Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Withholding Product
1703 14 2015-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael5280
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409478 ft
United States

Another case of DJI's heavy-handed "customer service".  Due to delays in receiving batteries, opened a dispute with PayPal to try and work with DJI, but they seem to be in a different reality where they take a customer's money and not deliver the product that is purchased.  (Really enjoy their 'Have a nice day")

• 6/22/2015 08:39 PDT - Buyer:  The earlier the item is shipped and I receive a tracking number, the faster the case will be closed. Thank you.

• "6/25/2015 01:19 PDT - Seller: Dear Michael,I am really sorry that we cannot ship out your order if there is related case in paypal , would you please kindly help to cancel this case and then we will ship out your order as earlier as we can.Have a nice day"

2015-6-25
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Michael, I would never TELL someone what to do, but you might want to make contact with PP and forward the mentioned correspondence for their review.

Me thinks that there is an abuse of the system and PP doesn't take kindly to.  
2015-6-25
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-25
Use props
michael5280
lvl.2
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-26 01:59
Why would anyone with common sense use PayPal to buy anything valuable?

I didn't know batteries would be considered 'valuable' but hey if you say so.  Paypal has worked well for my other not-so-'valuable' purchases in the past with legit vendors.   Guess I'm learning something about DJI in this process.
2015-6-25
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-25
Use props
michael5280
lvl.2
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-26 02:22
I'm just kidding and didn't mean to offend.
Personally, I hate PayPal because I feel that using a ...

No offense taken.  If anything perhaps this will give insight on how PayPal handles conflicts and issues that come up.  If not so well.. guess it'll be my AMEX from here on.
2015-6-25
Use props
TAZ
lvl.2

United States

So just to clarify...you opened a dispute with PayPal in hopes to give you leverage in getting a shipment faster or to get their attention?  Is that correct?  Unfortunately I don't think that is a strategy that will work for you.  PayPal disputes are great for getting your money back as a last resort if you expect to cancel (or have canceled) your order.  The batteries are on back order, and DJI will likely hold your order, and just ship the product onto someone that does not have a dispute pending.

It kinda makes sense from their perspective as they have no guarantee you'll cancel your dispute in a timely manner, and in that case they'll be out of the product, and no money.  Just isn't in their best interests to do that.  I kinda think that's what the message to you is saying (although the broken English is hard to interpret) "We won't ship until you cancel your dispute". If you don't cancel the dispute, you will get your money back eventually...and DJI will have just shipped your product to someone that has paid without dispute.  But you won't have your ordered batteries, and will have to find another source, or order again.  Not what I'm guessing you wish to go through.

Couple questions for you?  When did you place your order?  Did you contact DJI and ask for a refund...or just go straight to PayPal?

I just got my batteries yesterday for an order I placed on 5/22.  It took them 4.5 weeks to deliver it to me...that's a long time, but within their communicated service window (Shipment within 15-20 working days).  The shipping label was printed on 6/19, which was exactly 20 working days...  Couple days for delivery, total time for delivery, 24 "working" days from payment...but they did just barely meet the 20 working days for "shipment".

I had emailed them (onlinesales@dji.com) during this timeframe (as when I first ordered, they were saying 10-15 days) yet they did respond with the updated shipping timeframe, AND offered to cancel my order if I elected to cancel my order and buy from a local dealer.  I chose to wait them out...and did eventually get my batteries.

So, my recommendation is to either find a local dealer with them in stock, email DJI and cancel your order....and allow the dispute process to work to get your money back from PayPal (which I believe can take 20+ days), or cancel your dispute...and give them a bit more time.  You'll be at their mercy and timeframes if you do that...but they are shipping product, eventually.  If time is of the essence, find a local dealer with stock.  I don't think having a pending dispute will force them to ship your product.  If you placed this order after 5/22 I'd submit that a little more patience is in order, as I'm a good example of how long it took for a successful shipment...eventually.
2015-6-25
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

michael5280 Posted at 2015-6-26 02:28
No offense taken.  If anything perhaps this will give insight on how PayPal handles conflicts a ...

I could swear that my PayPal purchases have been covered with longer than a 45 dispute period. I think they are now using something like 6 months.

My PayPal experiences have been positive, even going after sellers beyond the 45 day period.

I guess we'll all have to see what happens once the eBay strings are cut next month.
2015-6-25
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Been through exactly the same process today.
Opened  a dispute due to not receiving batteries ordered 6 weeks ago.
After being unable to answer any previous queries, within an hour they sent a message that I need to close the dispute, as they can't send goods if there's a dispute (about not sending goods!)
I just immediately escalated it since they still have no date they might be sent, and the charge has been refunded.
I already found two dealers with stock, one says they have at least 100 no problems at all could be here next day.

I bought my P3 direct from DJI and it went reasonably smoothly, though it was frustrating that they were arriving in the US 7-10 days before UK.
I won't buy direct again because if things don't go to plan they are so hopeless to deal with.
2015-6-25
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have also only had good experience with PayPal as a buyer, it seems very skewed towards protecting the buyer and I have always had them sort out problems I've had with purchases very well. I think they will only get better without EBay holding them back.
2015-6-25
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

Why would anyone with common sense use PayPal to buy anything valuable? Why would anyone order direc ...

some local dealers are charging  a lot more until 100%.(in stock items)
2015-6-25
Use props
michael5280
lvl.2
United States

TAZ Posted at 2015-6-26 03:54
So just to clarify...you opened a dispute with PayPal in hopes to give you leverage in getting a shi ...

Taz,

Appreciate the different perspective on your feedback and you have good points.  I ordered around the same time as you back in May.   Fortunately I did order my P3P from a dealer and that worked out well but they're quite a bit of drive away.   I could have sworn that when I ordered at that time, DJI's website said stock was available (and didn't have that 15 - 20 bus. day after payment confirmation footnote on there like they do now).   

You're right on the two options as well.... starting to lean towards just cancelling and getting batteries elsewhere.  

Or perhaps order a Walkera Runner 250 instead... that looks like a blast!
2015-6-25
Use props
dan
lvl.1

United States

Why would anyone with common sense use PayPal to buy anything valuable? Why would anyone order direc ...

So that I don't have to post my credit card info to a bunch of web sites open to cyber attacks.  I actually rarely conduct trade with businesses whom don't offer PayPal as a payment method.  RE: Home Depot, Bank of America, Target, etc.   If they can't protect consumer data, it is doubtful that a hobby dealer can either.

I don't agree with how DJI initially handled the second battery bundle, but since then they have done fine.  I just received my second desperately ordered battery today via FedEx.
2015-6-25
Use props
TAZ
lvl.2

United States

michael5280 Posted at 2015-6-26 04:44
Taz,

Appreciate the different perspective on your feedback and you have good points.  I ordered a ...

Glad I could offer a useful perspective...  I was in exactly the same boat as you (trying to decide to cancel, or wait it out)...  In my case waiting it out turned out to be the most timely option (and I already had 2 batteries).

However, if you decide to find a U.S. Dealer, I've maybe some great news for you.  I bought my initial P3P from CopterShop.  They had it in stock, and so I walked in and got it same day.  They are amazing, and communicate well (always answer emails with an hour, if they are open--usually within 5 minutes).  The spare battery came 4 weeks later as promised. The only reason I didn't get the extra batteries from them is because they were back ordered.  Their website is updated daily, and if something says it is in stock, it is and they will ship same day, if payment is received by 3PM Pacific Time.  I just looked again, and yesterday the had no batteries.  Today they are in stock...  It's currently 2PM so if you order within the hour, you'll likely get them within a few days (if you're in the U.S.).

They also only charge MSRP (no markup) and free shipping.  http://coptershop.com/collection ... or-phantom-3-series

Good luck!
2015-6-25
Use props
michael5280
lvl.2
United States

TAZ Posted at 2015-6-26 05:09
Glad I could offer a useful perspective...  I was in exactly the same boat as you (trying to decid ...

Taz,

Just a follow-up to this whole thread.  Paypal did a great job in resolving the conflict, cancelling my order and getting a refund quickly back to me.   I've followed up by purchasing a battery through your coptershop link and feel better that will go smoothly.   Like you said, they're prices are good and free shipping to boot.

Thanks!
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules