Shooting photos onto an iPad is freezing the live feed.
500 6 2020-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevmaydude
lvl.1
United States

Hi All!

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

I've got an iPad mini (five or so years old) that I've been using since the Phantom 2 days.  I've now got a 4 Pro V.2 and have noticed that when I'm shooting a number of photos in a row that the live video feed is freezing until all the photos have cleared the buffer.  I've also been flying a 4 Pro and not had any really issues with it shooting multiple images and having the live feed freeze up.  

My assumption is that I'm overloading the iPad with not enough chip speed giddy up or possibly there's not enough memory in the iPad and that's causing the problem.

Any thoughts and help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Kev
2020-10-4
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome kevmaydude !! use airplane mode to fly, so you avoid unwanted internal processes running below in your Mobile Device.
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Kev. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Thank you.

2020-10-5
Use props
kevmaydude
lvl.1
United States

JetSam Posted at 10-5 02:23
Welcome kevmaydude !! use airplane mode to fly, so you avoid unwanted internal processes running below in your Mobile Device.

Hi JetSam,

Thanks for your suggestion and unfortunately that didn't work for me.  I'm still having the same issue.

Thanks again for your help!

Kev
2020-10-6
Use props
kevmaydude
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-5 22:53
Hello there Kev. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi DJI Stephen,

Thank you for your help as well and I tired using my Iphone 6s and the issue is even worse.

I'm running a iPad Mini 4 on IOS 14.0.1 and using the DJI Go 4 app.  I've cleared out all of the photos and video from the iPad and have a capacity of 4.4 gig available (11.6 is being used of the 16 gig total).  When I ran the test with the iPhone 6s,  the problem was even worse in terms of the screen freezing up,  so that's why I'm wondering if it's a processor issue.  It reminds me of shooting photos with a 35mm camera and you fill up the "buffer" and have to wait for the buffer to write to the card before you can start shooting again.

When I'm shooting photos with the 4 Pro,  there's a little bit of freezing in the live feed, but not like on the 4Pro V2.

Is there a way to not have the images or video transferred into the iPad,  so all you would be getting is the live feed?  I'm wondering if this might also solve the problem since no images would be written to the iPad?

Thanks again for your help with this and your time and effort is very much appreciated!

Kev
2020-10-6
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Hi Kev.

In your Go4 app have you set Video Cache to "Cache during Video shooting" - under the general settings accessed with the three dots. I know your capturing stills but turning that off may help. I know in the Fly app you can actually specify the live feed quality (between HD and smooth) but I don't see that in the Go4 app.
2020-10-8
Use props
kevmaydude
lvl.1
United States

Smashey1 Posted at 10-8 07:26
Hi Kev.

In your Go4 app have you set Video Cache to "Cache during Video shooting" - under the general settings accessed with the three dots. I know your capturing stills but turning that off may help. I know in the Fly app you can actually specify the live feed quality (between HD and smooth) but I don't see that in the Go4 app.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Smashley!  I did try your suggestion and unfortunately that didn't help my situation.  I'll have to see if anyone else has some other suggestions.

Thanks again for your thoughts and ideas!!!

Kev
2020-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules