DJI pilot 1.2.0 basically unusable on android
2606 16 2015-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonnygsx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 956394 ft
United States

I am using a nexus 7 II which is on the DJI approved tablet list. I only use this device to fly with my phantom 3 professional. No other software is installed. I recently updated my phantom 3 to the latest firmware and updated my dji pilot app as well. The app is basically unusable. When my video feed works it is extremely laggy, stuttery, and pixelated. It will constantly go from saying I have full signal to no signal and the image will freeze, then a second or two later it will come back, then freeze and say no signal again. I was flying in the same area I have flown many times with the same setup but on the older dji app without issue. I borrowed a friends ipad mini 3 and everything worked perfectly. So it is clearly the app at fault and nothing else. DJI please fix your app and do some testing before you release new versions.
2015-6-22
Use props
andre.staehli.b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4313343 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I have analog problem on my ASUS memo pad 7 with android 5.0.1. Camera image is not displayed till il start video recording. Trace on the map doesn't work anyway. Il dis-install the app et re-install 1.1.0 and all is now ok even with the new Phantom 3 PRO firmware . Please DJI to correct this annoying situation. Another question: Why this app is only 50 Mb and the precedent version (1.1.0) is more than 100 Mb size?
2015-6-23
Use props
patersonward.ho
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-24
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

Nvidia Shield tablet.  Works great, no issues with caching. No battery issues.  Rock stable, no crashes,   no reboots. HDMI out.  SSD slot for more RAM. Screen recording.
2015-6-30
Use props
litamation.yaho
lvl.1

United States

I am also having issues with Nexsus 7
2015-7-2
Use props
DJI SDK Support
lvl.3
Hong Kong

What's your android version?
2015-7-2
Use props
litamation.yaho
lvl.1

United States

Android 5.1.1 (lolipop)
2015-7-3
Use props
Mcoda92
lvl.1
United States

I'm having similar issues on my Samsung Glaxay S5.  Lots of lag on the video feed.  No lag on the controls for movement of my Inspire 1.
2015-7-5
Use props
tommy.davis417
lvl.1
Flight distance : 871699 ft
United States

Is anyone using the Note 3? Any feedback is appreciated.  My GS3 won't cut it anymore and looking for recommendations on which device is best.  I prefer Android, but if I need to go iOS, I will.
2015-7-9
Use props
JesusLoveU
New

Hong Kong

try connect yr device running dji app to internet. This may help
2015-7-12
Use props
JesusLoveU
New

Hong Kong

JesusLoveU Posted at 2015-7-12 22:25
try connect yr device running dji app to internet. This may help

This may help to solve the problem of video lagging.
2015-7-12
Use props
Stergios
lvl.1

Greece

i'm using 2 phones thl w8s and samsung s4, the only issue for now is video lag (too much for use in field)  which is awful. Any help on that?  ..anyone?
2015-7-12
Use props
chibberts
lvl.1

United States

tommy.davis417@ Posted at 2015-7-10 10:21
Is anyone using the Note 3? Any feedback is appreciated.  My GS3 won't cut it anymore and looking fo ...

I actually use my Note 3 and have had no issues. I must tell you that i have not really edited any videos yet but I got the Inspire for personal use and not for anything else. If I run into any issues I will let you know. For now all my videos seem fine as do pics.
2015-7-12
Use props
tommy.davis417
lvl.1
Flight distance : 871699 ft
United States

chibberts Posted at 2015-7-13 07:41
I actually use my Note 3 and have had no issues. I must tell you that i have not really edited any ...

Thanks for the feedback!  I appreciate it
2015-7-13
Use props
artis.treijs
New
Flight distance : 313196 ft
Latvia

After I update DJI Pilot app to 1.2.0, live HD view lag all the time. DJI Pilot app is unusable for my Note 3, app crash so many times. Grrr!
I contacted to DJI about this issue... They know about this issue. They said: Currently HQ China is working on a new update which should solve the issue. Therefore I would like to kindly ask you to have a little patience until it is released.
Why DJI? Why you release this updates if you know about this issue???
2015-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules