United Kingdom

Hi there!

Can pls someone clarify me, when you check the compatibility list

https://www.dji.com/uk/support/compatibility?product=ronin-s&from=sub_nav

for

Stabilizer: new Ronin RS 2
Camera: Sony A7M3
Lens: Sony FE 24-70 F2.8 GM

What are these two columns for: Balance (Short End) and Balance (Long End)
Why they are not filled both with green ticks?

Thanks!

2020-10-22
Use props
Yar Vishnyakov
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Team, can you please help with the question above. It is really unclear for me. What exactly does this mean.  It looks like (my guess) it is related to zoom lenses, I was trying to understand this looking over all combinations. I thound some weird things (without gaining understanding though)  1. If you compare Balance (Lond End) for  for RSC2 combination of A7M3 + FE 24-70 F2.8 GM for RS 2 combination of A7M3 + FE 24-70 F2.8 GM RSC2 has same profile for Short and Long balance (everything ticked) RS 2 is not ticked  So major gimbal has less functionality than smaller gimbal?  2. May be I am wrong that this is related to zoom lenses only? I found that  DJI RS 2 + A7M3 + FE 55mm F1.8 has 2 columns (Short and long end)  This completely confused me with all my guesses.  please help.
2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Yar Vishnyakov Posted at 10-27 01:44
DJI Team, can you please help with the question above. It is really unclear for me. What exactly does this mean.  It looks like (my guess) it is related to zoom lenses, I was trying to understand this looking over all combinations. I thound some weird things (without gaining understanding though)  1. If you compare Balance (Lond End) for  for RSC2 combination of A7M3 + FE 24-70 F2.8 GM for RS 2 combination of A7M3 + FE 24-70 F2.8 GM RSC2 has same profile for Short and Long balance (everything ticked) RS 2 is not ticked  So major gimbal has less functionality than smaller gimbal?  2. May be I am wrong that this is related to zoom lenses only? I found that  DJI RS 2 + A7M3 + FE 55mm F1.8 has 2 columns (Short and long end)  This completely confused me with all my guesses.  please help.

Hello there, sorry for our belated reply.

According to the compatibility information you mentioned above, it indicates that when the lens are with long end, the gravity of the camera will be anteverted. Therefore, the focus motor & the image transmitter cannot be well-balanced together with the camera on the the gimbal. That's the reason why we need to separate the lens condition into short and long.

Hope this is clear to you.
Let us know if you still have further questions on the camera balance information.
2020-10-27
Use props
Yar Vishnyakov
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-27 03:15
Hello there, sorry for our belated reply.

According to the compatibility information you mentioned above, it indicates that when the lens are with long end, the gravity of the camera will be anteverted. Therefore, the focus motor & the image transmitter cannot be well-balanced together with the camera on the the gimbal. That's the reason why we need to separate the lens condition into short and long.

Wanda, thanks a lot for the clarification. I appreciate your help.

Can you comment please on these questions:
1.  Am I right that for RSC2 it is possible to calibrate both short and long end of the combination (SONY a7m3 + FE 24-70 F2.8 GM). But same combination can not be calibrated on the long end for more senior RS2? Sounds weird for me.
2. How you interpret this for combination RS2 + Sony A7M3 + FE55mm F1.8. Lens has single focal position. What does short and long end mean in this case (or it is just an error on the website)?
3.  for zoom lenses where is this limit between short and long end? for the combination from question 1, what is short end set-up? For FE 24-70 F2.8 GM will it be 50, 55, 60 focal length?

thanks!
2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Yar Vishnyakov Posted at 10-27 03:30
Wanda, thanks a lot for the clarification. I appreciate your help.

Can you comment please on these questions:

Hello, sorry for the previous reply. We just checked with the camera testing team, the lens with long ends actually can be balanced on all 4 conditions. We will correct the information on our website and sorry again for bringing any misunderstanding.
2020-10-27
Use props
Yar Vishnyakov
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-27 03:54
Hello, sorry for the previous reply. We just checked with the camera testing team, the lens with long ends actually can be balanced on all 4 conditions. We will correct the information on our website and sorry again for bringing any misunderstanding.

No worries. Finally sorted, no discordance now in my mind))
2020-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules