12Next >
5159 45 2020-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XTxHxkaYYAnx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 738796 ft
Romania

Do you think the Mavic Mini will recive any major firmware update after today's event?
2020-10-14
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

What event?
2020-10-14
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

mavic mini is dead, for sure there will be no more updates. they are prepping the mini 2, so better sell the mini while you can.
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI-Elias
lvl.2
Flight distance : 828409 ft
Sweden

sbonev Posted at 10-14 05:19
mavic mini is dead, for sure there will be no more updates. they are prepping the mini 2, so better sell the mini while you can.

Are you gonna sell yours?
2020-10-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very doubtful
2020-10-14
Use props
hankhill11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518894 ft
United States

after today's event? - what was the event?
2020-10-14
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

hankhill11 Posted at 10-14 07:23
after today's event? - what was the event?

There is an live stream today on youtube
2020-10-14
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

DJI-Elias Posted at 10-14 05:38

yes, that is the plan, only if the mini 2 has some actual improvements over the first one. and something more than the 4k that is rumored...
2020-10-14
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

if I sell the MM it would certainly not be for the MM2, but for the Mavic air2, because do not dream, by the 4k 60fps there will be nothing more, do not expect has obstacle sensors, activetrack etc..
2020-10-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scarves UP Posted at 10-14 08:07
There is an live stream today on youtube

New Zenmuse camera for the Matrice
2020-10-14
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

DJI-Elias Posted at 10-14 05:38

I do not sell Mini. There is still Spark and Tello in use.The next could be MA2
2020-10-14
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 10-14 09:51
New Zenmuse camera for the Matrice

Sorry youtube people!
2020-10-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scarves UP Posted at 10-14 10:16
Sorry youtube people!

There’s another announcement tonight - but that looks like the new Ronin - no drones
2020-10-14
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 10-14 10:38
There’s another announcement tonight - but that looks like the new Ronin - no drones

well see
2020-10-14
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

If DJI were to dump us MM owners that would be a big mistake for future DJI Byers. Know one wasn’t to buy a product that becomes a lemon when a new products comes on the markets especially when they still have the Sparks.
2020-10-14
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

VanzPix Posted at 10-14 09:47
if I sell the MM it would certainly not be for the MM2, but for the Mavic air2, because do not dream, by the 4k 60fps there will be nothing more, do not expect has obstacle sensors, activetrack etc..

I agree but I believe it will be CE Approved to meet the new EASA Regulations for the UK/ Europe, and this will probably include low speed tripod mode
2020-10-14
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

Why would they update the MM when they are going to realease the MMMA2MA1?
2020-10-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scarves UP Posted at 10-14 11:03
well see

2020-10-14
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

2020-10-14
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I don't care, love my MM
2020-10-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donut Posted at 10-14 11:11
If DJI were to dump us MM owners that would be a big mistake for future DJI Byers. Know one wasn’t to buy a product that becomes a lemon when a new products comes on the markets especially when they still have the Sparks.

It happens, look at the Phantom line. They did the same with the Goggles,
Mavic Pro and yes the spark. Everyone is talking about the Mavic 3, Mavic
mini 2, but what if the spark is getting a makeover?
2020-10-14
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I said this before I purchased the Mavic mini, but yet i did it anyway.  I will never buy another DJI drone that isn't ocusync or better, the MM will be my non ocusync connection.
2020-10-14
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 10-14 14:42
I don't care, love my MM

Kinda my attitude too.  I love my Mini, and I understand that it is an entry level drone.  If / when I want the advanced features, I will buy a higher end drone.  If it was today, that would most likely be a Mavic Air 2, but I am kinda keeping an eye open for a Mavic 3 Pro (assuming it comes out somewhere down the road).
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates for the DJI Mavic Mini. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition, I will cascade this additions information that you have shared to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-10-14
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 10-14 14:42
I don't care, love my MM

There's a lot to love!  Especially in Europe as under the new EASA rules, the current Mavic Mini will be unclassified for Maximum Take Off Mass meaning it will be deemed to have a MTOM of 249 gms which puts it in the least restrictive category.  Any new MM will probably be classified with its actual technical MTOM (ie the max weight it can take off with, including accessories) which will be over 250gms even if its weight remains 249 gms.  So, put simply, today's Mavic Mini will be the least restricted decent camera drone available....
Let's never forget what you're getting for a drone that's less than half of the price of the Air 2.....
Ian
2020-10-15
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
United States

Ian in London Posted at 10-15 12:17
There's a lot to love!  Especially in Europe as under the new EASA rules, the current Mavic Mini will be unclassified for Maximum Take Off Mass meaning it will be deemed to have a MTOM of 249 gms which puts it in the least restrictive category.  Any new MM will probably be classified with its actual technical MTOM (ie the max weight it can take off with, including accessories) which will be over 250gms even if its weight remains 249 gms.  So, put simply, today's Mavic Mini will be the least restricted decent camera drone available....
Let's never forget what you're getting for a drone that's less than half of the price of the Air 2.....
Ian

well said Ian.
2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

I wish there was. But I think this is the furthest they'll go.
2020-10-17
Use props
jwp721
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332822 ft
United States

K6CCC Posted at 10-14 17:27
Kinda my attitude too.  I love my Mini, and I understand that it is an entry level drone.  If / when I want the advanced features, I will buy a higher end drone.  If it was today, that would most likely be a Mavic Air 2, but I am kinda keeping an eye open for a Mavic 3 Pro (assuming it comes out somewhere down the road).

Agree completely.  Mini was a great entry into high end drones, but my next drone will not be a Mini2.. ...Air2 at least for me.
2020-10-18
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Three main things that concerns me about MM.
1. poor quality mini USB socket on the controller.. need a better control era
2. No OCUSYNC
3. No lights and Strobe.
Add those three to a new MM2 mini and I’d buy one tomorrow.
Also make the batteries compatible with the MM and the MM2
The above list is what makes me squirm the most about the MM.
Doug
2020-10-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 10-15 12:17
Ian

The under-250gm factor was precisely the reason I bought my Mini, and despite its shortcomings, I love it. My Mavic Pro Platinum has gone, in favour of my new M2Z, and the trusty P4 will soon be sold off.  The Mini is a keeper, for me. Big-brother will then be the M2Z.
2020-10-19
Use props
Freddie flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331 ft

United Kingdom

Is The Mini as good as DJI claim? The camera quality and durability?
2020-10-30
Use props
BytePilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 738796 ft
Romania

Freddie flyer Posted at 10-30 02:20
Is The Mini as good as DJI claim? The camera quality and durability?

Yes, it is. If you want to do small video productions such as wedding intro or just for personal use, is very good
2020-10-30
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

How is DJI abandoning users if it doesn't update a product? Sure, if there is a malfunction that a firmware update will resolve but update to add features?

I have a Nikon DSLR that's over 10 years old, it still takes the same awesome photos it took when I first bought it, it's never been updated. Are there better cameras? Sure but that doesn't mean Nikon should be adding features to a camera that's doing what it was advertised to do the day I bought it.

My 17 year old mini van has never been updated, should Ford be updating it as new features become available? We just bought a very expensive sewing machine, I wonder if the manufacturer will offer updates that add features we could have got by spending more money. Why are electronic manufactures expected to just hand out updates for free when those features were available in other products?

My Mini does exactly what DJI said it would do and it does it well. If I want other features I'll buy a new drone that has those features.

2020-10-31
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 10-31 05:04
How is DJI abandoning users if it doesn't update a product? Sure, if there is a malfunction that a firmware update will resolve but update to add features?

I have a Nikon DSLR that's over 10 years old, it still takes the same awesome photos it took when I first bought it, it's never been updated. Are there better cameras? Sure but that doesn't mean Nikon should be adding features to a camera that's doing what it was advertised to do the day I bought it.

Why? Why not? It's about better user experience. I like my devices and their manufacturers with many upgrades with new features (Mikrotik, Garmin) and I don't like my devices and their manufacturers without any new feature (Canon, Gopro, DJI)
2020-10-31
Use props
TMvideo
lvl.3
Ukraine

RE: Another big Update?

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 10-31 05:04

But Iphone has updates, Android devices have too, Windows regularly receive updates...
2020-10-31
Use props
JHa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99797 ft
Czechia

We read last year that some features are impossible in MM category (raw). In just one year there is a new MM2 with these features. The usual DJI product period is longer than only one year. It's like MM was only market research
2020-10-31
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

How can anyone say that DJI is not releasing new features and updates for the mini? They certainly have over the last year. They may not be releasing what YOU want, but they are making releases to the firmware and the Fly app. And @JHa where did you read last year that some features are impossible? Certainly features that require hardware like sensors are not going to be retrofits to an existing Mini but certainly new hardware can provide new capabilities as component continue to get lighter and smaller and more functional. Never say never when it comes to technology (as long as you don't break the laws of physics – and even then our understanding of physics is not complete). Back in the early twentieth century some scientists thought that humans could not survive going faster than the speed of sound. Luckily for Chuck Yeager those scientists were wrong:  (https://www.businessinsider.com/ ... it-was-like-2017-10).

It's a good day to fly,
Michael
2020-11-1
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
United States

JHa Posted at 10-31 08:17
Why? Why not? It's about better user experience. I like my devices and their manufacturers with many upgrades with new features (Mikrotik, Garmin) and I don't like my devices and their manufacturers without any new feature (Canon, Gopro, DJI)

My point is, with almost all other things we buy if you want new features you buy a new thing. Electronics seem to be the only thing people expect upgrades for.
2020-11-2
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
United States

TMvideo Posted at 10-31 09:12
But Iphone has updates, Android devices have too, Windows regularly receive updates...

Windows is usually fixing things, same with Apple and Android. Also, an operating system is a little different then adding features like RAW or follow me, or 4k.

But why are electronics expected to get updates?

My microwave could use a an update for a the popcorn button, it's always burning the popcorn. Where's the microwave forum so I can complain?
2020-11-2
Use props
TMvideo
lvl.3
Ukraine

WrongWay Feldman Posted at 11-2 04:15
Windows is usually fixing things, same with Apple and Android. Also, an operating system is a little different then adding features like RAW or follow me, or 4k.

But why are electronics expected to get updates?

Why do you think that Mini has no own operating system?
How to connect and process data from camera, radio, file handling and input\output between each other?
Does raw\dng photo option require a new hardware integration or it requires just one more data output module to be compiled into current firmware?
+ Mavic Mini has no sharpness options, so let's buy new model with sharpness correction?
+ Why Litchi can control Mini to make panorama photo series but Dji Fly can't?
2020-11-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules