2430 15 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pardalouco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 626339 ft
Spain

Hi there!

Bought an MA2 less than a month ago. Did 2 short flights. Had the drone stored for a week and now when I try to turn it on it does not go out of the start-up mode (rear lights flashing red, yellow and green). It does not recognize the RC. When I try to connect it to the PC it boots, but then if it is like I unplugged the USB cable... and it keeps on doing this... tried different cables.

Any ideas besides sending the drone back and most likely ask for my money back?
2020-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pardalouco. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air 2 to see if the issue will still persist and can you also please post a sample video of the said issue for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.
2020-9-27
Use props
Pardalouco
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-27 22:59
Hello there Pardalouco. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air 2 to see if the issue will still persist and can you also please post a sample video of the said issue for us to see and assist you further? Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.

How can I refresh the firmware if the drone "does not see" the RC and when I plug to the PC via USB it keeps on "plugging/unplugging" on its own? It is an unbelievable design flaw not to have a "factory reset" on the drone itself.

I will do a video of what's going on. Thank you again.
2020-9-28
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pardalouco Posted at 9-28 02:04
Thank you for the reply.

How can I refresh the firmware if the drone "does not see" the RC and when I plug to the PC via USB it keeps on "plugging/unplugging" on its own? It is an unbelievable design flaw not to have a "factory reset" on the drone itself.

Have you installed the right version of DJI Assistant 2

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... or+Mavic+2.0.14.exe

Try re-running the driver installation, you can see the file path at the top of the image below.
Pick the one for your windows version 32bit or 64bit

DJI Assistant 2 driver batch file - Copy small.JPG
2020-9-28
Use props
Pardalouco
lvl.1
Spain

lannes Posted at 9-28 02:25
Have you installed the right version of DJI Assistant 2

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... or+Mavic+2.0.14.exe
[Image]

Did it already, and yes, is the correct version. The drone is stuck in "start up" mode and i can't access it to refresh the firmware... less than a month of use... what a crap.
2020-9-28
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pardalouco Posted at 9-28 04:27
Did it already, and yes, is the correct version. The drone is stuck in "start up" mode and i can't access it to refresh the firmware... less than a month of use... what a crap.
Have you tried do a firmware upgrade from within DJI Fly ?

Otherwise it's  probably "bricked" , best return it to DJI for repair
2020-9-28
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Pardalouco Posted at 9-28 04:27

... sometimes it takes me longer for the DJI Assistant 2 to recognize the connection to the MA2 ...
It may also help to remove and reinstall this assistant ...
2020-9-29
Use props
Pardalouco
lvl.1
Spain

lannes Posted at 9-28 18:26
Have you tried do a firmware upgrade from within DJI Fly ?

Otherwise it's  probably "bricked" , best return it to DJI for repair

Like I said, when I connect the drone to the PC via USB it connects and disconnects on its own and so I can't refresh the firmware.

I guess it is bricked... my only doubt is if just should ask for my money back or to repair... it is still inside the "one month period" that the store has to honour in case of a malfunction.
I'm scared with all the people complaining about similar issues.

Thank you for your reply, by the way.
2020-9-29
Use props
Pardalouco
lvl.1
Spain

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 12:53
... sometimes it takes me longer for the DJI Assistant 2 to recognize the connection to the MA2 ...
It may also help to remove and reinstall this assistant ...

I did it 69 times... I guess I will try it once more before I return it to the store. An issue like this when the drone has only a month and did only 700 feet of flying... for me is enough,
2020-9-29
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

This is a longshot, but I didn't see it mentioned....  Have you tried a different battery?
2020-9-29
Use props
Pardalouco
lvl.1
Spain

Scott108 Posted at 9-29 14:04
This is a longshot, but I didn't see it mentioned....  Have you tried a different battery?

Yup... all 3 of them... and nothing!
2020-9-29
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Very strange.

You turn it on by pressing the button, then pressing and holding. Does the gimbal look all around and up and down?

(Face it, I'm probably not going to figure it out here.)
2020-9-29
Use props
Pardalouco
lvl.1
Spain

Tentoes Posted at 9-29 16:40
Very strange.

You turn it on by pressing the button, then pressing and holding. Does the gimbal look all around and up and down?

I think so...
2020-9-29
Use props
Taha Rasheed
lvl.1
Tanzania

Hello, im having the same issue has anyone rectified yet?
2022-1-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

try removing the mSD card from the drone. A corrupt or perhaps unwelcome file on it can screw up the drone's boot. I had this happen with a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom.
2022-1-11
Use props
djiuser_EG49aLKuWNVs
lvl.1

Netherlands

Well; how did it end?
2022-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules