o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

M-672x304.jpg

What Is DJI RS 2?
DJI RS 2 is an advanced camera gimbal that stabilizes cameras for smooth, shake-free footage. Simply attach and balance your camera, then begin filming. DJI RS 2 integrates seamlessly with most cameras so you can access parameters and features directly on the device’s full-color touchscreen.

hand-2.jpg

DJI RS 2 vs DJI RS 2 Pro Combo: What’s Inside the Box?

DJI RS 2 Features & Specs

Weight 1.3 kg
Tested payload 4.5 kg
Size Folded: 260×265×70 mm (excluding the BG30 grip)
Unfolded: 410×260×195 mm (including the BG30 grip, excluding the extended grip/tripod)
Battery life 12 hours
Charging time*
0-80% in 1 hour
0-100% in 1.5 hours
* When using a 24W charger with the PD and QC 2.0 charging protocols

Carbon Fiber Construction
DJI RS 2 is the first camera gimbal of its kind to integrate monocoque carbon fiber. By doing so, DJI RS 2 remains a featherlight 1.3 kg and has a tested payload of 4.5kg, offering the highest weight-to-payload performance in its gimbal class so that you can film with a pro-level setup all day.
carbon fiber-4.jpg

Full-Color Touchscreen
To expand filmmakers’ abilities even further, DJI RS 2 has a 1.4-inch full-color touchscreen built right into the handle. This screen allows users to access gimbal and camera parameters, as well as get a live camera view for monitoring and using ActiveTrack 3.0.
touchscreen-11.jpg

Modular Design
DJI RS 2 is an excellent single-handed camera stabilizer, and with a modular design, it also mounts easily onto a vehicle, jib, slider, cable cam, and more. By outfitting its RSA ports as NATO mounts, RS 2 is also compatible with a large variety of third-party accessories, letting users customize it in endless ways.
Modular Design-3.jpg

High-Capacity Battery
The BG30 Grip on RS2 offers up to 12 hours of power, and fast charging lets it go from 0-80% in just one hour. The battery also has its own USB-C port so that it can charge without requiring mounting onto RS 2.

DJI RS 2 Filmmaking Features

For filmmakers of every level, DJI RS 2 is equipped with intelligent features and advanced systems that bring a cinematic touch to your camera footage.

Titan Stabilization Algorithm
DJI RS 2 offers the latest DJI camera gimbal technology. Titan offers a stabilization boost called SuperSmooth, delivering smooth footage even when a camera is using a 100mm zoom lens.
titan-10.jpg

RavenEye Image Transmission System
For more dynamic control, DJI RS 2 introduces the RavenEye Image Transmission System, which transmits a 1080p live view from the camera to your phone from up to 100 meters away at a latency as low as 50 ms. RavenEye also allows for camera parameter control right from the Ronin app, giving you more freedom to move while you capture your shot.

ActiveTrack 3.0
Speaking of RavenEye, one more thing it does is make ActiveTrack 3.0 possible, delivering the camera live view straight to the DJI RS 2 touchscreen. This allows you to select your subject right from the handle, which means you no longer need to mount a smartphone on top of the camera.
ActiveTrack-7.jpg

3D Focus System
For a new era of camera lens focusing, DJI RS 2 introduces the 3D Focus, a revolutionary system that uses infrared beams to constantly measure distance between a lens and subject. Using this method, an accurate focus is dialed in almost instantly, giving pinpoint autofocus to even large-aperture manual lenses.

DJI RS 2 Intelligent Functions

Creativity is at the heart of filmmaking, which is why DJI RS 2 delivers with intelligent features that let your shot match your vision.

Time Tunnel
The ever-popular 3D Roll feature is back, and this time it comes in a new form that is sure to blow your audience’s mind. Time Tunnel takes 3D Roll and adds hyperlapse to create footage that is out of this world.

Force Mobile
With the Ronin app on your phone, all you need to do to control DJI RS 2 is move your phone. The gimbal follows every tilt and turn, letting you create an even more fluid shot.

One-Tap Portrait Mode
With professional quality becoming a new standard for social media content, DJI RS 2 is prepared to switch the camera to portrait mode right from the touchscreen or Ronin app.

Is the DJI RS 2 Pro Combo Worth It?

The DJI RS 2 Pro Combo includes some key accessories that will significantly boost your filmmaking experience. There are a few key accessories that will be cheaper in this combo than if you wait to purchase them separately later.

RavenEye Image Transmitter
As mentioned above, RavenEye gives DJI RS 2 the ability to send a 1080p live view to a smartphone from up to 100 m away. If you also plan to use ActiveTrack 3.0, remember that RavenEye is required.
raven-9.jpg

Focus Motor, Focus Motor Rod Mount Kit, and Focus Gear Strip
These components make it possible to adjust the focus of the camera lens straight from the handle. When all these parts are installed, you can use the built-in front dial to control focus with a single hand, which is especially great for one-man crews.

Who Is DJI RS 2 Designed For?

Professional Cinematographers
With all its advanced features and direct control functions, DJI RS 2 is an excellent filmmaking tool for cinematographers who want to get the perfect shot. With camera parameters and focus within reach, professional users are given total control over the shot, especially if this involves working alone. By bringing their seasoned skills to the DJI RS 2 controls, cinematographers can achieve complex shots that typically take a team, and do it entirely on their own.

Film Studios
Studios of any size and budget can take advantage of everything DJI RS 2 offers, especially because it was designed to be a multi-scenario gimbal. DJI RS 2 excels as a handheld camera gimbal as well as a mounted gimbal platform so that you can use it in the traditional methods like a jib or vehicle mount. And better yet, the RSA/NATO port means compatibility with a vast range of accessories, which studios may already have.

​DJI RS 2 Accessories

One of the things that make DJI RS 2 so powerful is the ecosystem of accessories that show that this camera stabilizer is a true professional workhorse. The RavenEye Image Transmission System sends a 1080 live camera view to your phone, offers remote control of camera parameters, and makes ActiveTrack 3.0 possible. The Twist Grip Dual Handle uses a unique pivot design so you can hold DJI RS 2 in many ways. The Vertical Mounting Plate sets the camera in portrait mode so you can create professional social media content. And the Expansion Base Kit allows for multiple mounting and remote control options, letting you operate DJI RS 2 in entirely new ways.
professionals 2-12.jpg

DJI Care Refresh for DJI RS 2

DJI Care Refresh is now available for DJI RS 2, providing 2 replacement units in 1 year, accidental damage coverage, and more. The new 2-year plan provides 3 replacement units in 2 years, extends the original warranty up to 2 years, and also includes the International Warranty Service.
dji care-1.jpg

DJI RS 2 FAQ

Now that we’ve gone through the product and it’s features, let’s take a look at some important questions.

What cameras are compatible with DJI RS 2?

DJI RS 2 is compatible with most major cameras such as Sony, Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Panasonic, and Blackmagic. Refer to the DJI Ronin Series Camera Compatibility Search for more information on camera compatibility: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility

What are the differences between DJI Ronin-S and DJI RS 2?

Compared with Ronin-S, the motors of DJI RS 2 are about 20% more powerful, while the gimbal weight is reduced by about 25%. RS 2 is also equipped with a 1.4-inch full-color touchscreen and redesigned built-in front dial, and DJI RS 2 supports more accessories than the Ronin-S. For the full comparison, click here.

Whats the weight and payload of DJI RS 2?

The DJI RS 2 weighs just 1.3 kg (2.86 lbs) and has a max tested payload of 4.5 kg (10 lbs). This means that DJI RS 2 has one of the highest weight-to-payload ratio for devices of this kind.

Buy DJI RS 2

As the latest from DJI’s profesional series of camera stabilizers, DJI RS 2 is packed with advanced functions and features that cinematographers and filmmakers will find not only useful but intuitive and groundbreaking. No matter what the shot calls for, DJI RS 2 is equipped to empower you to achieve it in total cinematic quality.

2020-10-14
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Looks Amazing.
2020-10-14
Use props
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

Another DJI gimbal that always drifts from center? I'll pass.
2020-10-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2020-10-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does Activetrack 3.0 of the DJI RS2 tap into the cameras feed?  No need for a phone mount?

Also, does the ToF sensor come w/ the box or is it going to come out in the future?
2020-10-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ordered this before it sells out for months.  Stabilization, tracking, and focus is extremely important when film making.  I just got the email 3 hours ago.
2020-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, amazing product!
Lets hope DJI adds support for Nikon D750!
2020-10-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Focus stacking should be available now?  This would be great for macro photography.  Also, remote touc AF should be available?
2020-10-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome product!
2020-10-15
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Poland

Cool to see a touchscreen on it and image transmission!
2020-10-15
Use props
dop.dan
New

United Arab Emirates

Great gimbal. Have been a long-standing Ronin S user and has always been my go-to gimbal, even in the last few years as gimbals advanced and Ronin was still left behind on the updated features front it still for me was the most stable, easier to use, and customisable gimbal for me, so I am very happy DJI have caught up with the market now.  

The questions that need to be asked though as this will be important for most users I can assure you:

- Why cant the Micro USB / USB-C support 5-12 Volts? A review online shows they could not connect their Tilta Nucleus Nano which is a very unfortunate (do you plan to update the firmware to allow this? Please say you do! And if so it will connect with the RS2 front wheel so we can pull a Tilta N / M motor?)

- Can the Raven eye connect through the HDMI out on an external monitor or a Wireless transmission system with HDMI Out?  My concern here is that you want to use the features of the active track but you need to have the feed going to a high-end monitor for the client and not just on to someone's phone. In this case, it would have been better to have an HDMI out ON the Raven Eye (maybe you do but form the videos and images I can't see this so please confirm).

- How many phones/tablets can the Raven Eye output too?

- No one in the released promotional videos (YouTubers) has been using the BMPCC4K or 6K with the gimbal? Strange to me as it's a popular camera and the BMPCCK owners saw this as the potential perfect gimbal for their cameras (especially now that you have shown 3d Focus). Did you perform any tests with this camera? And with the sigma 18-35 or lenses within the same weight and size?

- Bit confused about the 3D Focus that you have mentioned. Is it working with non-auto focus cameras and lenses? So it pulls the focus dial right which needs to be connected to the Ronin? And do you need the Raven Eye for this to work?

- Lastly, can the battery be charged whilst operating?

Look forward to hearing some good news for these questions (well in my dreams they are all a yes aha). Cheers DJI.

2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser_k0VWXrjGdbrB
New
Turkey

when will the vertical camera mount part be available?
store.dji.com/product/r-vertical-camera-moun

hows recording video without it?
2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Really nice!
2020-10-15
Use props
GeorgeGreek
First Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Wow!!! Thank you!
2020-10-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tide. Thank you for the reply and for your valued support. If you have any inquiries or suggestions with the new DJI RS2. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. .
2020-10-15
Use props
Governjob
lvl.1

India

Wow Great Stuff
2020-10-15
Use props
TURBORIDER
New

Russia

Tell me where to buy a car mount? what's on the video . I would like to immediately purchase a stabilizer and such a mount !
2020-10-16
Use props
JulianB8
New

Germany

Is there a way to control it with a remote control (over sbus) on a cable cam?
2020-10-16
Use props
fansc22e5336
lvl.2

Norway

Is it possible to use fokus points in the timelapses and or active tracking ?
2020-10-18
Use props
Rood
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Why do the batterys only have one connection point in them now? pretty big miss considering thats one of the only places you can actually grip into it unless you buy the arms but not every wants to shoot that way.
2020-10-21
Use props
fanse0526a33
New

Australia

Hi I previously purchased and dual handle grip (small rig) for a Ronin S, and would like to know if the grip is the same size as the new Ronin RS which I’ve just purchased?

The handle attaches to where the battery is in the Ronin S unit so want to know if the Ronin RS has the same battery grip size.

The handle I am referring to is the SmallRig Dual Handle Handgrip for DJI Ronin S and Ronin-SC Handheld Gimbal – BSS2250

Many thanks
2020-10-22
Use props
thejeremyricci
lvl.1

United States

"Beautifully crafted!"

If only you could have spent literally a tiny fraction of time crafting a firmware update for the Ronin-S to support the EOS R5 months after release (you know, since your beautifully crafted RS2 supports it out of the god damn box).
2020-10-22
Use props
djiuser_ON3xpSBHVfgL
lvl.1

United States

I just purchased the RS2 Pro kit with accessories. Do I use the focus motor to focus my manual lens when using Raveneye?  

I want to use Lumix GH5 with either auto-focus native lens, or manual focus lens. I connect my GH5 and manuel lens with Raveneye, but it does not focus. I learn from youtube that there is a new 3D focus system but it's not available for sale yet.

I could not find relevant user guide or tutorial videos.

Thanks
2020-10-23
Use props
RAWPIXELIA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92858 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ordered RS2 Pro kit from DJI and it has been sitting in Memphis for 3 days on CLEARANCE DELAY.
When do I need to be worried that it is tied up in customs? Originally set for delivery today but hasn't moved from Memphis since Sat morning.
2020-10-27
Use props
Steve Bean
New

United States

Just received the RS2 and can't figure out how to change the language on the gimbal screen from Chinese to English. TIA

(the Ronin app is in English, just not the screen on the gimbal)
2020-10-27
Use props
fansa6704ffc
New

United States

I just purchased & received the Roni RS2 Combo directly from DJI last week. GREAT product but I need some assistance cabling/configuring it with a Canon 5D Mark 4 camera. I have the RavenEye cabled and working fine. I have been unable, however, to get the start-stop button to work. I am assuming I need a cable from the RSS port on the 5DM4 (the bottom half of the port with a 5 ping cable). I also assume it should go to the "top" micro USB-C port on the group of three ports in the Ronin. This, however, yields no results. I have tried plugging it into the RSS port of the RavenEye as well. Still doesn't work. Is there anyone who can post how they have configured their 5DM4/Ronin RS2 (maybe include photos)? I am not finding answers to these questions in any documentation.
Thanks in advance!

Barry
barryswest at gmail

I have a job tomorrow afternoon with a client and would really love to have this resolved before that.
2020-10-28
Use props
fans15fbe909
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64472 ft
United States

dop.dan Posted at 10-15 07:54
Great gimbal. Have been a long-standing Ronin S user and has always been my go-to gimbal, even in the last few years as gimbals advanced and Ronin was still left behind on the updated features front it still for me was the most stable, easier to use, and customisable gimbal for me, so I am very happy DJI have caught up with the market now.  

The questions that need to be asked though as this will be important for most users I can assure you:

Literally all the right questions. Someone answer please asap
2020-10-29
Use props
fanse52ea2fa
New

Hong Kong

RavenEye with A7S3 issue: What are your HDMI settings on the Sony A7S3 with the RS2 ?
I can get the connection but no video feed on my iPhone or gimbal. It’s black yet it’s connected and I could  make it work on my A7r3 and I highly suspect it’s the HDMI Settings on my Sony A7s3 since other people got that combo to work . Thx
2020-10-30
Use props
fanse52ea2fa
New

Hong Kong

RavenEye with A7S3 issue: What are your HDMI settings on the Sony A7S3 with the RS2 ?
I can get the connection but no video feed on my iPhone or gimbal. It’s black yet it’s connected and I could  make it work on my A7r3 and I highly suspect it’s the HDMI Settings on my Sony A7s3 since other people got that combo to work . Thx
2020-10-30
Use props
ZAHA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623 ft
  • >>>
Romania

dop.dan Posted at 10-15 07:54

Hi Dan. A friend got the RS2 and like me has the Bmpcc 6K. With the cage and ssd it's not 100% ok. Without the cage it work great. It is a small gimbal for cinema cameras...even for the Bmpcc ones. I need a gimbal that can hold my camera with the cage so I can quickly put it from the rig to the gimbal. I think the Crane 3S it's the better option. Or if you shot just with the barebones camera go for it.
2020-10-30
Use props
JulienBeb
lvl.1

France

fansa6704ffc Posted at 10-28 07:15
I just purchased & received the Roni RS2 Combo directly from DJI last week. GREAT product but I need some assistance cabling/configuring it with a Canon 5D Mark 4 camera. I have the RavenEye cabled and working fine. I have been unable, however, to get the start-stop button to work. I am assuming I need a cable from the RSS port on the 5DM4 (the bottom half of the port with a 5 ping cable). I also assume it should go to the "top" micro USB-C port on the group of three ports in the Ronin. This, however, yields no results. I have tried plugging it into the RSS port of the RavenEye as well. Still doesn't work. Is there anyone who can post how they have configured their 5DM4/Ronin RS2 (maybe include photos)? I am not finding answers to these questions in any documentation.
Thanks in advance!

I'm facing an issue with the dji RS 2 with Raveneye and the Canon 5D mark IV. I can't activate the record button on the gimbal to start recording. Which cable is connected to your 5D mark IV to control the shutter? It seems Dji forgot to include the USB 3 micro-b cable to micro usb. I tried with another camera, 5D mark III (it has usb 3 micro-b) and it works with the cable DJI provides in the box of the RS2. But I can't figure out how to make the record button works with the 5D mark IV? Any idea?
2020-11-1
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Looks interesting! Waiting to test one!
2020-11-2
Use props
Madkat06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29508 ft
United States

Steve Bean Posted at 10-27 10:06
Just received the RS2 and can't figure out how to change the language on the gimbal screen from Chinese to English. TIA

(the Ronin app is in English, just not the screen on the gimbal)

I can’t either...did you find out how?
2020-11-6
Use props
ZAHA
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

Got mine yesterday. The non combo version. Yeah...it works with the BMPCC 6K fullcage and 16-35/2.8L...but I have the same problem that I had with the Ronin S...MOTIONLAPSE!!!!! It is not 100% fluent motion...it jerks, jumps frames...exactly the same problem as the Ronin S had in motionlapse. WTF  DJI?!?!?!!?? This one is more expensive and does the same ...?! C'MON! Fix it with a firmware! I use it with my EOS R for motionlapse/timelapse.
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_2xPnokVpZ8v8
New
France

Please how much is it??
2020-11-7
Use props
fans085978e7
lvl.1
Canada

fanse52ea2fa Posted at 10-30 03:29
RavenEye with A7S3 issue: What are your HDMI settings on the Sony A7S3 with the RS2 ?
I can get the connection but no video feed on my iPhone or gimbal. It’s black yet it’s connected and I could  make it work on my A7r3 and I highly suspect it’s the HDMI Settings on my Sony A7s3 since other people got that combo to work . Thx

Are you using the USB-C to Sony Multi cable for RSS?
I was using a different cable and video feed wouldn't work. Now it does using that cable, however the wheel on the front does nothing now. If I switch to another cable, the front wheel works, however the video feed just shows black screen.
2020-11-9
Use props
djiuser_QU2WjOcggOAW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299485 ft
Australia

fans085978e7 Posted at 11-9 09:11
Are you using the USB-C to Sony Multi cable for RSS?
I was using a different cable and video feed wouldn't work. Now it does using that cable, however the wheel on the front does nothing now. If I switch to another cable, the front wheel works, however the video feed just shows black screen.

Having much the same issue. USB-C doesn't allow photos to work, and the video seems to be lost when you start recording.
2020-11-10
Use props
ZAHA
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

DJI RS 2 | Masterfully Crafted...my ass!
2020-11-12
Use props
fungiphotoholic
lvl.1
Germany

I hope the next firmware will support the Nikon Z6 II. Great gear!
2020-11-21
Use props
djiuser_TGDywYlKDa4B
lvl.1

United States

Can anyone recommend a mountable external monitor to use with a  Ronin RS 2 and Sony A6400 combo. I am aware of the Ninja V but I’m hoping to find some thing a little more affordable. If anyone has a combination they like or knows of one I would really appreciate the advice. All the best, Mark
2020-11-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules