one from a vendor and found one for $29. I know it is guaranteed, but for $29 I did not want to live without a charger for long by sending it back to DJI so .... I ordered an after-market one ($35) on Amazon for delivery today. In the meantime, I left the DJI charger unplugged for an hour and then tried it again late last night. This time it worked normally and has continued to work throughout this morning. Perhaps there was some kind of overload/surge that "switched" it off. I know that most chargers have a thermal overload switch that may reset after cooling (called a resettable thermal fuse). We have had many thunderstorms with power surges here lately. Anyone else have this issue?

2020-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. It would be best to contact our DJI support team to further diagnose and assists you regarding this matter. Thank you.
2020-9-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Guess I am the only one. Just my luck.
2020-9-10
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-10 10:56
Guess I am the only one. Just my luck.

I have not had this issue...sorry.
2020-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine hasn't stopped charging but I do find that it gets very hot, almost to the point that I can't touch it immediately after stopping the charge. It does cool down quite quickly though and yet to have any problems. Glad yours began working again - at least you can now charge two batteries simultaneously.
2020-9-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Actually I could charge 4 drone batteries simultaneously .... if I had 4 ;-)
2020-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 9-10 11:24
Actually I could charge 4 drone batteries simultaneously .... if I had 4 ;-)

Ah, you bought one of those multi chargers - I've been looking at those lately to cut the ridiculous charge time down as I've got 4 batteries with the MA2 and it takes 6 hours to charge them up
2020-9-10
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

A J Posted at 9-10 10:59
Mine hasn't stopped charging but I do find that it gets very hot, almost to the point that I can't touch it immediately after stopping the charge. It does cool down quite quickly though and yet to have any problems. Glad yours began working again - at least you can now charge two batteries simultaneously.

Have You used both outputs? Mine gets warm (40deg range of Celsius) with 2 batteries in hub, one full and another in the middle of charging program. USB output not connected.

Gary, I guess some sort of protection like You said. These units in general do not fail very often when used in proper way (not pushed over limits).
2020-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 9-10 23:51
Have You used both outputs? Mine gets warm (40deg range of Celsius) with 2 batteries in hub, one full and another in the middle of charging program. USB output not connected.

Gary, I guess some sort of protection like You said. These units in general do not fail very often when used in proper way (not pushed over limits).

Yes, I use both - three batteries on the hub and the RC in the USB
2020-9-11
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

A J Posted at 9-11 00:15
Yes, I use both - three batteries on the hub and the RC in the USB
I have to check the temperature with both ports used...but 3 more Amps should rise the temperature.
2020-9-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 9-11 10:16
I have to check the temperature with both ports used...but 3 more Amps should rise the temperature.

2020-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules