Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
S900 / A2 / LB / Zenmuse GH4 HD / GH3 Cam - No pass through video
1513 3 2015-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taguilar.elevat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63655 ft
United States

Ok I've stuggled with this issue for a few weeks...and I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong...

I have a standard setup S900 with A2 - Running LB (using Dbus) to the X2 port interfaced with a pair of Futaba 14sg radios - I am currently using the LB to control both the camera and the craft.  I am running the Zenmuse GH4 (HD) gimbal with the GH3 camera.  I have replaced the GH4 specific cable from the converted with the "GH3" specific cable twice.  I'm running the latest firmware on everything...I get no pass through video from the gimbal (sometimes I get some garble topass through) to the LB with the Zenmuse on either the HD or AV setting and from either the HDMI or USB ports.  I have tried switching the GH3 to just about every selectable format / even updated the firmware on the camera just in case - still same issue.

I gave up last week and bought the generic HDMI cable and hooked it straight from the camera to the AV in on the LB and I can pass Video now (although I can't spin the gimbal more than about 180 degrees - which is pointless in my opinion.  I can get video (non-HD) to pass through but no OSD information what so ever when plugging my Ipad Mini to the USB port - The osd and video can be passed via the HDMI port if I plan on bringing a moving van with a flat screen to every job I do...but again that's kind of pointless as well)

Does anyone know how to get a GH3 camera to pass video and osd information through lightbridge to either the HDMI or USB port using the gimbal mounted cable as I really need the 360 panning function.

The system is all new (less than 6 months old - mainly just sits in the garage as it's pretty useless without video passthrough properly).  I'm about ready to sell this setup and go away from DJI completely as I have posted in mutiple forums and even to DJI support directly and all I ever get back is that it "should work" - super helpful as always.  At this point I would really entertain almost any suggestion as this is just a 6k rotting away in the garage - may just throw LB away and try the connex system...I'm less than thrilled with the LB as it's only job is to pass through HD video - if I wanted to pass SD video I could have gotten an immersion vtx for a whole heck of a lot less - ok rant done...super frustrated and have spent way too much for a system that really should work out of the box...thanks in advance for the help.

2015-6-25
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi. I dont know if this would be the fix as I dont have the same set up as you...I have the GH3 gimbal and camera on one of my S1000's. But, after one of the updates for the GH3 you have to make sure the MODE (or apature depending how you have it mapped) channel is OPEN. I had mine working fine then updated and no video...took me a while and with a little help from one of the forum members we were able to track it down. If you're running Lightbridge make sure it its OPEN in there too...mine was open in A2 assistant and CLOSED on LB...go figure...anyway, other than that I dont have any other clue.

Good luck
Dennis
2015-6-29
Use props
maxx4wd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63655 ft
United States

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-6-29 22:51
Hi. I dont know if this would be the fix as I dont have the same set up as you...I have the GH3 gimb ...

Thanks Dennis - I will definately check this out...I'm not sure if the LB is open or not now that you say that...I don't have any reference to older firmware as I unwittingly updated all systems during the build process so it might be one of those skelitons in the closet so to speak...

I appreciate the info...most help I've received to date.
2015-6-29
Use props
eliandro torres
lvl.1

Brazil

apparently the DJI has launched a "bomb update"for LB and it appears that gradually all will stop work ( in My City 2  stopped in Less than one month with gopro 4, can not be ur case)  my 2 phantom with LB and GoPro 4 black were perfect until last week, so updated to latest version, in two days it stopped working  with GoPro (only with goPro, with canon mark ii, sj4000, bluray player works perfectly).
they need  sell the inspire and the phantom 3.
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules