i would like to buy a mavic air 2, but ...
1307 18 2020-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hat3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118720 ft
Italy

I sold the mavic mini and i would like to buy a mavic air 2, but ...

now it does not have CE certification ...
in europe does not have AirSense ...

Should I wait a few months before buying it?
Anyone have some information about CE certification?

Help me please

2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EASA rules are yet to come into effect and have been postponed on numerous occasions. The latest update confirmed 31 Dec 2020 and even that may change. CE certification is not just based on weight but also includes impact testing, the need for the drone to have remote ID fully installed as standard, a switch to immediately reduce the speed to 5MPH and the drone must not be able to exceed 42.5MPH. EASA have advised that no existing drone models can be retrospectively certified. This means that the MA2 will never have CE certification.

I have read that some CE models have Air Sense already but whether your drone has that or not will not be a requirement of the EASA rules anyway and whilst a nice to have, it should not be a deal breaker. Most people in the US switch it off now from what I have seen on YT as more annoying than helpful.

Without CE certification you can sit the A2 CofC test that takes one-day to pass and fly the existing MA2 in the A2 subcategory as a legacy drone in the transitional period for a further two years (more than long enough before an upgrade). However, even in the A3 subcategory of the open category (which will not require further tests) you can still fly the MA2 in line with existing laws - only no closer than 50m from people not in your control in any direction.

Bottom line is that I wouldn't worry about it and buy the MA2 now. I've been flying it since it hit the market in May and it has become my favourite drone out of the 12 I have owned.
2020-9-29
Use props
Hat3
lvl.1
Italy

A J Posted at 9-29 11:50
EASA rules are yet to come into effect and have been postponed on numerous occasions. The latest update confirmed 31 Dec 2020 and even that may change. CE certification is not just based on weight but also includes impact testing, the need for the drone to have remote ID fully installed as standard, a switch to immediately reduce the speed to 5MPH and the drone must not be able to exceed 42.5MPH. EASA have advised that no existing drone models can be retrospectively certified. This means that the MA2 will never have CE certification.

I have read that some CE models have Air Sense already but whether your drone has that or not will not be a requirement of the EASA rules anyway and whilst a nice to have, it should not be a deal breaker. Most people in the US switch it off now from what I have seen on YT as more annoying than helpful.

Thank for your complete answer!

I looking for a drone can fly in A1C1 with sensor and active track...

Im waiting for a new MA...
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hat3 Posted at 9-29 12:14
Thank for your complete answer!

I looking for a drone can fly in A1C1 with sensor and active track...

At present there are no CE certified drones at all. The next release will more than likely be the Mavic 3 Pro which may have C2 CE certification but in regards to the Mavic Air 3 you may be waiting literally years mate.
2020-9-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If I can put in my 2p worth. You could wait a long time for the new legislation to come into effect and then buy a compliant drone, only to find that the authorities will subsequently tighten the regs still further on some pretext or other - as they have been doing for years.  Don't sit on the fence. Go out and enjoy the hobby while you still can.
2020-9-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 9-29 12:27
If I can put in my 2p worth. You could wait a long time for the new legislation to come into effect and then buy a compliant drone, only to find that the authorities will subsequently tighten the regs still further on some pretext or other - as they have been doing for years.  Don't sit on the fence. Go out and enjoy the hobby while you still can.

Exactly - waiting for the EU to certify a DJI drone not even announced is going to be one very long wait!
2020-9-30
Use props
Hat3
lvl.1
Italy

Yes you are right... but I have read that there may be the possibility for DJI to replace the MA2 with a CE certified version, in your opinion is it right or fake?
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hat3 Posted at 9-30 04:42
Yes you are right... but I have read that there may be the possibility for DJI to replace the MA2 with a CE certified version, in your opinion is it right or fake?

They would have to cease production of the current model and upgrade the hardware before gaining CE certification (which is not even finalised by the EASA yet). That will mean grinding their entire production line to a halt and why only the Mavic Air 2 and not the other models still in production? "May be the possibility" implies merely a rumour from someone hopeful and using it as an excuse not to get their wallet out now. So no, it is clearly false as the person is obviously guessing and anyone who actually, genuinely knows would never say anyway through fear of being sued, fired or both...

2020-9-30
Use props
Hat3
lvl.1
Italy

You are right

I will be waiting for an opportunity on a**n

Thank you everyone for now
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hat3 Posted at 9-30 05:24
You are right

I will be waiting for an opportunity on a**n

All of the other drone manufactures need to get geo fencing installed before they even look at the other specifications. A lot of competitors are presently enjoying the increase in sales by not offering restricted geo but those customers will not be happy as their drones will be pushed to A3 - no matter what - or even banned!
2020-9-30
Use props
Hat3
lvl.1
Italy

Im waiting a good offer for the MA2 not on other drones
2020-9-30
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hat3 Posted at 9-30 07:19
Im waiting a good offer for the MA2 not on other drones

What do you mean by a 'good offer'?
2020-10-2
Use props
Hat3
lvl.1
Italy

A J Posted at 10-2 05:55
What do you mean by a 'good offer'?

A little discount
2020-10-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hat3 Posted at 10-2 06:12
A little discount

Ah, I see - may be a while as still their latest consumer drone.
2020-10-2
Use props
Hat3
lvl.1
Italy

A J Posted at 10-2 06:25
Ah, I see - may be a while as still their latest consumer drone.

Yes you are right, but now there are several occasions, prime day, black friday, black monday, christmas ... I'm confident, i can wait some times
2020-10-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hat3 Posted at 10-2 06:42
Yes you are right, but now there are several occasions, prime day, black friday, black monday, christmas ... I'm confident

You'll need to look around for some deals - the retail price of the Mavic 2 Pro, for example, has not changed since it's release in August 2018 on the DJI store and I can't see them reducing the price the MA2 for a long time. However, some authorised dealers may offer small discounts so good hunting.
2020-10-2
Use props
Hat3
lvl.1
Italy

Yes, the price almost never changes on the official DJI store
2020-10-2
Use props
Hat3
lvl.1
Italy

Buyed it! it's wonderful respect at mavic mini, more stable, it transmit more safety.

Now i'm waiting a good news from dji about certification for CE mark..

Suggestion, is bettert remove the propellers before put mavic inside it's bag?

2020-12-7
Use props
-Lucifer-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1307795 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Order one from USA or Canada.  Then your problem is solved.
2020-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules