838 24 2020-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Just have to ask to see if it's me.
A few flight session ago(about 6 batteries) my flight data stopped totaling flight data Like distance, number of flights and time. I can see the daily flight record but it's not totaling. Air data Sync is on. Any suggestions, it's going to be simple I guess and I'm just trying to hard.
2020-10-15
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

Do you have auto-sync on?  Make sure that during your flight you turn off "Auto-sync flight data" in the "sync flight data" section of settings.  Once the flights are compete and you are done flying for the day you can turn the sync on again and let the complete flights upload.  

There is an issue with allowing auto-sync that causes the the app to only sync the first couple minutes of the flight and then stop.  There is a warning about it on the Airdata site as well.
2020-10-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's pure pot luck whether they upload or not.
2020-10-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ruzhye Posted at 10-15 17:07
Do you have auto-sync on?  Make sure that during your flight you turn off "Auto-sync flight data" in the "sync flight data" section of settings.  Once the flights are compete and you are done flying for the day you can turn the sync on again and let the complete flights upload.  

There is an issue with allowing auto-sync that causes the the app to only sync the first couple minutes of the flight and then stop.  There is a warning about it on the Airdata site as well.

... I'll try it this way.

So far I have been convinced that there is no solution to this problem .....
2020-10-16
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

Ruzhye Posted at 10-15 17:07
Do you have auto-sync on?  Make sure that during your flight you turn off "Auto-sync flight data" in the "sync flight data" section of settings.  Once the flights are compete and you are done flying for the day you can turn the sync on again and let the complete flights upload.  

There is an issue with allowing auto-sync that causes the the app to only sync the first couple minutes of the flight and then stop.  There is a warning about it on the Airdata site as well.

Yes I do have AS on just like I always have in the past. plus when you go to Flight Data it ask you to enable auto-sync also in my case I like to check drone GPS tracking with google earth mode.
Haven't read Airdata site yet. I do sometime fly with Wi-Fi off. I fly with a non-certified DJI tablet that is wi-fi  only that can connecting to my network from my drone flight pad.
2020-10-16
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 10-15 23:18
It's pure pot luck whether they upload or not.

I'm leaning that way too but, I'm going to fly a battery with my Samsung G 9+ today and see if it likes  cell data over wifi network sync. Like I mentioned this is new with my last few flight days using Samsung G Tab s3.
2020-10-16
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
United States

frankymusik Posted at 10-16 03:31

Let us know if it works.
2020-10-16
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
United States

3Recon Posted at 10-16 07:52
Yes I do have AS on just like I always have in the past. plus when you go to Flight Data it ask you to enable auto-sync also in my case I like to check drone GPS tracking with google earth mode.
Haven't read Airdata site yet. I do sometime fly with Wi-Fi off. I fly with a non-certified DJI tablet that is wi-fi  only that can connecting to my network from my drone flight pad.

Try a couple flights with auto-sync off and let them sync after you are done flying.  That might help.  If not it just delays the sync.
2020-10-16
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

frankymusik Posted at 10-16 03:31

Like I mentioned I going to try using my cell phone as a controller monitor it seems to be with my tablet this happens and that's the only different variable in my last few flight days. it's worth a battery try.
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3Recon Posted at 10-16 08:05
I'm leaning that way too but, I'm going to fly a battery with my Samsung G 9+ today and see if it likes  cell data over wifi network sync. Like I mentioned this is new with my last few flight days using Samsung G Tab s3.

Little update - I did three flights on Wednesday - I went into the flight records and the option to upload was there so I tapped it. One flight uploaded and the other two didn't. I went back into the flight record again today and it stated two flights not uploaded - tapped it again and now all three flights have uploaded. It took two days but got there in the end. If you delete your app for any reason before the upload is successful you will lose the flight records.

I think this has something to do with the DJI servers. Hence, it is pot luck but check on it now and then. Now I'm up to over 13 million feet
2020-10-16
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 10-16 08:17
Little update - I did three flights on Wednesday - I went into the flight records and the option to upload was there so I tapped it. One flight uploaded and the other two didn't. I went back into the flight record again today and it stated two flights not uploaded - tapped it again and now all three flights have uploaded. It took two days but got there in the end. If you delete your app for any reason before the upload is successful you will lose the flight records.

I think this has something to do with the DJI servers. Hence, it is pot luck but check on it now and then. Now I'm up to over 13 million feet

Few hours behind you haven't had a chance to try cell yet still doing house chores. are you using a device that is cell data capable?
2020-10-16
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 10-16 08:17
Little update - I did three flights on Wednesday - I went into the flight records and the option to upload was there so I tapped it. One flight uploaded and the other two didn't. I went back into the flight record again today and it stated two flights not uploaded - tapped it again and now all three flights have uploaded. It took two days but got there in the end. If you delete your app for any reason before the upload is successful you will lose the flight records.

I think this has something to do with the DJI servers. Hence, it is pot luck but check on it now and then. Now I'm up to over 13 million feet

Interesting, thanks for the update.  It does seem to just be hit or miss.
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3Recon Posted at 10-16 08:26
Few hours behind you haven't had a chance to try cell yet still doing house chores. are you using a device that is cell data capable?

Yep - iPhone XS. But I switch WiFi off when flying so when I get home and switch to WiFi from cellular the pop up to sync flight records is there. As I say, it is very unpredictable but don't delete your app like I have a couple of times or the flights will be lost. It's really quite annoying TBH - never had this issue with GO or GO4.
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ruzhye Posted at 10-16 08:26
Interesting, thanks for the update.  It does seem to just be hit or miss.

Just randomly said two flight records missing - tapped it and seconds later 33,000 feet added to my total. Should have happened 48 hours before but hey ho. At least they updated this time. I've lost countless miles in my total due to this defect
2020-10-16
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

AJ - I know a lot of our brothers and sisters have went the delete  and reinstall method for a fix haven't had to do for any issues yet.
2020-10-16
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 10-16 08:30
Just randomly said two flight records missing - tapped it and seconds later 33,000 feet added to my total. Should have happened 48 hours before but hey ho. At least they updated this time. I've lost countless miles in my total due to this defect

I don't have nearly as many as you, but I lost a number of miles early on as well.
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ruzhye Posted at 10-16 08:41
I don't have nearly as many as you, but I lost a number of miles early on as well.

Annoying isn't it
2020-10-16
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 10-16 09:26
Annoying isn't it

Very much, I don't enjoy having to take extra steps just to make sure that I don't lose the data.
2020-10-16
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

Well I did get up to fly this afternoon using my SG 9+and the flight data did upload. Besides my 9+ I had everything on and just after I went airborne I went into airplane mode and after depleting battery  and powering down drone and controller I turned airplane mode off. Some of the miles from my flight session had already started syncing and finished upload when requested. Lets see. On my phone it worked. website no.
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ruzhye Posted at 10-16 15:30
Very much, I don't enjoy having to take extra steps just to make sure that I don't lose the data.

2020-10-16
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
United States

3Recon Posted at 10-16 18:36
Well I did get up to fly this afternoon using my SG 9+and the flight data did upload. Besides my 9+ I had everything on and just after I went airborne I went into airplane mode and after depleting battery  and powering down drone and controller I turned airplane mode off. Some of the miles from my flight session had already started syncing and finished upload when requested. Lets see. On my phone it worked. website no.

Thanks for the update.  I've noticed with auto-sync on the phone that did the flight I can see all of the info, but any other device or online it isn't there.
2020-10-17
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

Ruzhye Posted at 10-17 07:28
Thanks for the update.  I've noticed with auto-sync on the phone that did the flight I can see all of the info, but any other device or online it isn't there.

Using my phone is a smaller package but I have to admit flying with my tablet is a more real-time larger screen experience I enjoy. It is odd though that my/the Samsung G. Tab s3 was developed to partner with the Galaxy 9+ and one made the DJI combatable list (9+) and the Tab s3 doesn't.At least I can see my flight data on my device, not able to share except verbly of air KM o well. I agree it's a Cloud thing hit and miss like AJ suggested. that is one of the reasons I still use the old fashion Hard drive for personal data (that another topic).
2020-10-17
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
United States

3Recon Posted at 10-17 08:34
Using my phone is a smaller package but I have to admit flying with my tablet is a more real-time larger screen experience I enjoy. It is odd though that my/the Samsung G. Tab s3 was developed to partner with the Galaxy 9+ and one made the DJI combatable list (9+) and the Tab s3 doesn't.

I haven't tried flying with a tablet, but I can see how that would be much more enjoyable.
2020-10-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ruzhye Posted at 10-16 08:11
Let us know if it works.

... unfortunately I cannot see any "systematics".
Times so and times so....
2020-10-17
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
United States

frankymusik Posted at 10-17 23:12
... unfortunately I cannot see any "systematics".
Times so and times so....

That's too bad, still not working right.
2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules