Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Poll] Firmware update request to DJI
12Next >
9394 50 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Vote for the functions you want DJI to add or fix with Firmware update.

Let DJI hear what user wants.

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 16 entry optional ), Total 185 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A very useful wishlist and so much doable. Good job.
2020-10-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

If the audio / video sync at the file split is perfect, then that's not a concern to me  Otherwise, it's pretty essential.  And if the wide lens doesn't focus in the first place - do we know this one way or the other - no point in having focus control!
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tide. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our engineers can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and enjoy with the DJI Pocket 2.
2020-10-20
Use props
Wiz33
Captain
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

What we saw on all the reviews are still beta firmware so I'm going to hold off on any request till I actually have a unit in hand and had some time to play with it.
2020-10-20
Use props
philipv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1509 ft
Philippines

Thank you Tide for the list.
2020-10-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Hi Tide.  I think I'm with Wiz 33 on this one. I think not having a 4GB split may have an impact on those not able to process such files so while I'd be happy with it, it could put others off. Also how much heat comes off that tiny little sensor?  I don't want to have to cope with dealing with hot pixels if that is why the exposure time is still 8 seconds. The rest, if possible seem reasonable.
2020-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe here should be a priority poll too.
2020-10-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Extensive list of potential upgrades - good work
2020-10-21
Use props
Zakkorn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 669442 ft
Greece

The 4GB split has to do with the format of the SD card. The only format that supports files larger than 4GB is the NTFS. But this is only for windows. FAT16 or 32 are both for Macs as well. Thats why companies are supporting them.
2020-10-21
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Zakkorn Posted at 10-21 08:46
The 4GB split has to do with the format of the SD card. The only format that supports files larger than 4GB is the NTFS. But this is only for windows. FAT16 or 32 are both for Macs as well. Thats why companies are supporting them.
Pocket 2 also supports exFAT format as well which is capable of file size larger than 4GB and works on both Mac and Windows.
2020-10-21
Use props
Zakkorn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 669442 ft
Greece

Tide Posted at 10-21 09:30
Pocket 2 also supports exFAT format as well which is capable of file size larger than 4GB and works on both Mac and Windows.

I always forget exFAT . I am too old.
2020-10-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 10-21 09:30
Pocket 2 also supports exFAT format as well which is capable of file size larger than 4GB and works on both Mac and Windows.

The problem with large file sizes is people have to have a way to play them back. Not everyone is using equipment that could handle file sizes over 4GB. If anyone is still using a 32 bit operating system they can not access files of over 4GB.
2020-10-21
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-21 13:03
The problem with large file sizes is people have to have a way to play them back. Not everyone is using equipment that could handle file sizes over 4GB. If anyone is still using a 32 bit operating system they can not access files of over 4GB.

Yes legacy support is one of the benefit.

If I remember correctly, DJI already answered it in forum before that Pocket works in FAT with SD card below 64GB and exFAT with 64GB and above.

And the reason they still split the file in exFAT is for stability in recording large file (if corrupt only portion of video will lost) and as you said the legacy support.

But there was a user report that split file got a few frame of sound missing. If it is fixed with Pocket 2 then no problem. (I am not really shooting that long of the scene but some do so...)
2020-10-21
Use props
RailwayFX
lvl.1
Russia

Also you could mention h265 10bit codec support and sharpness control ;)
2020-10-22
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

RailwayFX Posted at 10-22 15:53
Also you could mention h265 10bit codec support and sharpness control ;)

Haha that was my original whislist but figured asking too much. Then iPhone 12 comes with 10bit...
2020-10-24
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

New tutorial video confirmed that 0.5 second and 1 second timelapse interval is possible in Pocket 2.
2020-10-29
Use props
RobCass
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Surprised they omitted Webcam as all other camera manufacturers have recently implemented it. Would be great to track your face and automatically move the gimbal during a long WebEx when you move around a little bit, you would stay center screen. DJI has the option to one up others as they cannot auto track with a standard digital camera (unless they attach a gimbal which is a bit overkill for a WebEx).
2020-10-29
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

DJI somehow locked ISO 3200 and 6400 unavailable in D-Cinelike mode.
So I added it to the poll.
2020-11-4
Use props
chririva
lvl.4

Poland

"2. HDR video will be available in a future firmware update."
Future is actually when?

The funny thing when you buy those toys is that they are supposed to have any feature according to their presentation on the website, but nothing is actually working at the maximum quality or they are completely missing.
I am buying the product with less features, I should get a discount. I will send a complaint to amazon to get partial refund due to the missing features.

By the way, they talk about bigger sensor, more light, better quality. It literally sucks in low light. My 4years old phone shots at the same way, honestly.
2020-11-12
Use props
Mgozer
First Officer
Italy

I think the most urget thing to do is to add some contrast to the Normal color profile, which appears to be too flat.
Normal profile should be suitable for using straight out of the sd card, without any modification and, as it is now, is a way worst than the original Osmo Pocket.
In addition, it would be nice to have a fix for the slight barrel distortion present in the Dji pocket 2.

First picture: Osmo Pocket
Second picture DJI pocket 2

2020-11-14
Use props
Mgozer
First Officer
Italy

Another suggestion:
Since the new mini joystick is totally digital in its behavior (compared to the analogue wheel of the original osmo pocket), I think it would be nice to have the chance to change not only to the speed of the camera tilt, but also the smoothness.
With that, I mean a function allowing the tilt to automatically and gradually reduce its speed to zero when the user stops operating the joystick.
It looks bad as it is right now, with the camera movement suddenly stopping.
2020-11-25
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Mgozer Posted at 11-25 01:53
Another suggestion:
Since the new mini joystick is totally digital in its behavior (compared to the analogue wheel of the original osmo pocket), I think it would be nice to have the chance to change not only to the speed of the camera tilt, but also the smoothness.
With that, I mean a function allowing the tilt to automatically and gradually reduce its speed to zero when the user stops operating the joystick.

That's true, current joystick cannot ease in and out.
I will add it to the poll.

2020-11-25
Use props
Zigiholmes
New

South Africa

Compatibility for XT30 please. Its a must.
2020-11-26
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Zigiholmes Posted at 11-26 01:07
Compatibility for XT30 please. Its a must.

What is XT30?
Fuji film X-T30?
2020-11-26
Use props
alexmbraMav
First Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

Dji needs to fix the tracking. Pocket 1 has a good tracking feature, but Pocket 2 it is almost unusable.  I just tried today again, tracking a not moving object while I was movig the Pocket 2. Well, after a few seconds it lost the object. And it jumps a lot, not smooth at all.
2020-12-9
Use props
TommyBento
lvl.4
United States

Not sure if this has been addressed but would it be possible to get D-Cina 4K 60p with the do-it-all-handle attached?
2020-12-13
Use props
Ancoats
lvl.3

Australia

Auto Exposure Bracketing
2020-12-23
Use props
djiuser_RTnOR5KIT5oU
New

Ukraine

Add Getsure controlled shooting modes . This is strange to not have it . all DJI gimbals and all their drones have it . why you cripple your own product , and in fact not cheapest from your line . Osmo mobile 3 have it but  cost way less.
2020-12-27
Use props
Buckybuck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24970 ft
United States

A little late, but how about fixing the ND filter detection algorithm so that it does something useful, like park the head backwards when you turn off the Pocket. And maybe even automatically set the shutter speed to twice the frame rate when you put a ND filter on.
2020-12-27
Use props
DHW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063596 ft
United States

Would be great if DJI bring back (just like Osmo Pocket) JPEG+RAW. At the moment, you could only shot in JPEG or RAW.
2020-12-31
Use props
Alien433
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice features some of the are must to have other wish to have.
2021-1-1
Use props
KennyBroh
lvl.1

United States

Webcam is essential
2021-1-3
Use props
Nathan.L
lvl.3

Canada

Should also address the artifacts of compression and the image quality loss at higher frame rates.
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_R1UN5oqXbfDz
lvl.1
Poland

+1 Hevc support.
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_tsRXVv1BW6Z1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 813284 ft
United States

Zoom functionality for Extension Rod & Pocket 2.!

Having the do-it-all handle connected for wireless mic drains the battery enough as is.. Connecting the phone via do-it-all not only makes the Pocket as hot as a charcoal hand-warmer,   but it’s battery life gives out just as fast too...

It could easily be “triple press” of the “FN” button as we do not need 2 (‘camera icon’) different commands to  ‘flip’ the gimbal like we have in the current configuration. It could also be “double or triple press” of camera icon button.
2021-1-7
Use props
Horndog2000
lvl.1

Thailand

I observed the following or maybe I overlooked something: Did I understand right that there is no way to see on the Pocket 2 display in which of the 3 gimbal modes I currently am?

Therefore the only way to find out is by toggling each time through the 3 modes and stop at the desired one.

Sounds like a great upgrade for the next firmware update to place a small icon next to the battery icon indicating in which of the 3 modes I currently am.
2021-1-19
Use props
djiuser_LgExQ2pYgxAN
lvl.3

Sweden

I'd like a 2,3k mode in 4:3 or 16:9, essentially pixel binning the 16mp 4:1 to 2304x1728 or for 16:9 2304x1296
2021-2-12
Use props
Itarrow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14728 ft
Italy

Voted, anyway first priority for me would be better video noise reduction in 4K battery saving and high quality.
2021-3-20
Use props
Mgozer
First Officer
Switzerland

for me, the first priorities would be:
-fix active track
-better image quality
-custom color profile (possibility to customize contrast, saturation, gamma, brightness, sharpness and so on)
2021-3-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules