Wow, I am impressed with DJI's repair service, well done!
12Next >
3033 41 2015-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Well, after DREADING my first repair RMA with DJI after seeing all the people on here mentioning super long wait times, lack of communication etc, I have to say I expected the worst and was very pleasantly surprised and pretty damn happy about how this turned out.  I sent in my camera and gimbal after a crash when the unit went straight up in a random full throttle burst and hit an overhanging tree branch (yes I'm an idiot for doing that) and it landed upside down on concrete.  Only damage was trashed rotor tips and the camera gimbal was flicking all over the place.

It took about 20 mins of on hold time to get my RMA and I sent my gimbal in the very next day via FedEx.  Got my confirmation the package was received and then received a DJI zendesk notification that my gimbal was checked in for service 10 days later.  It's been 1.5 weeks since check-in and I just got an email yesterday detailing what was damaged on the gimbal (pretty much EVERYTHING) and that it had been repaired, calibrated and flight tested and will be shipped back to me in the next 1-2 days and a tracking number will be provided.

I am SUPER pleased and 110% satisfied with DJI's service, what a great experience.

Dan
2015-6-25
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Aaaaaand just got my FedEx shipping info, nice!!
2015-6-25
Use props
applelinux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505 ft

United States

wow...Congrats! Most people had to wait for at least 5-6 weeks to get the bird repair. I just got a zendesk confirmation that they check in my P3A yesterday. I hope that I will have the same luck as yours....
2015-6-25
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Faken Posted at 2015-6-25 23:55
Aaaaaand just got my FedEx shipping info, nice!!

Did you have to send in the whole bird with gimbal or just the gimbal/camera unit?
2015-6-26
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-26 17:52
Did you have to send in the whole bird with gimbal or just the gimbal/camera unit?

Hi Roy, I only sent in the gimbal and camera, and kept the bird home so I could still fly her around
2015-6-26
Use props
mdeluna910
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132920 ft
United States

Is this the Canada facility or LA? A majority of the wait time complaints are regarding the LA facility in the states, not the Canada one.
2015-6-26
Use props
newact1
Second Officer

Canada

how much did it cost you?
2015-7-1
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

I am truly very happy for you. I just wish I had the same experience. No emotion, just the facts...

- Purchased a Vision2+ and took it out to fly twice.
- On the second flight, I lost video. It never crashed or was damaged in any way.
- I called customer service and the call dropped after being on hold for approximately 1 hour.
- Instead if calling back, I started doing my own research on the web.
- After around 3 hours of trying everything I could think of, I called customer service back and was on hold for another hour, finally getting through.
- I explained what I did to try to  fix the problem, was advised I had done what could be done and to send the product back.
- I received very specific instructions on how to ship the entire unit back and did so (insured, and packed as directed) via FedEx, 2nd day. ($82.00)
- I was told it would take 6 weeks to repair and should not contact them, they would contact me.
- 3 weeks after receiving delivery confirmation from FedEx, DJI sent me an email stating that they had received the product and the 6 week repair cycle time would then start.

Based on the above, I expect that this process will take 9 weeks and 6 hours of my time.
2015-7-8
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

mdeluna910 Posted at 2015-6-27 04:46
Is this the Canada facility or LA? A majority of the wait time complaints are regarding the LA facil ...

LA.  Wasn't even aware of a Canadian repair facility to be honest.
2015-7-8
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Absolutely nothing, I was stunned!
2015-7-8
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

You Sir, are my hero!

Spread the Karma!
2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Great to hear it!
2015-7-8
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

United States

In all due respect Sir, I believe not a word.

Cheers

2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

FlyGirl Posted at 2015-7-9 10:58
In all due respect Sir, I believe not a word.

Cheers

In all due respect, that is sad for you.
Sorry to hear you feel this way.
2015-7-9
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

Hi Dave, yep I am super pleased!  And we use our drone for professional photo shoots for BTS and overheads so we're extremely happy to get it back so fast!
2015-7-9
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

davisjeffw@gmai Posted at 2015-7-9 04:58
I am truly very happy for you. I just wish I had the same experience. No emotion, just the facts... ...

My experience is the same as yours. I'm six weeks into the wait for an obvious warranty repair and other than an email four weeks ago that it had been checked in, all I've gotten is silence. In fact it is frustrating to read that a gimbal repair from a pilot-error crash has been repaired so quickly while my warranty repair, which should be prioritized ahead of all other repairs, will take what looks like a minimum of 8 weeks.  I'm happy for you Faken, but to me it is clear that DJI service is awful for nearly everyone, with a random exception here and there.
2015-7-9
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

Abe Posted at 2015-7-10 12:29
My experience is the same as yours. I'm six weeks into the wait for an obvious warranty repair and ...

As a follow up it's now been over 7 weeks since the product has been in their possession.

For grins, I called a local authorized dealer who sells and repairs DJI products. He immediately diagnosed the problem over the phone and told me I need a new wifi module which he has in stock. If I had the Phantom in my possession, I could drive over there and he'd fix it while I wait.

Problem is that DJI changed their warranty policy (even though they are an authorized repair facility) and
since I didn't buy the product from them and it would cost $189 for the module. He offered to waive the installation and re-calibration procedure costs. ($85) as a consolation.

If I had known that sending it back to the factory was going to take probably 9 weeks I would have eaten the repair cost just so I could enjoy the drone over the summer.

As an aside, he did acknowledge that customer service is "unpredictable" even for a dealer. And, to be fair he commented that the Phantom 3 does not suffer from the same issues.

Anyone want to buy a fully re-furbished Phantom 2+ with only 2 hours of flight time??? I have a case, extra propellors and 3 extra batteries...

2015-7-14
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

davisjeffw@gmai Posted at 2015-7-15 03:30
As a follow up it's now been over 7 weeks since the product has been in their possession.

For gri ...

My P2V+ is in for exactly that - the WiFi module went bad. I was demonstrating it to a buyer from Craigslist when we both discovered the problem. He was going to buy it for $800 from me and instead I had to send it in to DJI for repair since it was still under warranty. That was about 8 weeks ago now. I'm guessing now that the P3 is in full production the P2V+ value has decreased by about $200 :-(
2015-7-14
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

Abe Posted at 2015-7-15 12:22
My P2V+ is in for exactly that - the WiFi module went bad. I was demonstrating it to a buyer from C ...

DJI is the best drone manufacturer in the market today - as long as they don't break down. Then you roll the dice. I'll put my P2V+ up for sale when I get it back and probably go to the dealer I spoke to and get a P3. More reliable, longer range and local support with someone who is happy to answer the phone.

It will be an expensive lesson.

Good luck with yours!
2015-7-15
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

Abe Posted at 2015-7-15 12:22
My P2V+ is in for exactly that - the WiFi module went bad. I was demonstrating it to a buyer from C ...

Just curious, why did you decide to sell so quickly (something that is still under warranty)?
2015-7-15
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-10 01:43
In all due respect, that is sad for you.
Sorry to hear you feel this way.

Hello DJI-Dave,

It seems that you are a part of the DJI Team?

Instead of criticizing a comment from a member, how about some help here?

My RMA # is: 150089
2015-7-15
Use props
hjf
lvl.1

United States

Good to hear.  I'm going to try one more ribbon cable replacement; and if that doesn't solve my problem, I'm going to have to give the experts a try.  What was your repair cost BTW?
2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

davisjeffw@gmai Posted at 2015-7-15 22:53
Hello DJI-Dave,

It seems that you are a part of the DJI Team?

Well first of all I did not criticize the member. Even though I could have because that member basically called Dan a lier! I honestly felt sorry for FlyGirl, that she is so jaded that she can not even believe one good report of service.  I was respectful, I even said sorry you feel this way. And that is all I said.

Now if I want to I could criticize you for reading something into my post that was not there, and for incorrectly trying to criticizing me.

But don't worry I will not do that.
2015-7-15
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

It's not up to you to defend Dan - he can do that for himself if he feels the need.  If you're an employee, why don't you do something constructive and help me out with my RMA? No, I'm not worried... Why should I be? Will you delay my RMA further??? If you missed my first message, here it is:

I am truly very happy for you. I just wish I had the same experience. No emotion, just the facts...

- Purchased a Vision2+ and took it out to fly twice.
- On the second flight, I lost video. It never crashed or was damaged in any way.
- I called customer service and the call dropped after being on hold for approximately 1 hour.
- Instead if calling back, I started doing my own research on the web.
- After around 3 hours of trying everything I could think of, I called customer service back and was on hold for another hour, finally getting through.
- I explained what I did to try to  fix the problem, was advised I had done what could be done and to send the product back.
- I received very specific instructions on how to ship the entire unit back and did so (insured, and packed as directed) via FedEx, 2nd day. ($82.00)
- I was told it would take 6 weeks to repair and should not contact them, they would contact me.
- 3 weeks after receiving delivery confirmation from FedEx, DJI sent me an email stating that they had received the product and the 6 week repair cycle time would then start.

Based on the above, I expect that this process will take 9 weeks and 6 hours of my time.
2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

davisjeffw@gmai Posted at 2015-7-16 02:47
It's not up to you to defend Dan - he can do that for himself if he feels the need.  If you're an e ...

That is funny that you think you know my job duties better than I do! You do not! I am a moderator/technical forum support, so it is my job to defend Dan!  My job is not to check RMA #s we have other people that do that. I have no ill intensions towards you so of course I would not delay your RMA#. In fact I already have someone else checking on your RMA # for you. Someone who's job duties include that.

Go take a look at the rules of the forum.
Here just so you do not have to go search for them yourself I will post some of them for you here:

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
We reserve the rights to edit and delete your offensive comment and post.
Posts arguing about company policies are not allowed. You can fill out a support ticket if you have issue with company policies.
Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
We reserve the right to block anyone who willfully violates the forum rules."

If I wanted to I could have just deleted her post, I did not because it was not that bad. Her post could have easily fallen under "purposeless inflammatory post" and "insulting" and "personal attack" because it implied Dan was lying and it served no good to the discussion.

I was instead very reserved in my reply and did not delete her post.

I am trying to be nice with you and just inform you on how you are incorrect about my job duties.  
If this starts to feel like a argument I will just delete your post and ban you.
2015-7-15
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

Have a nice day.
2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Sure thing. I hope you have a good day also!

Here is a link to a thread that is being monitored by one of our guys that checks and keeps track of RMA's and order numbers.
I have already requested for you, but you might want to post something in that thread also so that you are notified (with our remind system) right away. I will be going on a vacation soon so I might no be here to see his reply and notify you myself.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 01&page=1#pid167923

Sorry for the trouble you are having and I hope it gets resolved soon!
2015-7-15
Use props
deboldt
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Dave for your communications with everyone. It's really nice to see company members interacting with their customers. I currently have a Phantom 2+ and a Phantom 3 Pro. Love them both. I would like to share one suggestion regarding service which I have used twice. My P2 was damaged due to my bad flying so needed service. It did take 5 weeks to get it repair. Great job with the repair, but just seemed like a long time to get it back. Now my P3 is in for repairs because the gimbal stopped working. No crash or damage just quit working. Been checked in at DJI for 4 weeks. I'm hoping to hear something in the next week or 2. Ok here's a suggestion. I love how when calling tech service and waiting for a representative, you are notified on how many callers are before you and the expected wait time. I love this!  Could the same process be put in place for those waiting on repairs?  I think that would really help those (and me) stressing out to know if anything is happening. Thank again for your interaction.
2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

deboldt@machlin Posted at 2015-7-16 06:35
Thanks Dave for your communications with everyone. It's really nice to see company members interacti ...

That is a great idea! I will strongly suggest that with my supervisor and at our next team meeting. I can sympathize with the guys that have to wait for repairs. I would not want to be without my Inspire or Phantom for 6 weeks. I am hopeful that our repair turnaround time will improve. But if you have to wait it would at least be nice to get continual updates as to where you are in line.

2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Also...
We just moved into a much larger service and support center in California. I believe this will have a good impact on turnaround time for repairs once it is fully operational.
2015-7-15
Use props
deboldt
lvl.2

United States

DJI puts out nothing but great products. Having great customer service and technical support will keep them in the lead for a very long time.  Thanks for listening.
2015-7-15
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

davisjeffw@gmai Posted at 2015-7-15 22:45
Just curious, why did you decide to sell so quickly (something that is still under warranty)?

The reason I decided to sell it was that I had bought the P2V+ so I'd have something to fly while my Inspire was getting repaired (also for warranty problems). When the P3P came out, I decided to buy it and sell my 3-month old P2V+. But when I went to sell it, the WiFi module stopped working :-(
2015-7-15
Use props
johnk456
lvl.2

United States

I have to chime in. I have no affiliation with DJI.  Bot a opened box, non dji dealer vision plus2.  It fell out of sky, totally exploded. sent to DJI, yes it took 5 weeks but....Completely repaired, no cost, no questions asked.  I included a very detailed account of crash and I guess they accepted non pilot error.  Will not consider another drone when i got to purchase more for my business.  I am one of the 700 that has a FAA cert and will use DJI for all my equipment due to this experience. NAY Sayers.....you must not be living rite!!
2015-7-15
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-16 05:58
Sure thing. I hope you have a good day also!

Here is a link to a thread that is being monitored  ...

Thank you.
2015-7-16
Use props
davisjeffw
lvl.1

United States

Abe Posted at 2015-7-16 07:47
The reason I decided to sell it was that I had bought the P2V+ so I'd have something to fly while  ...

Ouch. 2 warranty issues out of 3 purchases is bad... Hope it all works out for you.
2015-7-17
Use props
AlS78
New

United States

I am happy for you.  Glad to hear some people have had success with DJI customer service.

I have not had anywhere near the same experience.  
2015-7-17
Use props
scott.harper4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767379 ft
United States

Just curious - I've seen several threads where several members have asked for general ideas of the cost for repairs and nobody answers.  Is there a particular reason you don't share the cost of the repair for the rest of us?
2015-7-21
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

scott.harper4@g Posted at 2015-7-22 02:52
Just curious - I've seen several threads where several members have asked for general ideas of the c ...

My cost was zero aside from shipping to them.
2015-7-21
Use props
kuprienko
New

United States

Posted in the wrong forum
2015-7-22
Use props
dgrucela
lvl.1

United States

RE: i am in the queue

I think I have read hundreds of comments and thought I would share my experience as well with what should be a warranty repair. My Phantom 3 Pro became possessed, and lost power and fell to the ground on its 12th day of ownership.

I was a little disappointed that the gimble holding the camera snapped off, but I called immediately. So far, DJI has been polite, and honest with repair times. It hasn't been that long yet, but if there is interest, I will post my experience through the process.  But so far, so good.
2015-8-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules