506 9 2020-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doug86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309478 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been flying almost every day this month with no issues. Zero problems, everything was great. I flew 3 different missions yesterday without a problem. This morning, with topped up batteries, I went to launch, and the M2P simply refuses to link to the controller. I attempted to create the link again via the Go4 app instructions with no luck, so I brought it all home and 'refreshed' all the firmware on the controller and the aircraft and the problem persists. I previously updated the latest versions of firmware back in the beginning of October, including all 3 batteries, and today the DJI Assistant 2 said everything I plugged in was the latest version, but I let it "refresh" everything anyway.

I've even tried connecting the iphone via a USB cable to bypass the stock tiny cable, with no difference.

I've tried the link process in every way, using the 3 button method, the software in the GoFly app, and of course always pressing the tiny button on the aircraft itself. All the displays say "linking" or "binding" but it never happens...

I've never crashed or had other issues, and I've had this drone for over 12 months and flown 100's of flights

Any ideas for further solutions until I can contact DJI on Monday? I had a small project for the drone tomorrow, but I guess that probably won't happen unless some here has a solution.
2020-10-25
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's a Mavic2pro you should be using the Go4 app, not DJI FLY. My understanding is the Fly app is for the Mini and Air 2 drones. Give it a try and see.
2020-10-25
Use props
doug86
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 10-25 04:01
If it's a Mavic2pro you should be using the Go4 app, not DJI FLY. My understanding is the Fly app is for the Mini and Air 2 drones. Give it a try and see.

yes, I use the Go4 app... just a typo. I'll edit the OP to fix
2020-10-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that - it appears you have trouble-shot everything I would think of. Other than trying another device it looks like the transmitter/receiver has a hardware fault. See if anyone else has some suggestions but I think you need to send back both the RC and AC for a proper diagnostic check and repair/replacement.
2020-10-25
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe try with the SD card removed from the Mavic, just an idea. Sorry nothing else I can suggest.
2020-10-25
Use props
doug86
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 10-25 04:13
Maybe try with the SD card removed from the Mavic, just an idea. Sorry nothing else I can suggest.

did that.

Thinking a factory settings restore,  but as I understand that is only possible with the DJI Assistant (1), not the new DJI Assistant 2. Has anyone ever tried that?
2020-10-25
Use props
doug86
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

doug86 Posted at 10-25 04:25
did that.

Thinking a factory settings restore,  but as I understand that is only possible with the DJI Assistant (1), not the new DJI Assistant 2. Has anyone ever tried that?

Hmm... decided to attempt to downgrade the firmware back to previous. Hooked the aircraft up to the DJI Assistant 2 and had no problem with that.

Yesterday, I plugged in the remote controller to the DJI Assistant, and it was recognized and refreshed the latest version of the firmware. Today, it doesn't see the RC at all.
Thinking that the issue is the RC.
2020-10-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there doug86. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 pro. For us to be able to assist you further, please provide us a screenshot or photo showing the message or prompt on the camera view. In addition, when connecting the remote on the computer and with the DJI Assistant 2. Was it able to detect it by using a different USB cable? Thank you.
2020-10-26
Use props
doug86
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-26 03:52
Hello there doug86. Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 pro. For us to be able to assist you further, please provide us a screenshot or photo showing the message or prompt on the camera view. In addition, when connecting the remote on the computer and with the DJI Assistant 2. Was it able to detect it by using a different USB cable? Thank you.

Here is picture of the failing binding process.  I pressed the small linking button after this prompt, and it timed out after 60 seconds. Then entire time, the AC LEDs just stayed a steady red, not blinking.

I WAS able to connect the remote to the DJI Assistant 2 by using a different (thicker wire) USB cable this morning, and I successfully "refreshed" the latest version of the firmware before this last attempt as pictured.
2020-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

doug86 Posted at 10-26 04:22
[view_image]Here is picture of the failing binding process.  I pressed the small linking button after this prompt, and it timed out after 60 seconds. Then entire time, the AC LEDs just stayed a steady red, not blinking.

I WAS able to connect the remote to the DJI Assistant 2 by using a different (thicker wire) USB cable this morning, and I successfully "refreshed" the latest version of the firmware before this last attempt as pictured.

Hi there doug86. Thank you for your reply and additional information. I'm sorry to read and to know that the issue still persists, in this case, since we already performed the said troubleshooting methods, we have an option to send it in for a proper diagnosis. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules