Regular Balancing Required
1903 5 2020-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
9voltsaint
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309636 ft
Australia

Anybody having to re-balance their OM4 regularly?
I have an iPhone 7, all firmwares up to date and the magnetic ring installed dead centre(measured with a digital calipers ;)

I've had it for almost two weeks and probably rebalanced 5 times.

Is there any way to re-balance the OM4 in the field, for example, on a not so perfectly level rock?

On a positive, it's a great little unit!
2020-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there 9voltsaint. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if there are accessories attached to your mobile device ( iPhone 7 ) and are you able to use a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue? In addition, I will post an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to balance the DJI OM4 Gimbal. Thank you.

2020-10-11
Use props
9voltsaint
lvl.1
Australia

Yo Stephen,

It’s not really a huge problem, more of an annoyance & I’ve already gone through that process/tutorial of balancing the gimbal. Plus, I don’t use the removable magnetic clamp mount, I use the stick on ring mount.

There are no accessories attached to my phone or the gimbal. It is purely just an iPhone 8 (made a mistake, not a 7) with the magnetic ring attached.

I tested it with an iPhone SE(2020) using the magnetic clamp mount and the balancing issue eventually happens. I don’t think this test isolates the issue since I don’t have a spare stick on magnetic ring mount.

I’ve attached images of what the unbalanced phone 8 and SE issues look like.

Also, it drifts, very very slowly, when left on the tripod untouched.

2020-10-12
Use props
9voltsaint
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-11 23:50
Hello there 9voltsaint. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know if there are accessories attached to your mobile device ( iPhone 7 ) and are you able to use a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue? In addition, I will post an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to balance the DJI OM4 Gimbal. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nujS6_8m44

Thanks for the reply DJI Stephen!

All jokes aside, I have been messing around with the OM4 for a couple of weeks, I believe I have a faulty unit. All of my photos and videos are crooked. I’ve tried so many different things, levelling, calibration, calibration just before taking an image/video, and using the in the app trimming tool. I’ve tried resetting the unit, I’ve tried using the clamp attachment on another phone but still the same result.  Nothing works.

The OM 4 also shakes and shudders randomly when recording.

DJI, where do we go from here?
2020-11-22
Use props
9voltsaint
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-11 23:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nujS6_8m44

All jokes aside, I have been messing around with the OM4 for a couple of weeks, I believe I have a faulty unit. All of my photos and videos are crooked. I’ve tried so many different things, levelling, calibration, calibration just before taking an image/video, and using the in the app trimming tool. I’ve tried resetting the unit, I’ve tried using the clamp attachment on another phone but still the same result.  Nothing works.

The OM 4 also shakes and shudders randomly when recording.

DJI, where do we go from here?
2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

9voltsaint Posted at 11-22 21:19

All jokes aside, I have been messing around with the OM4 for a couple of weeks, I believe I have a faulty unit. All of my photos and videos are crooked. I’ve tried so many different things, levelling, calibration, calibration just before taking an image/video, and using the in the app trimming tool. I’ve tried resetting the unit, I’ve tried using the clamp attachment on another phone but still the same result.  Nothing works.

Hi there 9voltsaint. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Since you have done multiple troubleshooting steps that could possibly rectify the issue on the said DJI Gimbal. However, it seems that the problem persists, we highly recommend you to contact our DJI support team at ( https://www.dji.com/support ) for further assistance and for further evaluation.  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules