Anyone else getting Battery communication errors?
2869 11 2015-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

I get these errors but not on every flight. Do I need to be concerned, usually only comes up once and disappears in less than a second.
Phantom 2 Vision + Ver. 3
Examples:
! MC Data Error
MCU INVALID BATTERY
COMMUNICATION ERROR

! AIRCRAFT BATTERY
PLEASE FLY CAREFULLY

I noticed on my last flight that the battery % showed 0 then jumped back to 83%.
I can only see this when recording the Android Screen during flight. It just pops up and goes away.
I sometimes see it when connected to Software Assistant. Just pops up and goes away.
I clean my battery connections often with contact cleaner.
Have 4 batteries, 2 with about 14 charges and 2 with 5 charges.  No correlation with which battery is in use
2015-6-25
Use props
corso_tony
lvl.2

United States

Has happened to me the last two days on one of my batteries.  Starts out fully charged...I get that message...then low battery warning and comes home automatically.
2015-6-25
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

*wrong phantom forum*
2015-6-25
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

Yes.
Happen to me twice :-(
Some one help?
2015-9-15
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

I don't think you are going to get much help about this issue here. I just quit worrying about it when it pops up. Has not caused any issues. Mostly happens when I am doing a fast yaw or full power climb, then it goes away.
2015-9-18
Use props
info
New

United Kingdom

jonnied2010 Posted at 2015-9-18 15:36
I don't think you are going to get much help about this issue here. I just quit worrying about it wh ...

I've had the same error multiple times. First time I saw it, I started to descend the Phantom to land, but then it suddenly cut out and fell about 30M or so, before starting again, upon which, it suddenly shot off in a random direction until I lost sight !

Luckily, several minutes later, I spotted it far off in the sky, it had entered "return home" mode and flew back.
I have tried flying with both batteries, and warning message pops up using either.

I have lost complete confidence in it, and will not fly it.

The Phantom is only 6 months old and I have updated to latest 3.14 firmware.
2015-11-11
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

info@ensite.co. Posted at 2015-11-11 09:18
I've had the same error multiple times. First time I saw it, I started to descend the Phantom to l ...

DJI, any info on this issue yet?
2016-1-6
Use props
Cuington
lvl.1
United States

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this. Mine started in October. I first thought that maybe I missed charging one of my 4 batts. It would all of sudden show 20% or 30% and immediately start descending. I changed batteries and it did it again, but this time it landed hard and broke a couple of props. I marked thiose batts as bad. I began researching battery calibration, thinking that maybe the cells had somehow become unbalanced, but no where in the DJI site did I find an answer. I didn't even npbither trying to contact DJI because they're never any help.

It did it again over the Christmas holidays, but it kept jumping back and forth between 35% and back up to 83%. But it would start descending again, then jump back into flight. This time with only one of the batts.

This is scary, and we need a solution, quickly.

DJI, are you out there listening somewhere? Help, or something may happen that won't be pretty.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Cuington Posted at 2016-1-7 11:46
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this. Mine started in October. I first thought th ...

Have you connected the aircraft to Assistant to check the battery information ? Maybe you should try to get the battery discharged and recharge it .
2016-1-6
Use props
Cuington
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-7 01:19
Have you connected the aircraft to Assistant to check the battery information ? Maybe you should t ...

I have discharged and recharged many times, and get the same result. I haven't hooked up to the Assistant to see what the battery is doing. What info about the battery would the Assistant show?

Thanks for the ideas!
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Cuington Posted at 2016-1-8 10:29
I have discharged and recharged many times, and get the same result. I haven't hooked up to the As ...

If the problem stays the same , please contact your dealer or support center . The battery information shows as you can see in the picture .
Battery Information.jpg
America Support.jpg
2016-1-7
Use props
Cuington
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-8 10:41
If the problem stays the same , please contact your dealer or support center . The battery informa ...

Much thanks! I'll try the things listed in the information and see what happens.
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules