DJI MINI 2 - The Headline Specifications!
2387 34 2020-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Following the incredible event yesterday, a consumer walking into BestBuy and purchasing an unreleased DJI Mini 2 straight from the shelves, here's the full DroningON analysis of the video, the specifications and the upcoming event related to this exciting new product!

Hit SUBSCRIBE if you appreciate the work/efforts of this YouTuber!

2020-10-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sergeant. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have came upon. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always. .
2020-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2020-10-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-27
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, looks 110% legit to me.  Even stopped by a Best Buy yesterday to see if I could 'score' early...no such luck.  This was just 1 lucky guy who was at the right store at the right time.  From everything I'm reading and based on the number of recent leaks.  Sounds like this DJI Mini 2 will be launching VERY SOON!  Early Nov. is my guess.
2020-10-27
Use props
Scarves UP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-27 02:09
Hello there sergeant. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have came upon. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.  .

Reallllly?
2020-10-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-10-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-10-27
Use props
Mortensldk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 132592 ft
Denmark

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-27
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's amazing to have all these features in this tiny drone
2020-10-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello there sergeant. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting video you have came upon. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.  .

How come you have no information...... Isnt it better to tell the truth and say we have information but are not allowed to share it yet..... Would do wonders for your cred
2020-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 10-27 08:30
How come you have no information...... Isnt it better to tell the truth and say we have information but are not allowed to share it yet..... Would do wonders for your cred

Think about that ! ! If dji were to tell all their staff about future releases, dont you think that would cause nothing but leaks all the time, so maybe they know just as little as you or I .
2020-10-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Well anyday now Dji will announce....or not
2020-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2020-10-28
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

And another bought Mini 2!
2020-10-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Since DJI doesn't have any information on DJI Mini 2; perhaps DJI should consider watching video to garner some information?

2020-10-28
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 10-27 08:43
Think about that ! ! If dji were to tell all their staff about future releases, dont you think that would cause nothing but leaks all the time, so maybe they know just as little as you or I .

I thought this, but when you consider the army of tech store staff around the world that are now able to see the stock sitting in their stock rooms, you do wonder
A, why DJI leave it so late to announce things,
B, Why the mods on here pretend to have no knowledge when stock has already shipped, and
C, why there aren't more tech YouTubers that work in Best Buy so they could post pictures and do pre-sale unboxings like the two did earlier this week.....

2020-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ian in London Posted at 10-28 22:31
I thought this, but when you consider the army of tech store staff around the world that are now able to see the stock sitting in their stock rooms, you do wonder
A, why DJI leave it so late to announce things,
B, Why the mods on here pretend to have no knowledge when stock has already shipped, and

I’m not so sure, I firmly believe that mini2 leak at Best Buy was planned, simply because if any member posted what’s already been posted of these leaks, they would have been deleted fast. The amount of hype on drone channels on you tube is testament to how well this marketing works, people are chomping at the bit now to get this drone, no accident...
2020-10-29
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 10-29 03:44
I’m not so sure, I firmly believe that mini2 leak at Best Buy was planned, simply because if any member posted what’s already been posted of these leaks, they would have been deleted fast. The amount of hype on drone channels on you tube is testament to how well this marketing works, people are chomping at the bit now to get this drone, no accident...

I agree, also it’s strange that the two individuals that managed to pick up a Mini 2 have only posted a couple of videos max, you’d think given the view on their channels they’d be posting far more videos, in addition they’re failing to mention other information such as Raw, Bit rates, intelligent batteries, flight modes etc. Which should all be in the manual.  There are enough viewers asking them about Raw without any forthcoming answers.
2020-10-29
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

You realize that the DJI Fly app does not support the Mini 2 yet so there is really no way to review bit rates, flight modes etc. I think these were completely accidental events, this has happened before and BestBuy is frequently a source of these sorts of leaks. I suppose they could scan the documents but those things are tiny and any sane person would grab the PDF versions - except those aren't published yet either. I think the leaks were legit if for no other reason than the lack of an app to fly the thing!

Also realize, the number of people on these forums and YouTube that are chomping at the bit are a very very small fraction of the customer base, very small.

It's a good day to fly,
Michael
2020-10-29
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Hahahahah......    Controller bigger than drone ????  WTF...  Portable drone with non portable controller - clever.

Why this big brick pig controller ??  Why not just make small controller with smartphone on top possibility ?

IF they have no Spark / Air gestures without controller  / or only smartphone steering -  it is totally unusable....  Ah sorry  it have new bag ?

Maybe DJI need to add some jacket with big pockets ?
2020-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MARTINEZX Posted at 10-29 05:16
Hahahahah......    Controller bigger than drone ????  WTF...  Portable drone with non portable controller - clever.

Why this big brick pig controller ??  Why not just make small controller with smartphone on top possibility ?

When you have the controller in hand you’ll realize why, it’s 10 times better than old controller.
2020-10-29
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

MARTINEZX Posted at 10-29 05:16

Why this big brick pig controller ??  Why not just make small controller with smartphone on top possibility ?

That is the same controller the Mavic Air 2 uses so they did not have to create a new one!
2020-10-29
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 10-29 08:26
When you have the controller in hand you’ll realize why, it’s 10 times better than old controller.

That's very subjective actually, we all like different things and for me and others out there, the 'new' controller is large, chunky and unnecessarily big compared to the older controllers. But each to their own, it's nice that we all have our own tastes and requirements.
2020-10-30
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

videoeditman Posted at 10-29 08:52
That is the same controller the Mavic Air 2 uses so they did not have to create a new one!

Thay can use M1 controller.  Or make new one...why not. I am still dissapointed that in 2020 all is still big and fat in days or miniaturisation.
2020-10-30
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 10-29 08:26

Please comment this 10 better things. In mini drone i expect portability.
Just look at Spark or Air 1.  How friendly was as the drone for quick tours, holidays..
You can use controller or just smartphone ore just hands. You have a choice.
Now you have no choice. Only brick with another battery to load.
2020-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 10-30 06:35
That's very subjective actually, we all like different things and for me and others out there, the 'new' controller is large, chunky and unnecessarily big compared to the older controllers. But each to their own, it's nice that we all have our own tastes and requirements.

I look and see many who thought when Air2 was released complaining about the RC, but once received and the ease of use and set up I have no read of anyone who prefers to go back to old RC, except yourself.
For me I think it’s a huge improvement the set up is much easier and quicker, it’s very similar to SRC which is another RC I have not seen many complaints about , hand positioning size position of C1/C2 buttons are excellent on the new RC.
Yes each to his own, but you are very much in the minority particularly around this forum where I read almost no complaints except from those who haven’t used the RC .
2020-10-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MARTINEZX Posted at 10-30 09:16
Please comment this 10 better things. In mini drone i expect portability.
Just look at Spark or Air 1.  How friendly was as the drone for quick tours, holidays..
You can use controller or just smartphone ore just hands. You have a choice.

1/ set up so much quicker
2/a lot easier to control and use your phone
3/ it feels much better in hand
4/ using C buttons much easier
5/ using scroll wheel easier
6/ phone holder much better and simpler to load phone
7/ much better viewing with phone above the controller, similar to flying phantoms
8/much longer battery almost double old RC
9/ flying without using phone much better , with old RC you basically had two swinging arms
10/ removing phone and closing down easier.11/ easier to apply sun hood

BTW when arms of old RC are extended there is almost no difference in length of RC, the old RC Is wider and thicker .

2020-10-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 10-29 03:44
I’m not so sure, I firmly believe that mini2 leak at Best Buy was planned, simply because if any member posted what’s already been posted of these leaks, they would have been deleted fast. The amount of hype on drone channels on you tube is testament to how well this marketing works, people are chomping at the bit now to get this drone, no accident...

Nail on the head right there mate
2020-10-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MARTINEZX Posted at 10-30 09:12
Thay can use M1 controller.  Or make new one...why not. I am still dissapointed that in 2020 all is still big and fat in days or miniaturisation.

You do realize that peoples hands have not got smaller don't you.

I have the MA2 and I can assure you the new controller is better than the older one on several accounts

2020-10-30
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Nice video!
2020-10-31
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 10-30 10:51
I look and see many who thought when Air2 was released complaining about the RC, but once received and the ease of use and set up I have no read of anyone who prefers to go back to old RC, except yourself.
For me I think it’s a huge improvement the set up is much easier and quicker, it’s very similar to SRC which is another RC I have not seen many complaints about , hand positioning size position of C1/C2 buttons are excellent on the new RC.
Yes each to his own, but you are very much in the minority particularly around this forum where I read almost no complaints except from those who haven’t used the RC .

I am one of those guys who initially disliked the new remote with the Air 2 but, after using it solidly for 6 months, I love it, not least because of the huge battery capacity....
2020-11-5
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

But propably you use this controller on site. Due Covid or not you goes nearby around by car etc...but try go to some mountains , travel to other countries by plane, use on beaches etc...
No doubt this big controller is useless. I dont belive thay can' make smaller controlller like xbox or mini 1 with smarthone on top. I mean shape of this controller. Looks like old Atari 65xe casette rcorder.   hand maybe is ok . And i am totally dissapointed that you cant use gestures or just smarthone. Not everyone need everyday 4km flight. The problem is that you not have a choice. You need to load anorther controller battery, take big bag, connect controller, connect drone etc... There is
a lot of people they need quick solution. Just turn drone and fly. But you have no good choice. Old "panzer" Spark with all possibilities or Mini without all but 4k and longer flight time. And poor plastic.
2020-11-15
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Ian in London Posted at 2020-11-5 12:14
I am one of those guys who initially disliked the new remote with the Air 2 but, after using it solidly for 6 months, I love it, not least becuase of the huge battery capacity....

https://spidersweb.pl/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Focs-pl.oktawave.com%2Fv1%2FAUTH_2887234e-384a-4873-8bc5-405211db13a2%2Fspidersweb%2F2021%2F01%2Fdji-kontroler-1000x750.jpeg&w=2048&q=75

I like this fpv controller Ian
2021-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules