5674 15 2020-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leke A
New
Flight distance : 2320 ft
Nigeria

Hello All,
i am new here.  i have  mavic 2 zoom with the DJI smart controller (SC). months ago, after firm ware upgrade on both devices the drone stopped linking to the SC. I have tried severally sometimes it finally connects but most times never connects and now doesn't connect anymore.

I have downgraded firmware, still no luck. Upgraded firmware again, same results. I have replaced teh memory cards with new ones in case the previous ones were corrupt.

Has anyone here had similar issues? If yes, how was this resolved?

Thank you and regards,
2020-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Leke, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. May I know the firmware version of your aircraft and the smart controller?  
Please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic from the DJI official web: https://www.dji.com/smart-controller/downloads and try to update the firmware to the latest version, then try the connection again. Please keep me update, if there is any error prompt in your app, please also show me a screenshot for better assistance. Thanks.
2020-10-12
Use props
Leke A
New
Flight distance : 2320 ft
Nigeria

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-12 02:56
Hi Leke, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. May I know the firmware version of your aircraft and the smart controller?  
Please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic from the DJI official web: https://www.dji.com/smart-controller/downloads and try to update the firmware to the latest version, then try the connection again. Please keep me update, if there is any error prompt in your app, please also show me a screenshot for better assistance. Thanks.

Hi Natalia,
I already have the correct DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic which i used to update both the SC and the drone but still no luck. Let me note that all of this started as disconnect issues during flight before it morphed into inability to link SC to the drone completely.

for the smart controller i have V01.00.0820
for the Mavic 2 zoom i have V01.00.0670 (see screen shots below)

The only things that come up is each time i connect the drone to my Laptop, it gives a prompt on the internal memory storage (see attached screen shot)

Please advise on any other steps to take to resolve this. Thank you.
2020-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Leke A Posted at 10-12 03:30
Hi Natalia,
I already have the correct DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic which i used to update both the SC and the drone but still no luck. Let me note that all of this started as disconnect issues during flight before it morphed into inability to link SC to the drone completely.

Hi Leke, please start the Smart Controller, find "settings--aircraft management" to reselect the aircraft, then restart the controller to try the connection again. If the issue still persists, you are recommended to contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for service. Thanks.
2020-10-13
Use props
SHANE153
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-13 04:23
Hi Leke, please start the Smart Controller, find "settings--aircraft management" to reselect the aircraft, then restart the controller to try the connection again. If the issue still persists, you are recommended to contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for service. Thanks.

Hi Natalie,

i am encountered the exact same fault as Leke, i was flying fine, then the drone disconnected mid flight, came home, and i have not been able to reconnect my SC to the drone again, i am getting the same message after doing the update, i have also found some times the syn or connect button on the drone itself does not or will not light up at all, then some times it stays red, other times its green and other not on at all,
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SHANE153 Posted at 10-14 04:23
Hi Natalie,

i am encountered the exact same fault as Leke, i was flying fine, then the drone disconnected mid flight, came home, and i have not been able to reconnect my SC to the drone again, i am getting the same message after doing the update, i have also found some times the syn or connect button on the drone itself does not or will not light up at all, then some times it stays red, other times its green and other not on at all,

Sorry for the late response. You may refer to the methods above, if the issue still persists, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thanks.
2020-10-18
Use props
SHANE153
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-18 23:58
Sorry for the late response. You may refer to the methods above, if the issue still persists, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thanks.

FYI,

update
my drone was sent away for repairs to the DJI store,
i have revieved a new replacement drone,

now trying to reconnect the new drone & set up,

i get to the end of the set up " account info confirm, go activate,
" activation failed ""server error"
try again,
if failure still occurs,
contact DJI support,

just one thing after another,
2020-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry to hear about the issue. Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the error or screen record a video to show me the details of the problem? I'd like to help you check it. Thanks.
2020-11-8
Use props
Anotherdayisnow
New

Iceland

I have had the same experience today with a Mavic 2 Pro, where the link-light on the drone doesn't light up ( to be Red when linking and turn Green when successful I assume). And exactly same story...mid-flight the connection was lost (another Mavic drone flew very close to mine) and the drone luckily made a RTH. I had both the drone and my Smart controller connected to my PC and the Mavic 2 assistant. The assistant can verify that there is a discrepancy between the firmware versions of the drone and the controller, but then anyway not fix the issue.
As I am in Iceland for the second time this year to make videos of the Fagradalsfjall Volcano, this could not have happened at a worse time...the feeling that the drone and controller are useless bricks comes to mind...but then one is reminded of how expensive tools they both are. Did I mention that I also just recently bought a DJI Mini 2 as a backup for the Mavic 2 Pro...and that the Mini 2..when I wanted to use it today...stated 'gimbal locked'.....well.
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_UZ1K6VUvll5f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4662 ft

Greece

Unfortunately I am also facing the same problem with (ANOTHERDAYISNOW), has a solution been found, does anyone know anything?
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Anotherdayisnow Posted at 2021-9-25 15:32
I have had the same experience today with a Mavic 2 Pro, where the link-light on the drone doesn't light up ( to be Red when linking and turn Green when successful I assume). And exactly same story...mid-flight the connection was lost (another Mavic drone flew very close to mine) and the drone luckily made a RTH. I had both the drone and my Smart controller connected to my PC and the Mavic 2 assistant. The assistant can verify that there is a discrepancy between the firmware versions of the drone and the controller, but then anyway not fix the issue.
As I am in Iceland for the second time this year to make videos of the Fagradalsfjall Volcano, this could not have happened at a worse time...the feeling that the drone and controller are useless bricks comes to mind...but then one is reminded of how expensive tools they both are. Did I mention that I also just recently bought a DJI Mini 2 as a backup for the Mavic 2 Pro...and that the Mini 2..when I wanted to use it today...stated 'gimbal locked'.....well.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please try the following steps?
① Check the connection method and ensure that the aircraft is within the maximum flight distance of the corresponding mode. Notes: In Wi-Fi connection mode, signal interference can be an issue. We recommend using the remote controller for connection
② If a remote controller is used, please adjust the remote controller antenna position and have the wide surface of the antenna face the aircraft to ensure normal signal transmission. Refer to the figure below.
③ Ensure that the current flight environment signal is good; it is recommended to replace the flight environment test with a good signal. If the replacement flight environment problem is solved, it can be judged that it is caused by environmental factors.
④If replace more flight environment, but it still has disconnected issue occurs with short distance. Please refresh the firmware version and relinking. If the issue persists, please send the drone and RC to us for diagnosis. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
And about the problem of Mini 2, could you please restart your drone again and if you still meet this problem, could you please send us a related video or screenshot? Then we can confirm better and reply to you ASAP. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused and we will do our best to help, please don't worry.

2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_UZ1K6VUvll5f Posted at 7-10 10:29
Unfortunately I am also facing the same problem with (ANOTHERDAYISNOW), has a solution been found, does anyone know anything?

Hi, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. If you meet the same problem(the aircraft is taken off and disconnected during flight), you can check the following steps too. And if you have any more needs or questions, please just feel free to let us know at any time.① Check the connection method and ensure that the aircraft is within the maximum flight distance of the corresponding mode. Notes: In Wi-Fi connection mode, signal interference can be an issue. We recommend using the remote controller for connection
② If a remote controller is used, please adjust the remote controller antenna position and have the wide surface of the antenna face the aircraft to ensure normal signal transmission. Refer to the figure below.
③ Ensure that the current flight environment signal is good; it is recommended to replace the flight environment test with a good signal. If the replacement flight environment problem is solved, it can be judged that it is caused by environmental factors.
④If replace more flight environment, but it still has disconnected issue occurs with short distance. Please refresh the firmware version and relinking. If the issue persists, please send the drone and RC to us for diagnosis. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair

GTScreenshot_20220711_142319.png
2022-7-10
Use props
Thomas Bouchereau
lvl.1
United States

Extremely frustrated with these same issues. Feel like DJI needs a software update to fix these issues as a lot of people have the same issue after an update. I had the same issue where it would lois connection during flight. Then once updated firmware the RC and AC will not connect no matter following every single fun response in multiple threads. How do you send in the drone? Need help as I’m am done trying to do fixes at home. It’s been over a year with no resolve and not able to fly my DJI mavic 2 zoom. It’s never been in an accident either. 100% is a software / firmware issue
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thomas Bouchereau Posted at 8-12 20:08
Extremely frustrated with these same issues. Feel like DJI needs a software update to fix these issues as a lot of people have the same issue after an update. I had the same issue where it would lois connection during flight. Then once updated firmware the RC and AC will not connect no matter following every single fun response in multiple threads. How do you send in the drone? Need help as I’m am done trying to do fixes at home. It’s been over a year with no resolve and not able to fly my DJI mavic 2 zoom. It’s never been in an accident either. 100% is a software / firmware issue

Hello, there. If you want to send it back for repair. Here is the link to submit the online repair request: https://www.dji.com/support/repair?site=brandsite&from=footer
2023-8-13
Use props
John Captain
New

United States

I am so frustrated after a year trying to get my drone set up that I'm going to smash it and throw it away I am just sick of dji's crap and games the garbage updates and nothing seems to work I've wasted countless hours trying to set this thing up after spending almost three grand on this pile of crap. Do your due diligence before spending money on this company
2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

John Captain Posted at 12-24 08:26
I am so frustrated after a year trying to get my drone set up that I'm going to smash it and throw it away I am just sick of dji's crap and games the garbage updates and nothing seems to work I've wasted countless hours trying to set this thing up after spending almost three grand on this pile of crap. Do your due diligence before spending money on this company

Hi there, apologies for reading about this feedback and for any inconvenience caused. May I know if you have had any unpleasant experiences with DJI before? Please provide us more details, and we will help you to further assist. Looking forward to your reply, thanks.
2023-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules