my p3 arrived. 3 questions. thanks for helping.
1419 14 2015-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tavtx
New

United States

just recieved my pro p3.

all batteries are charged. ready to go!

2 questions - mine did not come with a mobile cord. tablet to remote. am i supposed to use my own? ipad air 2. was there supposed to be one in the package?

question - wifi on or off on ipad air 2 during flight?

how do i check which firmware im using? im playing with the app right now and cant find that setting.

thanks.
2015-6-24
Use props
tavtx
New

United States

found the firmware. 1.1.9 bird. 1.1.2 rc.

just tried to change the max distance. i was able to set height to 500m.

it wont let me change the distance and its set at 300m. how to change?
2015-6-24
Use props
tavtx
New

United States

well, this sucks. 300m distance? i dont care about the 500m on height. but i need more than 300m for distance. help please. ready to go fly before its 100 outside.

thanks and sorry for spamming my questions. ive been waiting for this since april 19.
2015-6-24
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

tavtx Posted at 2015-6-24 23:40
found the firmware. 1.1.9 bird. 1.1.2 rc.

just tried to change the max distance. i was able to set  ...

Sounds like you're in beginner mode.

The four dots in the upper right corner, push that first, then the quad symbol in the middle left. This is where you had set your maximum height. Make sure the green highlight is off for beginner.
2015-6-24
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

>> mine did not come with a mobile cord. tablet to remote. am i supposed to use my own?

Yes. This one works well for me:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=PMVHT5RDQEEHYRQO

>>question - wifi on or off on ipad air 2 during flight?

Either is fine.

>> how do i check which firmware im using? im playing with the app right now and cant find that setting.

Check the "General Settings" --> "About" section of the DIJ Pilot application while connected to your Phantom.

>> it wont let me change the distance and its set at 300m. how to change?

Turn off beginner mode in the DJI Pilot application. You'll be able to set the distance then.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-6-24
Use props
tavtx
New

United States

okay. im there. it wont let me change the distance. max is 500m. im not in beginner mode.

image url upload
2015-6-24
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

tavtx Posted at 2015-6-25 00:07
okay. im there. it wont let me change the distance. max is 500m. im not in beginner mode.

Just deselect maximum distance then its not limited. When setting a max distance 500m is the max.
2015-6-24
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1130577 ft
Sweden

Yes, max height distance is 500m (its hard coded in the FW). But there is no horizontal max if you have not activate that.
2015-6-24
Use props
tavtx
New

United States

awesome. thanks gregg1r, Phantom Help, ecarpo. out the door for my first flight.....

have an awesome day!
2015-6-24
Use props
tavtx
New

United States

thank you to PerlanSwed.

out....
2015-6-24
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

I don't mean to be a d*@( but I think there should have been some tough love practiced here. The answer to his questions should have been "go read your manual" which clearly he has not done. Don't get me wrong I have asked my fair share of questions I could have worked harder to find on my own, but this guy needs to read his manual before he takes this thing up.
2015-6-24
Use props
tavtx
New

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-6-25 01:26
I don't mean to be a d*@( but I think there should have been some tough love practiced here. The ans ...

hey d*@)

thanks for your concern. now go f$*! yourself. tough love....

I read the manual.
2015-6-24
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Tavtx, I think jhall651 was just showing a little concern for you not smashing up your P3 on the first flight.  lets hope you don't eh
2015-6-24
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2015-6-25 02:13
Tavtx, I think jhall651 was just showing a little concern for you not smashing up your P3 on the fir ...

Don't even try Sinbad_UK. I was assuming it was a kid by all his posts asking questions the manual would easily give you, and now that I have seen his reply I obviously assumed correctly. Only a kid would throw a tantrum and not see a honest comment as help when it's difficult or not fun.  I'm sure that drone will be crashed before you know it.
2015-6-24
Use props
QuadKoppta
lvl.1

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-6-25 09:04
Don't even try Sinbad_UK. I was assuming it was a kid by all his posts asking questions the manual  ...

I am sorry for everyone here that was trying to help and has to read comments like that.  I too was reading all of the questions which clearly indicated a beginner (At least with this unit) and yet he wants to max out distance.  Oh well, it probably won't be long before he is separated from his P3.  All the best everyone.
2015-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules