P3P 06/15 FIRMWARE FATAL FILE OVERWRITE ISSUE
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
d_0618.hotmail
New

United States

Every time I swamp out the battery, it starts to write file from 001.mov/jpg/etc again, and in the same folder. If you have files recorded with the previous battery with identical file name, it will be overwritten. I lost about 30 min footage from two trips until I realized this issue. This happened after I updated to the latest firmware which is dated 06/15. Bad bad experience! Lost of data is the last thing I want to deal with other than crashing. You guys BE AWARE. backup the files everytime you change battery, until they fix the issue.
2015-6-25
Use props
zjtakesphotos
New

United States

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-6-26 18:46
As a matter of interest if you take out the same battery and put it back - does the problem still ha ...

I didn't try that. However I figured out a temporary solution. I changed the file saving option to continuous so that the file won't restart from 001 with a new battery.  just for your guys reference. good luck.
2015-6-28
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Hi zjtakesphotos, I think this is a good point to bear in mind - to change the file saving option to continuous when flying with several batteries. Thanks for sharing.
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules