5428 15 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will  be nice if DJI create a option to update the home point (to where the controller is)  specially when the MA2 is in tracking mode.
Also create a shortcut by linking it to the Fn function button will be super usefull.
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can already update the home point to a new location in flight. It's in the safety section of the app 'update home point'. You can then set a new HP on the map to anywhere you wish. Though adding it to the function button is a great idea.
2020-9-29
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Correct but are so many steps in order to do it and when the drone is in follow me mode and you are hands off for example  you do not want to update that manually continuously.
By setting to home where the controller is will be nice or at least make a fn bottom that you can just click once and will update immediately.
I understand can be challengin because the device GPS can be very inacurate vs the drone GPS modele is super acurate. I get that point. Specially when people fly with Ipad WiFi only model that does not have GPS. I guess DJI should include a GPS module as well in the controller in the future. I belive the smart controller has one.
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZeuS-FL Posted at 9-29 02:48
Correct but are so many steps in order to do it and when the drone is in follow me mode and you are hands off for example  you do not want to update that manually continuously.
By setting to home where the controller is will be nice or at least make a fn bottom that you can just click once and will update immediately.
I understand can be challengin because the device GPS can be very inacurate vs the drone GPS modele is super acurate. I get that point. Specially when people fly with Ipad WiFi only model that does not have GPS. I guess DJI should include a GPS module as well in the controller in the future. I belive the smart controller has one.

As I said adding it to the function button will be great but despite the time consuming process to reset the home point the function to do it is already there. When you stated "will be nice if DJI create an option to update the home point" I got the impression you didn't know that you can already do it.
2020-9-29
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 9-29 02:56
As I said adding it to the function button will be great but despite the time consuming process to reset the home point the function to do it is already there. When you stated "will be nice if DJI create an option to update the home point" I got the impression you didn't know that you can already do it.

Not to return to the controller like the DJI 4 Go app was what I means. DJI Fly app lack of that feature.
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZeuS-FL Posted at 9-29 04:00
Not to return to the controller like the DJI 4 Go app was what I means. DJI Fly app lack of that feature.

Well you can set the home point where your RC is if you wish but I get what you mean
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 9-29 04:01
Well you can set the home point where your RC is if you wish but I get what you mean

I think the "hovering" option is very useful for such cases, right?
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 08:17
I think the "hovering" option is very useful for such cases, right?

For active tracking through a forest with over hanging branches setting RTH to hover would make more sense than to fly up for sure. I recall a similar debate on here about that.
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

A J Posted at 9-29 09:50
For active tracking through a forest with over hanging branches setting RTH to hover would make more sense than to fly up for sure. I recall a similar debate on here about that.

... it's good that we are in agreement!      
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 09:54
... it's good that we are in agreement!

2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Oh, I'm just seeing: 2 emoticons are enough for one post ...     
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 10:02
Oh, I'm just seeing: 2 emoticons are enough for one post ...

or one
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

... but that's no longer minimalistic!   
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 10:05
... but that's no longer minimalistic!

2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Oh! Indeed! Did DJI consider that ... ???
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-29 10:09
Oh! Indeed! Did DJI consider that ... ???

Probably - they consider most things I think
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules