Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
weird... the post about "black screen on mobile" disappeared
123Next >
30804 86 2014-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
verdekiwi
New

United Arab Emirates

hi there.

yes i have the problem that the screen on my mobile is black.

yes the camera is working. it take picture and videos.
yes i tried all the system mentioned in all the other forums.

and yes, of course, no solution yet, dji doesnt answer.

curious thing. there was a thread talking about that... and now it's disappeared! in my personal menu it's written i posted nothing yet.

DJI is seriously deliting all the thread about this problem?!?

2014-11-21
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well if you want a solution from us you need to give more information.
Phantom model ?
Phone make and model, operating system version, DJI app version ?
Phantom firmware ?
Mobile data turned off on phone ?

Describe exactly what you are doing when connecting to the phantom Wi-Fi.
A screen shot of the phone screen will help.

But ultimately if you have "tried all the system mentioned in all the other forums" and its still not working then you should send the phantom in for repair or just replace the phantom Wi-Fi module.
2014-11-21
Use props
well69
New

United States

Vision 2 +
Latest firmware available on everything (including camera)

Same issue.  It'll take photos and videos - but the screen on my phone is black.  I've turned mobile data off - wifi only on my phone.  I've had the transponder replaced.  Still no joy.  There's a serious software glitch and according to other forums this is a common problem.  

Please help DJI!!!
2014-11-21
Use props
verdekiwi
New

United Arab Emirates

ok.

phantom 2 vision (updated firmware + updated camera firmware)
iphone 5 with iOS7
app v. 1.0.43

procedure:
turn off mobile, except for wifi (airplane mode)
turn on the control
turn on the wifi extender
turn on phantom
connect to phantom wifi.

at this point the mobile connects to phantom, but shows only data and album, but not the live feed (FPV).

example: i can see battery status, altitude, location on ground station, etc; but the life feed is black, showing the grey spinning bars.

if i take a picture or a video, it will properly shoot. i can go to the album and see the recently done pics.

this sound crazy, but the only way i can fly is thanks to the ground station mode or taking take a blind picture, go to album, check where i am, go back to camera, move, take another picture, go back to album, check where i am.....
I can do this procedure while flying.

some more information.
- i notice a loss of signal while flying far than 300m - no obstacle in between.
- in presence of busy wifi zone (residential area, mall) the wifi doesn't even show on the wifi list.

in many forum people had this problem updating the app. I was flying in may and everything was fine, I took some ride in these days and there is no way to see the live feed.

still... there was a thread discussing about this. why that is suddenly disappeared?
2014-11-21
Use props
leeblynch
lvl.1
United States

I have a brand new Phantom 2 Vision + V3.0.  the day I received it I got the black screen of death on the Ground Station App.  Nothing I tried helped.  I emailed DJI Support and on Monday they asked me to call to set up a RMA for repair.  Awesome Customer Service but it Sucks that I'm having send it in for repairs Already.  I had a Vision, performed the Firmware update and lost my gimball, it died on me.  DJI refunded my purchase (I chose that option) and I bought the  Plus V3.0 since I figured all the horrible GLITCHES these things are coming up with would be worked out of it.  I have had to postpone a project since my Vision died and now I am having to postpone again since my brand new (received three days ago) V3.0 makes me fly blind.....UGH  Hopefully once they fix my aircraft I will not have any further problems with it.  I truly love everything about this aircraft, camera and performance upgrades I have been able to experience so far.  DJI please fix the glitches, this should NOT be happening in a 1300 dollar unit!!!!!!!!
2014-11-21
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

well69@gmail.co Posted at 2014-11-22 00:11
Vision 2 +

One possible reason is that the wifi board got damaged.
Have you contacted your dealer?
2014-11-24
Use props
tb8sv
New

Sweden

Vision 2 +

Hi!  i have the same problem the screen on my mobile and Samsung Galaxy note  is black after latest update.   /Tony
2014-11-27
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.4

United States

If you still get telemetry but no video it's possible the WiFi module is bad, as DJI-Autumn said, or it could be the cable going to the gimbal base. Maybe check that the wires, especially the one which plugs into the gimbal base on the far right if you're looking at it from the front, are securely plugged in. You may also want to open the case and check the wires that go to the WiFi module (the silver box).
2014-11-27
Use props
perohrberg
New

Sweden

Vision 2 +

I have had some black screens after updating to ios 8. Restarting the iphone fix the problem every time for me.
2014-11-27
Use props
mbgandy
New

United States

Add me to the list. It's not bad or loose cables. Mine worked fine out of the box. After I updated.....BLACK SCREEN!
2014-12-20
Use props
breston2
lvl.1

United States

There is NO WAY this could be an issue with cables and modules going bad. There are too many drones with the same issue after update. The only common factor is the UPDATE that was performed. Different phones, different OS's on computers. The ONE thing in common is THE UPDATE. When will DJI admit there is a problem and tell everyone they are looking into it or working on it, IF THEY EVEN ARE. Stop telling everyone to start replacing parts at the cost of the customer and just fix the firmware issue. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!

By the way, PV2, with latest firmware, iPhone 6 Plus with latest update. SAME PROBLEM, NO VIDEO. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS FINE.
I have been waiting patiently for a true fix to this problem and not listening to DJI blame it on everything and everyone else. This is clearly a DJI problem and all I want is for them to fix it for us. I don't think that is asking too much from them. I know they are trying to roll out a new drone but please keep in mind all of us that have the last model that at this point, IS USLESS TO ME. I have a $1500.00 drone in a $200.00 case that is nothing more that an oversized paper weight to me right now. I don't think it's asking too much of Dji to fix their issue .

Someone please help me with this problem if Dji won't.

Thanks
2014-12-24
Use props
eddiscus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75797 ft
United States

Well I just joined the same party. Performed the updates yesterday and now am enjoying the beautiful black screen. Disappointing how an update can make the product useless. Even more disturbing is that it works for some users and failed for others. Makes me think there are several revisions of hardware components and some revisions are not tolerant to the firmware update.
All I want for Christmas is a working Vision +
For what it is worth some other users in other forums have had success changing the wi-fi transmitter on the Phantom.
2014-12-24
Use props
dwilson
New

United States

Same problems here...haven't even downloaded the update yet because of all the apparent issues it causes, but now my camera has gone black...no crashes, was working fine. Tried my Galaxy S4 and I-phone 4S, same on both; done all the tricks everyone says to do and nothing.
$1597 paper-weight. I've sent two email to my local dealer and gotten no response, two phones that went to voice mail, no response...not a good way for a young company to start off.
2014-12-24
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

breston2@gmail. Posted at 2014-12-24 22:27
There is NO WAY this could be an issue with cables and modules going bad. There are too many drones  ...

Have checked it and been told that the black screen issue is not caused by the update.
One way to slove it is rebinding. If still not work, just like what i mentioned before, the wifi module could be damaged.
So sorry for the delay
2014-12-25
Use props
peterjohnston00
lvl.1

Australia

I just started getting the same problem. I've tried using 2 different phones Samsung and apple everything was fine before applying updates now no live video feed. Camera is still working and I can take photos and videos but I cant see what i'm shooting. i tried rebinding but that didn't help. I've flown this drone for less than 8hrs total, never crashed and taken very good care of my $1500 investment. I'm wondering how dji thinks the wifi extender got damaged. Mine has never been dropped or misused or is there a design fault with the units themselves. The evidence I've read points to one common factor and that is most people are reporting this problem after updating their software.
2014-12-25
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

OK, I think I need to rethink and reassess this problem.
Hold on, I will ask for more imformation.
2014-12-25
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

Hi guys,
If you face this "Black Screen after Updating"issue pls send an e-mail to support@dji.com with description.
We need to collect imformation for investigation.
Sorry for bothering!
2014-12-25
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

If you have this black screen issue, could you pls take a photo of the S/N number on the back of your Phantom? (or on the package)
Like this
SN number.jpg
2014-12-28
Use props
patrickwrighttv
New

Australia

no wifi at all drone engines all work but no link. After binding says okay then back to camera screen and wifi connection failure message

Another 1700 paperweight    Please fix  

Model  Pv 331
Sn    PH645340447

2014-12-29
Use props
breston2
lvl.1

United States

I did the rebind and all other suggestions mentioned. Nothing worked. Still black screen. Please help fix this problem ASAP. I have been without my drone for a month now and I need to use it now. Please help.

Here is a pic of my serial number.

Thanks for any help provided.
FullSizeRender.jpg
2014-12-30
Use props
tomvon
Flight distance : 201673 ft
United States

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After emails from DJI, suppliers here in the U.S. and from reading other boards, the conclusion is that these failures are due to a faulty WiFi module. Evidently, the modules have been overheating which results in a complete loss of video feed although telemetry and other functions still work fine. Despite DJI not taking on this issue professionally by taking responsibility for the design issue leading to this problem, there is a solution. A new module can be purchased from U.S. Hobby or UAV Direct for $189. There are several sites....http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20006.... where you can find a step-by-step procedure for replacement.

I have had great success with the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+, but this issue and the lack of professional responsibility on the part of DJI, has really made me start second guessing any future business with the organization.

Good luck with your repairs.
2015-1-4
Use props
ljhellmich
Second Officer

United States

I have read this entire thread and have not seen any mention of the Vision App and the device Preview Resolution, so I've got to ask...

If you have adjusted the preview resolution in the Vision App, have ya'll tried lowering the screen preview resolution to see if that helps?  I have found that trying to preview at 640 x 480 and 30fps gives me a black screen or frozen frames at times, yet all other data and controls work.

Jamie
2015-1-4
Use props
drone
Second Officer

United States

Jamie,
That is exactly what happened to me. I adjusted my preview to 640 x 480 and got a black screen. When I set it back I got a gray screen bit I could see movement. At the point I powered everything down and back up. This is the second time this has happened. I am on a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4.
2015-1-5
Use props
johnjohnsoniii
lvl.1
United States

Add me to the group. I am now getting the black screen of death. However, it is not every single time. More like 80% of the time. I power off, restart EVERYTHING, reseat battery, etc and eventually after several attempts I can fly. I have tried multiple batteries, but it is the same. I don't know what to do. I have tried customer support for a different issue last year, but was sent to the Chinese customer support. They went back and forth a couple times, but stopped responding after getting all the info. Never got back to me. Now I have this problem...
2015-1-5
Use props
johnjohnsoniii
lvl.1
United States

Here is my photo...It looks like a broken link, but click to see it.
2015-1-5
Use props
johnjohnsoniii
lvl.1
United States

tomvon Posted at 2015-1-5 03:36
Ladies and Gentlemen,

After emails from DJI, suppliers here in the U.S. and from reading other boar ...

Thank you, but I'm not sure if this addresses my issue. It sounds like wifi, but I am not sure if it is the module. Mine doesn't warm up and crap out. It just doesn't come on from the start. Enough restarts gets it to work, but there is no rhyme or reason to it...
2015-1-7
Use props
shane.xb
New

United States

I am also joining onboard... I have the vision + for almost a month and today it showed me the black screen when I access the camera on my iphone 6. Just to follow up, has anyone had any success and can you please share please.  
2015-1-17
Use props
Barnesville
lvl.1

Canada

This same issue has been occurring with my P2V+ for a few months.  It started out as intermittent but now I can't get any FPV video at all.  It seemed to start when around when I upgraded to 3.06 but that might just be a coincidence.  I just sent in a request to us.support@dji.com and support@dji.com.  As I live in Canada, I really don't want to have to send my P2V+ back to the US and deal with customs, etc.  Has DJI stepped up to this yet and solved anyone's issue?  Given the number of posts on this and other Phantom 2 forums about this topic, this sure seems to be a hardware defect that should be covered under warranty.  I hope DJI steps up and solves this for their customers.  This is my 3rd Phantom and I recently shelled out over $3K for an Inspire 1.  Can someone from DJI (DJI-Autumn or other) please give us a status update on this?
2015-1-18
Use props
donmcinnes.veri
New

United States

Add me to the list too. Just updated. Blank screen (spinning wheel) on iPhone 6. All other info seems good but no picture.
FullSizeRender.jpg
2015-2-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

donmcinnes.veri Posted at 2015-2-8 06:44
Add me to the list too. Just updated. Blank screen (spinning wheel) on iPhone 6. All other info seem ...

We did not replicate it, and no issue reported in China. So we suspect the cause is the damaged WIFI board, like what I mentioned before, not the firmware.So it's better to send it back for repair. Really sorry for that.
2015-2-9
Use props
donmcinnes.veri
New

United States

DAMAGED WIFI BOARD FROM SITTING IN A BOX FOR 8 WEEKS! You guys are a serious joke. I am pissed beyond belief and I intend to make my anger known to a VERY broad audience if you don't offer me some satisfaction. Get a grip. This is 2015. Blaming the problem on mysterious forces that attack an idle drone is not feasible. Next guess?:@:@:@:@
2015-2-12
Use props
donmcinnes.veri
New

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-9 16:29
We did not replicate it, and no issue reported in China. So we suspect the cause is the damaged WIF ...

Why did tech support send me an email stating that it was a rebinding issue?
2015-2-12
Use props
donmcinnes.veri
New

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-9 16:29
We did not replicate it, and no issue reported in China. So we suspect the cause is the damaged WIF ...

2015-2-12
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

donmcinnes.veri Posted at 2015-2-13 11:07

Sorry I did not clarify it.
When you find the black screen issue, the first thing you need to do it to rebind the camera with extender.
What I mentioned above is for those who did the rebinding but still not work, then I would suspect a damaged WIFI Board. Sorry for misunderstanding.
2015-2-12
Use props
donmcinnes.veri
New

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-13 11:12
Sorry I did not clarify it.
When you find the black screen issue, the first thing you need to do it ...

OK. So if I understand correctly, the wifi board went bad sitting in a case, without a battery, "just because"?

And how much does it cost to get my new drone back into the air?
2015-2-12
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

there is an issue with the wifi box going bad, I think as there is a signifigant number of them failing that DJI would like to keep quiet about, it causes loss of video feed yet maintains telemetry etc, the option is to buy a new box and install it, its an easy job to do just requires some patience.

See this thread http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20006
2015-2-13
Use props
tower35
New

Canada

Phantom vision 2 v2 ,
My problem started after the firmware 3.10 update problem. I got the IMU error etc. I downgraded to 3.08 after 3 very frustrating days. The vision app was updated and I updated the camera. The weather in the northeast has been terrible so I haven't flown. The other night I powered up to see how my iPad mini setup would work and black screen. Tried my IPhone 5 and black screen. As with everyone else I still have telemetry camera function etc. I just find it very strange that after all the firmware and app glitches that this isn't somehow related. I think it's quite strange that something that hasn't been used or turned on would go bad.ie the wifi module . I'm just hoping that it is a glitch and not a $300 fix (canada) might be my first and last Phantom !!!
2015-2-13
Use props
brad.sonicbliss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3163 ft
Canada

and what guarantee do we have that the wifi module we replace the supposedly defective one with isn't one and the same? thus just putting a $200+ band-aid on our nice expensive paperweights. what happens when the second module takes a dirt nap, and then the third, and so on, and so on.   i few mine a few weeks ago, in the cold (-14ish), 10min flight, everything worked as it should have.
i take it out yesterday (-20ish), and right from the get go, no fpv. telemetry yes, fpv no. it sat in a box, in my living room for a few weeks, and magically fpv stopped working.  my sgs3 black screen, my sgs5 black screen, my ipad air, black screen. what changed in that few weeks while it sat idle, with it's battery not even in the same room? just the app, and firmwares. so if the problem is indeed the wifi module, it was dji's updates that killed it. they have released a product with a seriously faulty part, and are charging us through the nose for the replacement. thanks for the paper weight.  the money i had set aside to pick up an aspire in the spring will be going to some other company.
2015-2-15
Use props
badaboom521
New

United States

brad.sonicbliss Posted at 2015-2-16 05:08
and what guarantee do we have that the wifi module we replace the supposedly defective one with isn' ...

Well, I too have become a victim of the DJI Black Screen. It really breaks my heart because I just love to fly. I'm not a young man anymore, and my time is getting shorter and shorter. I don't have the strength due to illness to do much, but I sure loved to fly and record my experience. But, after reading all these notes posted here, I can really see the forest from the trees.

My too made the upgrade to 3.08. I can't positively say that's when I lost video feed, but it sure feels right about the time. I never crashed it, always took good care of the drone (I even wax it with car polish to keep it looking fresh). So, that cannot be the problem.

The response by DJI is disgraceful. And, for a mega size company to always seem to pass the buck onto someone else is going to affect future business by myself and a great many others. This black screen issue is only one problem. The lack of help and support will only aid in sales falling off in the years to come. It will come. It will come from the little guys, the working guys like us that bring down Goliath (and that only took David one stone). Of course, DJI will tell you, you whatever only to get you to make more purchases of parts (back end market). Selling parts to replace cheaply made or faulty parts used in manufacturing these drones is very lucrative and keeps the US dollars pouring in. I really have to laugh at DJI's lack of responsibility in any issue. They keep blaming other things instead of helping us to fix problems stemming from them. Major car companies have been doing it, it's called recall. DJI should stand up and recall these faulty products. But, Goliath wants to keep ALL the money.

I too was planning on purchasing the Inspire 1 but now I have been inspired to not spend another cent with this company. I hope we all will deliver this message and that DJI will soon understand that bad news travels faster than good news. Word of mouth can bring down the giant.
2015-2-23
Use props
ronnydsosa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Try updating the camera firmware???  I had  this problem few weeks ago when DJI released 3.10.. i updated and my camera went black in the app... I rebinded it and updated the firmware.. all its good now....
2015-2-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules