My experiences ordering from DJI
979 5 2015-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
editfx
lvl.2

United States

I've placed a total of 3 orders directly from DJI.
First order was for extra props ordered on 5/29, shipped on 6/4 and I received them a couple days later.
Next was for a battery ordered on 6/8 and it is still pending.
Third was for an extra battery charger and another item which were ordered together on 6/19.  I received a tracking number on 6/23 with a scheduled delivery of this Friday 6/26.

So DJI seems to be reasonably prompt in shipping items they have in stock.
Other items such as batteries, cases, etc. the demand is obviously exceeding supply so they are difficult to get.
But this is pretty common with many popular new items when they first hit the market.
I expect that supply will eventually catch up and things will settle down hopefully soon.  I'm guessing in a few weeks maybe.
I expected to be waiting a while for the battery and other than that one item my experiences with DJI shipping have been pretty good and I have no complaints.

I'm new to the quadcopter world and have just discovered I have an authorized dealer about a half mile from my house so I'll likely get most future items through them and support my local B&M establishment.
I only post this to let folks know that if you can determine if the item is actually in stock at DJI then their shipping times are very reasonable.  At least that has been my experience thus far.

2015-6-23
Use props
golden.jms
New

United States

I find that communication is this company's downfall. Can they communicate, correctly, what they have in stock or not? I doubt it. I ordered a Ph3 Advanced 3 weeks ago and ended up canceling. I don't know if they have cancelled it, when they reply to my emails it's gibberish. I would have better luck understanding someone from England speaking English, which is an impossible task it seems these days.

I would advise against doing business with this outfit directly. Buy from resellers and leave the Chinese translation problems and work ethic issues to the reseller.
2015-6-23
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

I'm going to try really hard not to turn this into a bashing thread.

Getting an sales agent  on the chat can be a challenge. People rely on the online inventory statements provided. If you state 5-7 working days, I expect 5-7 working days for shipment, not three weeks and counting.

There are a lot of dealers for various products  that intentionally mis-represent stock on hand in order to get a sale knowing that by US law they have 30 days from order receipt to ship or notify you of a delay. That dealer may get you once, but in most cases you won't go back to them again.

Issues can be worked out before hand with honest communication.
2015-6-23
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very true, my props arrived very quickly. Backpack on the other hand... Still not here
2015-6-23
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Dji should include something for free or give us some credit for making us wait more then expected. They should give us free propellers for waiting more then 3-6 weeks for delivery... I know that 3DR Robotics gives people who ordered a gimbal for their solo drone a free battery after their order got delayed a couple weeks. If dji wants customers to stay with them and keep customers happy this would be the way to go, and also of course speeding up shipping and better customer service.
2015-6-23
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Jack57 Posted at 2015-6-24 06:04
Dji should include something for free or give us some credit for making us wait more then expected.  ...

What would probably get more folks to make the switch would be an adaptor that would accept the Phantom 2 and Phantom 3 battery for the Solo.

If you've got a K tied up in batteries it's going to be difficult to switch.

You listening 3DR?

I recently had a eBay dealer give me a $300 search light because his shipping department couldn't find the time  to ship the light I'd purchased. I've got all the eBays mails to prove that I'm not lying.
2015-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules