DJI Says my new drone is already registered in Taiwan?
543 9 2020-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LUCKYTERRY
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I've just received my new Mavic Air 2, two hours ago. I've just plugged it into my Mac to update the firmware as recommended and pre-charged all the batteries.

So, before I ventured out for the drone's first flight I thought I'd purchase DJI Care. But when I inputted the Drone's S/N I just get the message....

"Your aircraft has been activated over 48 hours. You cannot purchase DJI Care Refresh."

I contacted DJI straight away via online chat, and the representative informed me that because the drone was bought via an unofficial retailer, who shipped it (without my knowledge) from Taiwan, I couldn't purchase DJI Care in The UK.

Is there a way to correct this admin issue, or do I have to return the drone for a refund and buy another one, making sure this time that it is a UK model?

Big thanks in advance for any help or advice.

LT.

2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. We're truly sorry to know these issues LuckyTerry. Please take note that currently, DJI Care Refresh only provides the International Warranty Service to the DJI OM 4. For other DJI products bound with the DJI Care Refresh plan, the service plan can only be used in the country or region where the product was purchased.

We highly suggest contacting your dealer for returns. Please make sure to purchase on our official website and other authorized stores within your current region. Thank you.
2020-9-21
Use props
LUCKYTERRY
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 9-21 08:22
Hi there. We're truly sorry to know these issues LuckyTerry. Please take note that currently, DJI Care Refresh only provides the International Warranty Service to the DJI OM 4. For other DJI products bound with the DJI Care Refresh plan, the service plan can only be used in the country or region where the product was purchased.

We highly suggest contacting your dealer for returns. Please make sure to purchase on our official website and other authorized stores within your current region. Thank you.

Hi, I bought the Air 2 in The UK.
2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LUCKYTERRY Posted at 9-21 09:15
Hi, I bought the Air 2 in The UK.

Understood, apologies but though it was purchased within the UK, we do not have the capacity to contact your retailer/dealer to assist being it is an unofficial one.  

Thank you for understanding.
2020-9-21
Use props
LUCKYTERRY
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 9-21 09:47
Understood, apologies but though it was purchased within the UK, we do not have the capacity to contact your retailer/dealer to assist being it is an unofficial one.  

Thank you for understanding.

Thanks for your responses.

I did have a txt chat earlier today and the rep said that if I sent in a video of the drone, via a screen capture of the App, I would be able to purchase DJI Care. I had explained that I bought the drone in The UK and it was shipped from Taiwan.

He said it didn't matter, just as long as I could prove that the drone was brand new and un-damaged.

Is this true? I'm getting conflicting information from DJI employees.
2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LUCKYTERRY Posted at 9-21 11:23
Thanks for your responses.

I did have a txt chat earlier today and the rep said that if I sent in a video of the drone, via a screen capture of the App, I would be able to purchase DJI Care. I had explained that I bought the drone in The UK and it was shipped from Taiwan.

I see, thank you for clarifications. Please do send an email to djicare@dji.com for further assistance of its possibilities. You may then have to take a VIDEO VERIFICATION if that's the case.

Thank you.
2020-9-21
Use props
LUCKYTERRY
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 9-21 12:43
I see, thank you for clarifications. Please do send an email to  for further assistance of its possibilities. You may then have to take a VIDEO VERIFICATION if that's the case.

Thank you.

That is what I was advised to do earlier.

Big thanks
2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LUCKYTERRY Posted at 9-21 12:45
That is what I was advised to do earlier.

Big thanks

No worries. Feel free to reach us again for any clarifications. Glad to be of help.
2020-9-21
Use props
LUCKYTERRY
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 9-21 13:03
No worries. Feel free to reach us again for any clarifications. Glad to be of help.

Update - Video verification has been approved and I now have DJI Care on the Air 2.

Many thanks,
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LUCKYTERRY Posted at 9-22 10:38
Update - Video verification has been approved and I now have DJI Care on the Air 2.

Many thanks,

Hi, LuckyTerry. That's good to know everything went well.

Stay safe always.
2020-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules