Find my drone time
1064 10 2020-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

If the mini goes down from low battery any idea how long the battery will last for find my drone and using the using flash and beep when getting to the ares.Do we have any time when battery gets close to zero or just above.
I haven't had that happen but I was just wondering.
Doug.

2020-9-24
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

If it lands because of low battery, I doubt it would blink and beep very long - never tried it...
2020-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Doug. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. The DJI Find My Drone feature shows the location of your DJI Mavic Mini at the last point it had contact with the DJI Fly application. So if your Mini goes down while connected it will lead you right to the said drone's location. In addition, The DJI Find My Drone works as long as you have connection to the drone and it still has power. Thank you.
2020-9-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

As a test, I left one of my Minis powered (not running) until the FULLY CHARGED battery died. Took 3 hours.
2020-9-24
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-24 20:26
As a test, I left one of my Minis powered (not running) until the FULLY CHARGED battery died. Took 3 hours.

Ok thanks. I’m sure many have wondered the same and will appreciate your answer.
I’m surprised it was only three hours without the motors running but I believe you.
So I’m guessing if lost at a low battery then we only have minutes to get to,it.

At least we still have the last known gps location on the map.
Again thank you.
Doug
2020-9-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Donut Posted at 9-24 20:40
Ok thanks. I’m sure many have wondered the same and will appreciate your answer.
I’m surprised it was only three hours without the motors running but I believe you.
So I’m guessing if lost at a low battery then we only have minutes to get to,it.

"At least we still have the last known gps location on the map."

As long as it did not fly out of range, then the last position is of no use at all. Once it gets out of range out the transmitter, the last known GPS reading is useless.
2020-9-24
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

As a test, I left one of my Minis powered (not running) until the FULLY CHARGED battery died. Took 3 hours.

Be careful, if left on the floor too long, it will overheat, as it doesnt have a cooling fan.
2020-9-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

amir_KING Posted at 9-28 06:34
Be careful, if left on the floor too long, it will overheat, as it doesnt have a cooling fan.

As I have said many times before, I use this simple "stand" for my drones:

2020-9-28
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-28 09:51
As I have said many times before, I use this simple "stand" for my drones:
[view_image]

Oh, sorry. Then youre safe!!
2020-9-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Thank you.
Very important information.
Have good flights.
2020-10-4
Use props
Dangerous one
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147034 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting and informative thanks ps I liked the stand idea
2020-10-4
Use props