Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller last firmware update steps to follow
12Next >
9769 50 2020-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeuS-FL
Captain
Flight distance : 5782044 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those who are having issues with the update, this solution is working for eveybody tried. I took me 2 hours to find out the processMake sure you have at least 50% battery

1- Reset the smart controller erasing all data
2- Do not connect it to WiFi
3- Go to settings, Display , Sleep and change to NEVER
4- Download the DJI Assistance 2 for Mavic here is the link. https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic?pbc=mF6h4ZTt
5- First open the DJI Assistance and then plug the USB C cable to the smart controller ON.
6- When the control ask for the USB configuration select CHARGING
7- Start the update to the last firmware.
8- The update will have 3 steps: Download, Transfer and Install the update. When installing will hangfor few minutes in 16% and 98% (is normal, just wait)
9- If everything goes fine at 98% the controller will reboot by it self and once boot you will see a DJI logo with a progress bar installing. Will reboot 3 times installing this update. This will take few minutes.
10- Once the controller boot again you should be ready to start Pairing the drone.
11- To pair the drone, go to Settings, Aircraft Management and Add the new drone
12- when the wizard indicate and stat beeping to pair the aircraft with the Mavic Air 2 on hold the power bottom for 4 seconds and will start paring.
13- this should complete the process.

Note: if you turn on the WIFI for any reason, the firmware will try to download automatically and will fill the memory and you will have the memory full error. You will have to Reset to factory and try again.

2020-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-25
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Good job
2020-9-26
Use props
Dronie2
Captain
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Great and thanks for sharing.
2020-9-26
Use props
jmb63
Captain
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank You for breaking it down
2020-9-26
Use props
mike.hillmac.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7709134 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thank you - I had been having a very bad time trying to use wifi..  Your solution worked a treat
2020-9-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I am glad work for you guys !!!
2020-9-26
Use props
fans6027ac3a
New

United States

Thank you it finally worked after 2 tries. Quick question I have been really frustrated with the controller since acquiring it on September 12 as it keeps on giving me a NFZ cannot take off although I'm not in an NFZ zone. What can I do to fix that, especially my regular controller is working well. I'm flying the MP2
2020-9-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans6027ac3a Posted at 9-26 10:35
Thank you it finally worked after 2 tries. Quick question I have been really frustrated with the controller since acquiring it on September 12 as it keeps on giving me a NFZ cannot take off although I'm not in an NFZ zone. What can I do to fix that, especially my regular controller is working well. I'm flying the MP2

At that point is my understanding will be contact DJI for assistance.
Have you try with another software like Litchi or Dronelink insted the DJI 4 Go ?

Make sure your DJI 4G has the last version. You should have it with the new firmware.
2020-9-26
Use props
peter_mars
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30722 ft

Austria

I tried steps above, but SC stated low on memory , while submitting the software after app. 60 % the SC shut down and submitting fails. internal memory 9,x GB used from system, out of 11,x GB , this is amazing, anybody an idea how to solve this issue ? Thanks Peter
2020-9-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

peter_mars Posted at 9-26 13:24
I tried steps above, but SC stated low on memory , while submitting the software after app. 60 % the SC shut down and submitting fails. internal memory 108 GB used from system, this is amazing, anybody an idea how to solve this issue ? Thanks Peter

Remove the SD card and start over. When you Reset to factory settings you should have sufficient space to follow the steps. Do not connect the smart controller to the WiFi after reset to factory.
2020-9-26
Use props
peter_mars
lvl.1

Austria

I did as you wrote, SD card out, factory settings , wifi off, connected to WIN 10 computer via USB , upgrade , after app. 65 % submitting, SC piep, piep, piep .... shut down, and transmitting failed .
I'm desparated, did it now 5 times I think , thanks for your support.
2020-9-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

peter_mars Posted at 9-26 13:55
I did as you wrote, SD card out, factory settings , wifi off, connected to WIN 10 computer via USB , upgrade , after app. 65 % submitting, SC piep, piep, piep .... shut down, and transmitting failed .
I'm desparated, did it now 5 times I think , thanks for your support.

Are you changing the Display Sleep mode to Never?
Do you have at least 50% battery charged?
2020-9-26
Use props
peter_mars
lvl.1

Austria

thanks again, looks better now
2020-9-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I am glad works for you !!
2020-9-27
Use props
Coojeebear
Second Officer
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

Is there a way to backup the settings before reset?
2020-9-27
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

What kind of settings you need to backup ?
2020-9-27
Use props
peter_mars
lvl.1

Austria

thanks again, everything works fine now.
2020-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ZeuS-FL. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this detailed information on how to update the firmware of the DJI Smart Controller. Great work and thank you for your support.
2020-9-27
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Its my pleasure !!
2020-9-27
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

If this solution is working for everybody tried, should be in the sticky top area to avoid people keep creating multiples thread for the same issue.
2020-9-29
Use props
toevacationme.com
lvl.1
United States

I simply restarted the controller at 16% and again at 98%

It then says it successfully updated....weird as usual...DJI
2020-9-30
Use props
fakeusername
New

United States

What an easy and user-friendly upgrade process!  10/10
2020-11-19
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank you !!
2020-11-19
Use props
Snobyrd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123497 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thank you!
2021-2-25
Use props
florida_flyer
New

United States

Hey all,

Stumbled on this thread this morning while fruitlessly trying to get my smart controller up to 01.01.0040 - over, and over, and over.  I followed the steps in the original post and kept running into a condition where it would download to 99% and freeze, or (much less often) immediately say "upload failed."  I'd already done the reset, twice, and it still wouldn't take the update.  

So finally from sheer frustration I connected to wifi on the controller and attempted an upgrade - it kicked me to the DJI login, and after I authenticated, it identified the 01.01.0040 update.  I went ahead with the wifi-based update and it was successful (with the same hangs at 16% and 98%, fwiw.)  Hope this helps somebody else... though it does seem every time I update this thing, I have to follow a different process.  It's weird too, because the Mavic Assistant handles the drones themselves just fine!  
2021-5-14
Use props
RFMud
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the informative post.  I keep getting "Network Error Please Retry"  When attempting to connect the device in Assistant 2 for Mavic.  Any thoughts on remedy for this problem?
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_XsMX2bjJGZvg
New
United States

It's crazy that this firmware updating (stuck at 99%) is still unfixed after so many months (if not years, from what I've seen when I searched this issue).  Your procedure worked for me so thanks!
2021-5-27
Use props
Mavic 2 Raptor
First Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is excellent information....I realize this is an old thread, but this just helped me with my issue.  The biggest problem I was having is that my controller was shutting off and I didn't realize it...so when it got to the point to actually install the firmware, it was OFF and caused an issue.

So, to me, the biggest item in the procedure above that fixed my issue was:
3- Go to settings, Display , Sleep and change to NEVER

You never want the controller to go to sleep during the upgrade process....my internet is OK, but not the fastest and it was taking a long time to actually download the firmware before it even attempted to update the controller and the controller was going to sleep on me during this long download waiting period.

Props for posting these instructions!  
2021-6-22
Use props
djiuser_NlL3Nz6v7tos
New

United States

We tried doing this exact steps and are getting error code 200. We have a shoot starting on Sunday! Please help!!!
2021-6-25
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Sounds great, guess to use it for the Mini2 you would just have to choose it before starting this procedure?
2022-6-16
Use props
Roety
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38579 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been trying to update an RM500 for days now,  always gets stuck at 15% updating and fails, tried both wifi and DJI assistant consumer and mavic versions.  This happened after I binded the remote with my air 2s.  then when trying to bind back to my Mavic 2 Pro.  it won't work, won't beep, won't bind, firmware won't update.  Can not select a drone in the connect screen,  but can enter the DJOgo4 app or DLYFly apps.   no beeping when I click link in DJIGO4.  
Remote version trying to update to V01.01.0072
says remote firmware version 00.00.0000  in DJIgo4  , djigo4 app version 4.3.38  (how do I get the app to update)   
it updated in DJIfly and says 01.01.0064 on the app
2023-4-22
Use props
LeeG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169281 ft
United States

Mavic 2 Raptor Posted at 2021-6-22 13:39
This is excellent information....I realize this is an old thread, but this just helped me with my issue.  The biggest problem I was having is that my controller was shutting off and I didn't realize it...so when it got to the point to actually install the firmware, it was OFF and caused an issue.

So, to me, the biggest item in the procedure above that fixed my issue was:

Mine does not have a NEVER option. Best I could do was to bump it up to 30 minutes. Did I miss something?
2023-6-9
Use props
djiuser_dOWzAgogS9RK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 948 ft

Indonesia

Roety Posted at 2023-4-22 13:13
Been trying to update an RM500 for days now,  always gets stuck at 15% updating and fails, tried both wifi and DJI assistant consumer and mavic versions.  This happened after I binded the remote with my air 2s.  then when trying to bind back to my Mavic 2 Pro.  it won't work, won't beep, won't bind, firmware won't update.  Can not select a drone in the connect screen,  but can enter the DJOgo4 app or DLYFly apps.   no beeping when I click link in DJIGO4.  
Remote version trying to update to V01.01.0072
says remote firmware version 00.00.0000  in DJIgo4  , djigo4 app version 4.3.38  (how do I get the app to update)   

Have you solved the problem? I also have the same issue.
1-12 05:12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_dOWzAgogS9RK Posted at 1-12 05:12
Have you solved the problem? I also have the same issue.

Hello, there. Sorry for the trouble that it caused you. May I confirm if you encounter any error messages during the update? Have you tried to download the DJI Assistant 2 as another option to update the firmware? You may download the latest version via this link. I hope to hear from you soon.
1-13 02:37
Use props
djiuser_dOWzAgogS9RK
lvl.3

Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-13 02:37
Hello, there. Sorry for the trouble that it caused you. May I confirm if you encounter any error messages during the update? Have you tried to download the DJI Assistant 2 as another option to update the firmware? You may download the latest version via this link. I hope to hear from you soon.

I have tried using both DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and DJI Assistant 2 Consumer, but the update is still stuck at 15%, with error message 0X002.
Then, the second issue is that the remote cannot link. When I press the C1 + C2 + Record buttons, it only makes a beeping sound. I also tried adding the aircraft from the settings, but there was no response.
1-14 06:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_dOWzAgogS9RK Posted at 1-14 06:22
I have tried using both DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and DJI Assistant 2 Consumer, but the update is still stuck at 15%, with error message 0X002.
Then, the second issue is that the remote cannot link. When I press the C1 + C2 + Record buttons, it only makes a beeping sound. I also tried adding the aircraft from the settings, but there was no response.

Hi. Thanks for the prompt response. May I confirm where you encountered this error code? Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of this code? Also, the linking process may fail due to inconsistent firmware versions between the DJI Smart controller and the aircraft.
1-15 02:19
Use props
djiuser_dOWzAgogS9RK
lvl.3

Indonesia

Sure, here is the screenshot. As for the linking issue, I apologize for the confusion. The beeping sound only occurs when I press C1 + C2 + Record, and it stops when I release those buttons. In the aircraft management, when I add and then select the aircraft, there is no response, which should switch to linking mode.
IMG-20240116-WA0000.jpg
1-15 09:20
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Some information I want to share about the upgrade progress and why happens.
1- The reason why you need to reset to default setting erasing everything before upgrade is because the internale memory or storage that the Smart Controller has is very poor specially after has the operating system installed. There are not too much space left for cache or upgrades.
2- the reason why you can not connect the controller to the WiFi during the process is because the controller will try to download the new update leaving the limited space on the storage even worse. In other words will fill out the almost empty space you need to the upgrade proceed. In order to install updates or upgrade free space is needed to be use as cache or temporary files and if this heppens will be no space to installing and will fail the upgrade.
3- the reason why is important change the display behivor from sleep to NEVER is becuase duting the installation process if the display goes to sleep will interrup the installation and will fail.

DJI should fix at least the display problem, that is not that complicated. The free space is a shame not giving a larger storage knowing the space will be very limited with the operating system installed. How much will cost for DJI? $10 extra?? pass the bill to the client and give us an usefull product.

4- make sure you have a good USB-C cable e-mark or at least PD100W (10GBs) reliable not a cheap USB-C cable. This is important. Get a good quality cable (smart cable) like https://www.amazon.com/Anker-2-P ... sung/dp/B09LCJPZ1P/ you can select what ever you want as loong as is e-mark PD 3.0 or 3.1 to make sure you will not have cable problems.

5- Make sure you have more than 60% battery left before start the upgrade.
1-15 12:24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules