Every known Specs and Tips of Pocket 2 (RAW + JPG removed)
123Next >
10990 89 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Screenshot_2020-10-20 DJI Pocket Series Comparison – Osmo Pocket and DJI Pocket.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional information found.

Minimum Focul distance is 10cm Photo 20cm Video...

Active Tracking 3.0 is disabled in 4K 60P and 4K 30P High Quality mode...

It supports Pro Mode and D-Cinelike as before...

Now support Gimbal Lock mode...

Pocket 1's wireless module can be used with Pocket 2...

Directional Mic is available on Pro Mode...

Pocket 2 still devide video files at 4GB...

Do-It-All Handle has 3.5mm jack for headphone/mic connection...

Do-It-All Handle has a built in speaker for video playback...

Do-It-All Handle has no additional battery in it...

Pocket 2 Turns on/off faster than Pocket 1...

Now Pocket 2 can pause video recording (by long press record button) and resume...

Case has attachment poinst for mini tripod and Wiress Mic transmitter...

Do-It-All Handle's 3.5mm support TRS and TRRS microphone...

Do-It-All Handle's Firmware can be updated...

Mini control stick support Osmo Pocket 1...

002.PNG

Now in Pro mode, ISO is set to auto Max ISO value. So you can set ISO Max 800 at night and ISO change with in the value...
(BIG Thanks DJI for listning to request I made years ago. )

003.PNG

Now Timelapse can shoot RAW!!! and you can set Timelape video's framrate...

Stereo and Mono recoding can be selected...

Pocket 2 has a Drop Aware function and will lock to gimbal when drop is ditected...

Now two video quality settings are called "Battery Saver" and "High Quality"...

Over exposure warning option is added...

In Storymode, no more DJI logo appear in end of the video but users can choose their own end card...

Glamore effect can only applied in 1080 30P or below...

You cannot use data port and Do-It-All Handle sametime...

Wireless Mic Transmitter's link button can work as a remote shutter button...

Wireless Mic Transmitter's Firmware can be updated...

Mini control stick' Firmware can be updated...

8X zoom in 64MP photo mode...

4X zoom in 16MP photo mode and 1080P video mode...

3X zoom in 2.7K video mode...

2X zoom in 4K video mode...

004.PNG

Pocket 2 has a livestream mode in mimo app... (confirmed by DJI)

Mimo App Livestream mode support Facebook, YouTube and RTMP protocol...

Slowmotion video has 17% crop... (which is better than 49% crop of Pocket 1)

001.PNG

Phone compatibility can be found from Mimo app product page... (Which is never updated)
(Basically if Phone's OS version matches, phone should be compatible with Pocket 2)
(But old Android phones with micro-USB port cannot activate the Pocket 2 unless using USB-C to Micro-USB adaptor)

Both mono and stereo recording supported using with the  DJI  Pocket 2 Do -it-all handle...

If use a wireless mic, it only support  the mono...

Both earphones and headphones supported...

Currently only support audio recording and playback, monitoring is not supported...

Support the earphones' input and output but does not support doing it at the same time...

Connecting earphone with mic will not damage your mic/earphone, and audio output will automatically transfer to the mic when  you plug in...

002.PNG

Now 0.5 and 1 second timelapse interval is possible in Pocket 2...

003.PNG

Upto 4K  Hyperlapse is now possible  in Pocket 2...

In Photo mode, RAW + JPG mode is removed...

2020-10-20
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

my Question is if we can use the filters and lenses from the Pocket 1 also at the Pocket 2?
2020-10-20
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

kupoakupoa Posted at 10-20 05:27
my Question is if we can use the filters and lenses from the Pocket 1 also at the Pocket 2?

DJI store is selling Pocket 1's ND filters for Pocket 2.
So must be compatible.
2020-10-20
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

One thing is that if seem when turn off, gimbal head face backward as a storage position.
These could mean attaching ND fileters and Wide angle lens and turnning off is not possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

001.PNG

Self answering.
There is enough gap that thin ND filters might be ok to be attached and turnned off.

(Added, if Wide angle lens is attahced Pocket 2 knows it and does not turn the gimbal head backward. Clever.)

Interesting enough, Pocket 2's gimbal head is shoter and narrower than Pocket 1 despite the bigger sensor with larger lens.
But the both side motor hub is much thicker, could mean more power for heavier accessary attachment.
ND filter for Wide Andgle lens anyone?

2020-10-20
Use props
Soundie
lvl.2
Norway

First impression is that the wifi module makes the unit a lot larger than the osmo pocket one. Thats a dissapointment.
2020-10-20
Use props
Ryujin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 127543 ft
France

Maximum shutter speed again 8 seconds? DJI hadn't heard any reviews. But for some reason, they added microphones. I almost never used audio from a recorded video in the first version. Now about the mechanical stabilizer. Also, there is no free 360-degree rotation for normal panoramic shooting?
2020-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This will be a real plus, I have selfie stick under water kit and so many other accessories. This will be a great result.
2020-10-20
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Soundie Posted at 10-20 05:52
First impression is that the wifi module makes the unit a lot larger than the osmo pocket one. Thats a dissapointment.

You can still use Pocket 1's wireless module.

Longger grip with Do-It-All Handle could be a good thing for people with bigger hand.
(Not me...)
2020-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 10-20 05:32
One thing is that if seem when turn off, gimbal head face backward as a storage position.
These could mean attaching ND fileters and Wide angle lens and turnning off is not possible.

I looked at iphonedo video and it seems this will not be a problem also pocket 2 knows it has a filter on so will slow the process of starting and shutting down to compensate.

Looking at the drop in price and what new features the much improved sound wider field of view and bigger sensor, the fact it hasn’t lost its size is a real plus for me and more than enough for me to purchase. Looking forward to using it now.
2020-10-20
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 06:13
I looked at iphonedo video and it seems this will not be a problem also pocket 2 knows it has a filter on so will slow the process of starting and shutting down to compensate.

Looking at the drop in price and what new features the much improved sound wider field of view and bigger sensor, the fact it hasn’t lost its size is a real plus for me and more than enough for me to purchase. Looking forward to using it now.

Yeah. I was watching iPhonedo's review the part he mention about automatic parking when I find your reply.
2020-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ryujin Posted at 10-20 05:59
Maximum shutter speed again 8 seconds?  DJI hadn't heard any reviews. But for some reason, they added microphones. I almost never used audio from a recorded video in the first version. Now about the mechanical stabilizer. Also, there is no free 360-degree rotation for normal panoramic shooting?

You cannot achieve full 360 roll but you can get very close to it by using some slight cheating. The 8 seconds could be improved, I will say though doing a lot of long exposures 95% of would fall below 8 seconds, maybe FW update.

2020-10-20
Use props
Ryujin
lvl.3
Russia

Tide Posted at 10-20 06:10

Longger grip with Do-It-All Handle could be a good thing for people with bigger hand.

Wi-Fi, which slows down quite well Such pleasure. Overall, this is a fairly low-key update. No wow effect, but not too bad either.
2020-10-20
Use props
Ryujin
lvl.3
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 06:19
You cannot achieve full 360 roll but you can get very close to it by using some slight cheating. The 8 seconds could be improved, I will say though doing a lot of long exposures 95% of would fall below 8 seconds, maybe FW update.

There will be no updates in this plan if this was not done at the start of sales. We know from the first version.
2020-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ryujin Posted at 10-20 05:59
Maximum shutter speed again 8 seconds?  DJI hadn't heard any reviews. But for some reason, they added microphones. I almost never used audio from a recorded video in the first version. Now about the mechanical stabilizer. Also, there is no free 360-degree rotation for normal panoramic shooting?

That lack of true 360 is a real miss
2020-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 06:13
I looked at iphonedo video and it seems this will not be a problem also pocket 2 knows it has a filter on so will slow the process of starting and shutting down to compensate.

I'm still waiting for some 'real user' reviews.
Especially for the motion timelapse.
If that is any good I might pull the trigger.
2020-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 06:19

You you know if the aperture is fixed?
2020-10-20
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I´m not full convinced too of the buy this time.. maybe its better to sleepover the decision.
2020-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-20 06:48
You you know if the aperture is fixed?

Yes just like the smaller drones, two things would make this perfect Manual aperture and manual focus, not that you need them all the time, but they are there when you need them. Was also surprised that HDR was limited to 2.7k. But overall it’s $20 cheaper and it’s a whole lot better than pocket 1 .
2020-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-20 06:48
I'm still waiting for some 'real user' reviews.
Especially for the motion timelapse.
If that is any good I might pull the trigger.

All I can tell you is it’s really good on Osmo pocket 1, maybe with wider field of view and bigger sensor will make it even better.
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_63V4kc9lajv6
New
United States

Still no live stream capability, so I will not be upgrading my OP1.
2020-10-20
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

djiuser_63V4kc9lajv6 Posted at 10-20 07:19

No live stream and Web cam capability is a question mark.
I though these two were the most tranding feature this days.

I wonder why DJI didn't include it and if there is any chance for Firmware update the features.
2020-10-20
Use props
jpeterson89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3714 ft
  • >>>
United States

It appears, due to the slightly larger size, that some of the original accessories (i.e. waterproof case and charging case) will not work with the Pocket 2.  Not sure the upgrade is worth it if I have to replace all of the accessories. Can DJI or anyone confirm this?
2020-10-20
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

2020-10-20
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

I've owned the Osmo for iphone, Osmo+, Osmo Pocket -- DJI doesn't do the needed upgrades current customers need. I can't trust DJI to support the customer needs in this product either. Example Still no live stream for the current Osmo Pocket -- Action has it... why not Pocket? Customers have been asking for this since it came out.  Does the Pocket 2? I didn't see it in the specs...

HDMI out?  Even cheap $50 action cams on amazon have this... Not the Pocket 2.
2020-10-20
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

jpeterson89 Posted at 10-20 07:48
It appears, due to the slightly larger size, that some of the original accessories (i.e. waterproof case and charging case) will not work with the Pocket 2.  Not sure the upgrade is worth it if I have to replace all of the accessories. Can DJI or anyone confirm this?

Into the waterproof case e.g. it won't fit i guess, the 1 goes very tight in... I am very happy with Pocket 1. If I didn't have one, I would definitely strike now ...
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi kupoakupoa, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Pocket 2 Wide-Angle Lens is can be used with the Osmo Pocket. But the Osmo Pocket Lens is not compatible with the DJI Pocket 2 on the other hand the ND filters from the Osmo Pocket 1 is compatible with the Osmo Pocket 2. Thank you.
2020-10-20
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-20 08:20
Hi kupoakupoa, thank you for reaching out. The DJI Pocket 2 Wide-Angle Lens is can be used with the Osmo Pocket. But the Osmo Pocket Lens is not compatible with the DJI Pocket 2 on the other hand the ND filters from the Osmo Pocket 1 is compatible with the Osmo Pocket 2. Thank you.

Good to know.
Probably because of the different FOV.
2020-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

They are selling the dji selfie stick so that fits. But dimensions for the charger need to be very close as it fits very snugly.
2020-10-20
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

i order my Pocket 2 now. better Timelapse and wider field of view convince me at least. will make comparison video with Osmo Pocket then.
2020-10-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi Tide. You asked 'HDR Video is good but only 2.7K and 1080P upto 30fps support? why?'  Maybe maximum bit rate of transfer to card limits? If you can't get the data to the card in real time I don't think there is any buffer memory in these products.
2020-10-20
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

djiuser_63V4kc9lajv6 Posted at 10-20 07:19

It looks like Pocket 2 has a Livestream function after all.

2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_vPjL8ZjeQhut
lvl.2
United States

I would like to know if the minimum interval for the motionlapse has been decreased - on OP1 it is 2-3 seconds, I was hoping Pocket 2 could do a little bit shorter interval of 1 second. Also, can timelapse/motionlapse videos be saved in 4K straight from the Pocket 2? OP1 only does 1080p, so I’ve had to do timelapse photos instead of videos in order to convert them to 4K afterwards - getting a 4K lapse video straight from the camera would be huge for me. Lastly, did DJI add any way to turn off the screen while recording a timelapse on the Pocket 2? It’s annoying that my OP1 screen stays on the entire time (unless I connect it to my phone and keep the Mimo app open, which doesn’t help). If anyone can answer those questions for me, I’d appreciate it!
2020-10-20
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ordered. let's see how long it'll take to get here.
2020-10-20
Use props
Robb OConnor
lvl.4
United Kingdom

From DJI.com FAQ on OP2 so a lot of acessories compatible with both
2020-10-20
Use props
Soundie
lvl.2
Norway

Tide Posted at 10-20 06:10

How could that work when the dimensions of the Pocket 2 are different from Osmo Pocket?
2020-10-20
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-20 10:44
Hi Tide. You asked 'HDR Video is good but only 2.7K and 1080P upto 30fps support? why?'  Maybe maximum bit rate of transfer to card limits? If you can't get the data to the card in real time I don't think there is any buffer memory in these products.

That is a possibility but Osmo Action and Mavic Air 2 supports HDR upto 4K 30P.
Mavic Air 2 is 120Mbps but Osmo Action is same 100Mbps...

There must be processing power of data transfer difference between those three but...
If HDR is limited and digital zoom is not Sensor cropping (instead of pixel cropping), I don't see much justification for 64MP instead of 12MP. (12MP would been better in low light even if 64 can do 4 pixel binning...)

Quarious...
2020-10-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 10-20 11:39
That is a possibility but Osmo Action and Mavic Air 2 supports HDR upto 4K 30P.
Mavic Air 2 is 120Mbps but Osmo Action is same 100Mbps...

Hi Tide.
Lack of available types of chips and sensors that could be used?
Who knows?

Ray.

2020-10-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

So is this fixed focus like the Fimi Palm, as the field of view is so wide?  And if variable focus, I wonder what type and whether there will initially be the same focus issues that affected the Pocket 1.

All in all, very attractive.  For me, a big plus is that it can be used with the DJI extension rod, which really is a great creative tool.
2020-10-20
Use props
RailwayFX
lvl.2
Russia

Does motionlapse and hyperlapse also support RAW DNG and in what resolution does it shoot them?
2020-10-20
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-20 12:55
So is this fixed focus like the Fimi Palm, as the field of view is so wide?  And if variable focus, I wonder what type and whether there will initially be the same focus issues that affected the Pocket 1.

All in all, very attractive.  For me, a big plus is that it can be used with the DJI extension rod, which really is a great creative tool.

It’s a variable focus.
Hybrid focus 2.0 (meaning phase detection + contrast detection)
Early youtubers mentioned focus is way better than launching state of Pocket 1 but do has minor focus hunting. DJI answered them would improved focus with Firmware 1.1 (likely a launching firmware)
2020-10-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules