Smart controller distortion lines
1134 7 2020-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Caarcrash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1926 ft
United States

Just started flying our Mavic 2 pro with the new smart controller  and just started having an issue with horizontal distortion lines  across the controller screen that make it almost impossible to view the  screen images much less select any of the controls.  I refreshed the  latest firmware on the smart controller  via the DJI Assistant 2 at least 2 times last night but the issue did  not resolve.  I was trying to add the Pix4d capture app on the  controller with no success before the issue started.  I deleted  everything in the internal storage including photos, video, etc.
I have a class this week where I am supposed to be using the drone and now worry that I wont be able to fly.
HElP!!  How can I clear the lines from the screen???  Has anybody else had this problem or know how to correct it???foll

Update...I followed up on a few suggestions (did factory reset, did another firmware update) and the distortion lines are still there.  

Distortion lines

Distortion lines
2020-10-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
2020-10-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you get the lines with the regular controller?
2020-10-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First I've seen of this on the SC - hope you find a fix soon
2020-10-5
Use props
OrbiterElectronics
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This could be one a few things really as the same sort of issue occurs very often with mobile phone displays etc, normally after a drop or knock.
Even a smallish impact or chassis flex can dislodge an FPC flex connector, or break a solder joint below one of the many onboard BGA chips. Unfortunately both issues would require the disassembly of the unit for repair.
If down to say a dislodged FPC connector this could just be checked and reconnected. However if a BGA issue was the cause this would require hot air rework were reflowing of the solder balls below the offending chip itself would be required to make the tiny solder ball contacts good again.
Of course there could also just be a fault with the display itself which assuming there are spares available could be replaced. Perhaps contact DJI product support to see what the options are.
2020-10-5
Use props
Caarcrash
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-5 01:08
Do you get the lines with the regular controller?

Unfortunately I don’t have any other controller...
2020-10-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it still under warranty?
2020-10-5
Use props
Caarcrash
lvl.1
United States

That's what I am not totally sure of.  Bought it Aug. 3, 2020 but not sure how long the warrant is for the SC?  I see things like 14 days but I would hope it would be for at least 90 days.
2020-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules