MA2 + Smart Controller: Map data included automatically?
1457 3 2020-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello MA2 + SC users,
Since the SC has no internet connection on the go (unless you connect it to a smartphone via a hotspot), I feared that you would not be able to use the map function at all ...

But that's not the case!
The complete Google Map (including SAT view) is available far from the internet!
I had read before (these were of course still the Go App users) that this was unfortunately not available ...
Can a MA2 pilot please check whether this works the same way in his country? The map data would have to have been (completely) loaded in advance, perhaps when defining the language and region ???
Not only when it comes to this map function - I am very satisfied and, of course, surprised because of the functionality of the Smart Controller in conjunction with the MA2. The very recognizable screen (I used to use a Samsung S20) and the ease of use. It's a shame that the SC wasn't included in a bundle with the MA2 .....

Frank

2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have read that if you cache the maps over WiFi at home they will save for use when you arrive at your location.
2020-9-27
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 9-27 08:44
I have read that if you cache the maps over WiFi at home they will save for use when you arrive at your location.

... I had read something like that too. "Small parts" of the map should be available ...

But, I haven't done anything like that! No matter where I move the map, I've covered everything, including the SAT view ...
That is really fantastic!
2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-27 09:25
... I had read something like that too. "Small parts" of the map should be available ...

But, I haven't done anything like that! No matter where I move the map, I've covered everything, including the SAT view ...

2020-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules