https://youtu.be/JDSVBMKNark
2020-9-21
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

First off, you want the url that includes /watch?v=

After you post, click the url youtube gives you to view your video, then copy the url from the navigation bar into your forum post.

Second, you want to move your gimbal SLOWLY and SMOOTHLY, if at all, during a shot.

Great colors and cool scene with the sunset and the sea.

2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13294426 ft
United States

Tentoes Posted at 9-21 19:21

After you post, click the url youtube gives you to view your video, then copy the url from the navigation bar into your forum post.

Thanks for the tips and compliment and apparently for going to my YOU Tube Channel and posting that for me i couldnt figure out how to do it then i couldnt figure out how to delete the post when i couldnt figure it out lol. I have to remember to take it out of sport mode when i shooting video.  I was actually trying to move it slower. I only had 1 shot at getting the sunrise so i was focused on a lot at once. I figured out that the best sunrises is when theres storm clouds on the horizon so i look at future radar night b4 around the time the sun rises and this was my first time implementing that strategy and it worked out well. Still learning how to edit and all the other things that comes with it but i was pleased at this first attempt at editing and adding the music. Im on facebook restriction so i wanted to share it somewhere lol. Im gonna have to go back and reread what you wrote in the first part about URL cuz it was a little confusing 2 me. Thanks again 4 the help
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

sucks that YOU TUBE defaults to lowest quality tho. Its a lot trying to explain to friends and family how to view it in 1080 each time you click the link. Im trying to learn how to use my Google One Drive instead. I hear thats a better way.  ???  I have a lot to learn as you can tell HaHa
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

Not trying to talk this to death but i just realized theres no way to view in 1080 here. It doesnt give you the option to change it here and it Looks horrible. Now i want to delete it all and start over lol. I wouldnt even have shared it looking like that
UGGGHHH!! IM prolly gonna figure out the One Drive way and re share it just to redeem myself now Not happy at all with it showing in 144p
2020-9-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-21 20:12
Not trying to talk this to death but i just realized theres no way to view in 1080 here. It doesnt give you the option to change it here and it Looks horrible. Now i want to delete it all and start over lol. I wouldnt even have shared it looking like that
UGGGHHH!! IM prolly gonna figure out the One Drive way and re share it just to redeem myself now Not happy at all with it showing in 144p

I'm managing to watch it in 1080 here in the UK. Are you sure it's not a bandwidth problem at your end?  I know that, when I'm at home in France the internet bandwidth in our little village is awful, and I often get YT viewings in the lowest resolution, or even freezes at times.  Here in the UK the bandwidth is decent and 1080 is no problem.
2020-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video.
I personally would cut it to about 2-3 minutes. That is usually more than enough to show what you want to show.
Even though the views are great, it gets boring quite quickly for viewers.
2020-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-21 21:20
I'm managing to watch it in 1080 here in the UK. Are you sure it's not a bandwidth problem at your end?  I know that, when I'm at home in France the internet bandwidth in our little village is awful, and I often get YT viewings in the lowest resolution, or even freezes at times.  Here in the UK the bandwidth is decent and 1080 is no problem.

You are prolly right. I didnt know your bandwidth was what determined it. Again, ive got a lot to learn. But im learning a lot very quickly thanks to peoples comments here and other places. Thanks for schooling me on that one. That makes much more sense now. Where i live my only option is  Satellite internet, slow as hell. Glad you commented thanks
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 9-22 00:16
Nice video.
I personally would cut it to about 2-3 minutes. That is usually more than enough to show what you want to show.
Even though the views are great, it gets boring quite quickly for viewers.

noted. Was just hard to cut it when the colors changed a lil everytime I came back around. Never seen green in a sunrise before. But like i said noted. These are things i need to hear tho. Thanks for your comment
2020-9-22
Use props
Masterkint
lvl.1

Netherlands

Really cool colors and amazing for the night part.
2020-9-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-22 02:13
You are prolly right. I didnt know your bandwidth was what determined it. Again, ive got a lot to learn. But im learning a lot very quickly thanks to peoples comments here and other places. Thanks for schooling me on that one. That makes much more sense now. Where i live my only option is  Satellite internet, slow as hell. Glad you commented thanks

That might ruin your viewing pleasure. Best thing would be to select 1080 from the bottom right of the YT screen, then accept that the video will freeze and slowly download. Hit pause then go away and have a coffee. The come back and hit start when you see the download has finished (white bar at bottom of screen) and you'll be able to view it in 1080.  It sucks to have to do it that way but it's better than watching it at inferior resolution.
2020-9-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-22 02:19
noted. Was just hard to cut it when the colors changed a lil everytime I came back around. Never seen green in a sunrise before. But like i said noted. These are things i need to hear tho. Thanks for your comment

I agree with Monty about the length of the video. 11 minutes is way beyond the attention span of most viewers. 2 -3 minutes should be enough if you pare it down to the killer shots.  I'm guilty of long videos too at times, I must admit. It's hard to be drastic with footage you've worked hard to get
2020-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-22 02:19

I know. The hardest part is actually choosing the scenes you are keeping.
But in general, watching a drone movie is rather boring after some minutes.
Usually the pros only use drone footage for establishing shots and not for a lot more.
They are amazing, but more or less the same for a viewer.
So just choose some shots that are really adding to your story and cut them to a 2-3 minute edit and you are usually good to go.
Unless there is a special story that is super interesting for your viewers and you need more time to tell it.
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

I appoligize if I replied to the wrong person under the wrong comment. Never had a discussion with multiple people in a forum b4. I seem to be learning a lot of new things here recently
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 9-22 00:16
PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl

Im new to all this the past couple years so sorry if im not yet familiar with the You Tube subscribing part. Im not sure what that accomplishes yet, i mean i guess if someone gets hundred thousand subscribers and followers i guess you could make money on it is the only thing i can think of. I just use uoload videoes to YOU TUBE so i can share with family and friends with decent quality. But i try to remember to subscribe back. Sometimes i get caught up in learning and replying and forgot tho
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

Masterkint Posted at 9-22 02:27
Really cool colors and amazing for the night part.

Thanks, i was pleased with it being my first posted video i put any effort into. Yall prolly creating a monster
2020-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-22 03:40
I appoligize if I replied to the wrong person under the wrong comment. Never had a discussion with multiple people in a forum b4. I seem to be learning a lot of new things here recently

No problem at all!
2020-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-22 03:52
Im new to all this the past couple years so sorry if im not yet familiar with the You Tube subscribing part. Im not sure what that accomplishes yet, i mean i guess if someone gets hundred thousand subscribers and followers i guess you could make money on it is the only thing i can think of. I just use uoload videoes to YOU TUBE so i can share with family and friends with decent quality. But i try to remember to subscribe back. Sometimes i get caught up in learning and replying and forgot tho

It is just something to show your appreciation for somebody and help them grow a subscribers base.
In the long run you 'might' end up making money with it.
But I don't expect a lot from that.
It is just a hobby for me.
Having said that, it would be nice if you would sub back.
I'm trying to get to 1000 subscribers on my tricks and tips channel to be able to start monetizing.
It will give a little bit of revenue (not much, maybe like € 5,- per month, but still adds up in the long run )
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-22 02:30
That might ruin your viewing pleasure. Best thing would be to select 1080 from the bottom right of the YT screen, then accept that the video will freeze and slowly download. Hit pause then go away and have a coffee. The come back and hit start when you see the download has finished (white bar at bottom of screen) and you'll be able to view it in 1080.  It sucks to have to do it that way but it's better than watching it at inferior resolution.

Thats exactly what i been doing. And i agree completly, i wont even watch it all blurry even if its something im interested in seeing. Like you said it gets a bit aggravating at times when my speeds are super slow in the evening but im still learning so sometimes slow isnt so bad, i get to rest the beain for a minute lol. Im moving to a neighborhood that has fiber optics in ground in about 6 weeks so i just gotta tuff it out a lil longer. Try not to complain about things and just use the agrevations as push to better things
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-22 02:36
I agree with Monty about the length of the video. 11 minutes is way beyond the attention span of most viewers. 2 -3 minutes should be enough if you pare it down to the killer shots.  I'm guilty of long videos too at times, I must admit. It's hard to be drastic with footage you've worked hard to get
Yeah i honesty didn't think id be sharring anywhere or with anyone other than friends and family that better watch it all lol. It just turned out better than i thought it would so i wasnt to embarrassed to share it with strangers and more Competent people. Lesson learned. One of many i might add haha. Thanks for your feedback
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 9-22 02:40
I know. The hardest part is actually choosing the scenes you are keeping.
But in general, watching a drone movie is rather boring after some minutes.
Usually the pros only use drone footage for establishing shots and not for a lot more.

They were even more boring long and without music
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 9-22 04:08
It is just something to show your appreciation for somebody and help them grow a subscribers base.
In the long run you 'might' end up making money with it.
But I don't expect a lot from that.

Will do my brother. If i can remember how
2020-9-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-22 04:21
Yeah i honesty didn't think id be sharring anywhere or with anyone other than friends and family that better watch it all lol. It just turned out better than i thought it would so i wasnt to embarrassed to share it with strangers and more Competent people. Lesson learned. One of many i might add haha. Thanks for your feedback

You're welcome. That's what the forum is all about. Sharing work and ideas.  Enjoy
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

I did my best replying to everyone but im not seeing some of my replies so I'm thinking I forgot to hit share when I was done lol  so if you commented and you dont see a reply my bad but im certain I replied to everyone at least once. Well I put in the effort anyway. I've litterally been typing for like 2 hours  i need a break. Im thinking if I re reply it'll be a duplicate so once my brain collects and regroups some of the cells that's loose at this point I'll come back. Plus I've gotta subscribe to a someone's You Tube also. So I gotta back track to find him still  lol  thanks for all the help tho, much appreciated and needed to say the least
2020-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-22 04:45
Will do my brother. If i can remember how

Just click on the links below. (one at a time)
Make sure you are logged in.
And hit 'subscribe'.

http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
2020-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-22 04:34
They were even more boring long and without music

Very true.
2020-9-22
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-21 20:12
UGGGHHH!! IM prolly gonna figure out the One Drive way and re share it just to redeem myself now Not happy at all with it showing in 144p

Yea. Defaults to 320p for me. I maximize it on my 1080p display and switch it to 1080p.
2020-9-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool night flight
2020-9-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful colours,  but I agree its a little long.
2020-9-23
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-23 01:18
Beautiful colours,  but I agree its a little long.

I counted 10+ individual colors....
Black,Grey,Purple,Blue,Red,Orange,Pink,Green,yellow, white and most of those have different shades. And the first time ive ever seen green in a sunrise i watched live
2020-9-23
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

A J Posted at 9-22 12:42
Very cool night flight

I got there with an to spare so i flew out 3 batteries along the the lit baordwalk and some comming in at an angle with pitch blackness filling the lft screen and the bright city light and hotels on the right
2020-9-23
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
United States

A J Posted at 9-22 12:42
Very cool night flight
I got there with an hour to spare so i flew out 3 batteries along the lit baordwalk and some comming in at an angle with pitch blackness filling the lft screen and the bright city light and hotels on the right
2020-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-23 04:26
I got there with an hour to spare so i flew out 3 batteries along the lit baordwalk and some comming in at an angle with pitch blackness filling the lft screen and the bright city light and hotels on the right

Impressive results too
2020-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_g2VkrietJXul Posted at 9-23 04:26
I got there with an hour to spare so i flew out 3 batteries along the lit baordwalk and some comming in at an angle with pitch blackness filling the lft screen and the bright city light and hotels on the right

2020-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules