Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Youtube Phantom 3 video titles being cloned?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

One of my videos had the title and sub-title cut and pasted, and the video is something completely different. The opening is some scantily clad woman (l stopped there through disinterest since l AM a woman ).

l clicked on this "person's" page link and see that they have cloned the titles, sub-titles, and openings of a ton of Phantom 3-related videos and populated them with their own. This "person's" account was opened yesterday.

ls this a bot? And is there some purpose to it?
My video was titled in such a way that a search only brought up the one. Now there are two.
l reported it but l'm not sure it's really reportable. Does anyone know what's going on, is this a known thing?

Also, l would check your videos. Copy and paste the title into Search, you may have been copied. lmagine your family and friends' surprise when they search for the title you gave them...
One of the clones is a DJI video.
2015-6-23
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Did you report it to youtube?
2015-6-23
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Rigworker Posted at 2015-6-24 01:32
Did you report it to youtube?

Yes, l did. But l'm not sure what they can do. l think they can title their videos whatever they want.
l reported it as misleading in that the title didn't match the content.
2015-6-23
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

In jest, prove you're a woman, I dare you.

OK now, what they are probably doing is fishing for clicks. If they get enough clicks, YouTube pays for royalties for video's.

Consider yourself cloned. Maybe now you can be out partying at night and get a good nights sleep at the same time.

I've had the same type of issues in the past. They made a compilation using my work. Close to 40% of the video was mine, just sped up and slowed down. The way I got them shutdown is that I paid for a use license for the music I used. I reported them to the artist.

Probably the best $75 I ever spent. Now I don't post anything on social media
2015-6-23
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-24 01:44
In jest, prove you're a woman, I dare you.

OK now, what they are probably doing is fishing for clic ...

Haha. Okay, l'll be irrational

Speaking of cloning, l'm looking forward to the day they invent a drone that l can send to work in my place.
2015-6-23
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It happens quite a lot, if you check 'their' other videos they will have uploaded a ridiculously large number in a few minutes - not sure how they even do it.
I've reported them in the past and they have eventually been removed.
2015-6-23
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-6-24 01:49

Speaking of cloning, l'm looking forward to the day they invent ...

Touche!

You need to get into the retirement gig. They pay me more that I made while on an active payroll and listen now since they pay me lots of money.

2015-6-23
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-24 02:20
Touche!

You need to get into the retirement gig. They pay me more that I made while on an active  ...

It's probably a waste of time to worry about it. I'm pretty sure they're running a software tha mashes stuff in super quick time and uploads it too. They are generating lots of these faster than you'll ever get them taken down.
2015-6-23
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

There are now almost 140 Phantom videos on this new channel, including an lrix Guy vid and a Tom's Tech Time.
So far they have very few clicks but if it manages to stick around it'll probably do well. l had no idea this was a thing.
2015-6-23
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-6-24 01:49

Speaking of cloning, l'm looking forward to the day they invent ...

A genius cloned himself one day. Sent the clone to work. He didn't realize there was a fault with the clone. The clone cussed like a sailor all day long. The coworkers were not impressed, put two and two together, figured out what happened and called the "original" guy.

The guy came to the office and tried to reason with the clone. The clone cussed him out. The guy threw his clone out of the window, but they didn't charge him with murder. With what crime was he charged?

Making an obscene clone fall.
2015-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules