dji Pilot app - custom camera settings for Mavic 2 zoom
4237 9 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

Hi all. Have checked a lot of posts and threds for this subject but can not find answers. I have noticed that dji pilot doesn't support Mavic 2 zoom, but still there are users that are able to use it for maping projects!? You get the m2zoom connected through controller and Pilot app and it works with all controls.
The only thing I can't figure out is the settings for the Custom Camera that you must set up for getting the correct picture quallity? If somebody has the correct settings I will be very grateful

I created a custom camera: Mavic 2 zoom and have this settings for now:
Photo size (width): 3840px
Photo size (height): 2160px

Sensor size (width): 6.17 mm
Sensor size (height): 4.55 mm

Focal length: 24 mm

Min. Interval: 2.5 s

If someone can confirm or correct me I be very happy! Think this will be good info for many users.

Gracias

2020-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you shed some light how you're getting it to connect to the DJI Pilot app?
2020-9-28
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

DAFlys Posted at 9-28 01:46
Can you shed some light how you're getting it to connect to the DJI Pilot app?

Hi DAFlys
I'm using the Smartcontroller and have installed the "SDK" version of the "DJI Pilot PE" on it. If you are using the regular controll you just install from Playstore or Appstore (I think).
Important when you start up... if the "dji Go 4" app automatically starts when you turn on the drone... close it and manually start the "Pilot" app.
On the Smartcontroller you manually start the "Pilot" app from the softwares dashboard. Do not proceed the startup buttons which will automatically start the Go 4 app.
2020-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ecuaman Posted at 9-28 04:37
Hi DAFlys
I'm using the Smartcontroller and have installed the "SDK" version of the "DJI Pilot PE" on it. If you are using the regular controll you just install from Playstore or Appstore (I think).
Important when you start up... if the "dji Go 4" app automatically starts when you turn on the drone... close it and manually start the "Pilot" app.

This must be a smart controller thing as the Pilot app under IOS says the device is not supported.
2020-9-28
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

DAFlys Posted at 9-28 05:07
This must be a smart controller thing as the Pilot app under IOS says the device is not supported.

dji Pilot app is ok for install on an android device. I tested to install on my Samsung Galaxy... no problem.
I don't know anything about IOS but is strange because apple devices alway been priorated by dji.
2020-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres an old thread for the camera setup here - https://forum.dji.com/thread-215213-1-1.html
2020-9-28
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

DAFlys Posted at 9-28 05:17
Theres an old thread for the camera setup here - https://forum.dji.com/thread-215213-1-1.html

Ok... thanks. Tried but got the message is was not correct. Miss some of the settings and unclear with some... MAybe some one can clearify:
The crop factor of an 1/2.3" sensor is 5.62.
The M2 Zoom has an 35mm equivalent focal length of 24mm zoomed all the way out. Same for the AIR.
24 / 5.62 = 4.27046263

Shall the focal lengt be 35 or 24?
Sensor width: 5.62
Sensor hight: ? or = 4.27
Min. interval: ?
2020-9-28
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

Settings that seams to be correct for the MAvic 2 Zoom. Going out tomorrow and make the first mission. Will report here how it ends up

Photo Size (Width) - 5472px
Photo Size (Height) - 3648px
Sensor Size (Width) - 28mm
Sensor Size (Height) - 28mm
Focal Length - 35mm
Min. Interval - 2.5s
2020-9-28
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.2

Ecuador

Ecuaman Posted at 9-28 16:16
Settings that seams to be correct for the MAvic 2 Zoom. Going out tomorrow and make the first mission. Will report here how it ends up

Worked perfectly
2020-9-30
Use props
Giovanni_Brazil
lvl.1

Brazil

Ecuaman Posted at 2020-9-28 16:16

Hello,

I was looking..
Max number of pixels in pictures taken from Mavic 2 Zoom is 4000 x 3000. Is this 5472x3648 correct ?
How do achieve this resolution ?

thanks,
Giovani
2021-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules