Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Zoom and Mavic Air 2 Smart Controller issues
4235 14 2020-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alloffroad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Question? I have a Mavic zoom and a smart controller recent exchanges my Mavic Air with an Air 2 as I can use both drones with smart controller. All have latest firmware but like so often DJI software is quite bugy. I have no issues linking Air 2 as it asked me to connect drone, click power button and remote will switch. Not so easy going back to Zoom though after selecting remote will start beeping and asked me to to press linking button which i assume is the same battery button as with air but drone will not link. I trie a few times then power remote down and back up and eventually it links. Not a good solution when needing to switch between drones. Has anyone had same issue and has a fix?
2020-10-27
Use props
CallMeAlan
Captain
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the main issue is that you posted your Mavic issue in the Spark forum.  
2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello alloffroad, thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. You are actually doing the correct steps to switch between the aircrafts paired with the Smart controller. Can you try to switch again to Mavic 2 Zoom and press the linking button. Linking button is at the lower right side cover of the Aircraft. You will need to open the cover to see the linking button which is next to the LED light. A tip of a pen can be used to press the linking button inside. A photo below will show where the linking button of the Mavic 2 zoom is located.

Please update me with the result so that we can further assist you. Thank you.
2020-10-28
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ah ok a bit clearer instructions would be great, does this mean I need a pen and the same procedure switching drones? That’s quite a painful. Also updated remote just before I left and the remote often disconnects itself.
2020-10-28
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

CallMeAlan Posted at 10-27 23:48
I think the main issue is that you posted your Mavic issue in the Spark forum.

Sorry mate I’m in the field with little reception trying to Navigate DJI web site on phone is quite hard thought this was general Mavic Forum.
2020-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

alloffroad Posted at 10-28 19:04
Ah ok a bit clearer instructions would be great, does this mean I need a pen and the same procedure switching drones? That’s quite a painful. Also updated remote just before I left and the remote often disconnects itself.

Hi alloffroad, thank you for your response. For using the Aircraft Management it doesn't need to press the linking button every time you switch to any drones that is paired with the controller. All you need to do is to select the aircraft that you want to control with then wait for couple of seconds when the LED light under the propellers from the aircraft turns green that means you are now connected to that aircraft. With regards to your concern about the remote that disconnects automatically, please get in touch with our DJI support team for us to be able to help you further with regards to this matter and the proper resolution will be given you can refer to their support link page https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Please keep us posted for further help and thank you.
2020-10-30
Use props
KLRSKIR
Captain
Flight distance : 28328212 ft
  • >>>
United States

This statement is not at all true in my case. Anytime I want to switch between the M2P and the MA2, I HAVE to hit the link button on the M2P. I cannot "hot-switch" using "Aircraft Management."

"For using the Aircraft Management it doesn't need to press the linking button every time you switch to any drones that is paired with the controller. All you need to do is to select the aircraft that you want to control with then wait for couple of seconds when the LED light under the propellers from the aircraft turns green that means you are now connected to that aircraft.
2020-10-31
Use props
Sparkz71
First Officer
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

What the? Speak Spark stuff, not Mavic. Not a general forum. No wonder you may have drama if you can't find the correct place to post. READ THE MANUAL ETC. Good luck!
2020-11-1
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Sparkz71 Posted at 11-1 00:41
What the? Speak Spark stuff, not Mavic. Not a general forum. No wonder you may have drama if you can't find the correct place to post. READ THE MANUAL ETC. Good luck!

Maybe try to access the DJI site on your mobile with limited reception and try to find correct forum. It has since been posted in correct one though.
2020-11-1
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

KLRSKIR Posted at 10-31 15:24
This statement is not at all true in my case. Anytime I want to switch between the M2P and the MA2, I HAVE to hit the link button on the M2P. I cannot "hot-switch" using "Aircraft Management."

"For using the Aircraft Management it doesn't need to press the linking button every time you switch to any drones that is paired with the controller. All you need to do is to select the aircraft that you want to control with then wait for couple of seconds when the LED light under the propellers from the aircraft turns green that means you are now connected to that aircraft.

Correct does also not work for me very frustrating now back to Air 2 remote. My fault purchasing the drone on short notice without time reading the manual, having owned Phantom, Mavic Zoom, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and Spark I thought no issue but not so different application all controls different buttons different what the heck...
2020-11-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
Captain
Flight distance : 28328212 ft
  • >>>
United States

alloffroad Posted at 11-1 21:46
Correct does also not work for me very frustrating now back to Air 2 remote. My fault purchasing the drone on short notice without time reading the manual, having owned Phantom, Mavic Zoom, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and Spark I thought no issue but not so different application all controls different buttons different what the heck...

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Smart Controller. Never regret owning the aircraft you do. I've got a M2P, MA2, Mini and a P4A.

I'm still a very happy customer.
2020-11-2
Use props
Sparkz71
First Officer
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

alloffroad Posted at 11-1 21:43
Maybe try to access the DJI site on your mobile with limited reception and try to find correct forum. It has since been posted in correct one though.

Not my issue. Please post in the correct forum. Easy, google DJI MAVIC FORUM, then post your question. Don't make reception as your issue. If you cant work out the simple stuff, ya gonna crash. No internet, proly no GPS = crash. Anyway back to the topic - SPARK.
2020-11-3
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Sparkz71 Posted at 11-3 03:36
Not my issue. Please post in the correct forum. Easy, google DJI MAVIC FORUM, then post your question. Don't make reception as your issue. If you cant work out the simple stuff, ya gonna crash. No internet, proly no GPS = crash. Anyway back to the topic - SPARK.

I did mate and that's why the post appeared where it is, try a mobile. Having owned 5 drones and flown several hundred km I should be ok with crashing if it's such a problem for you scroll on....
2020-11-4
Use props
fansd087e9b5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214360 ft
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-10-28 10:16
Hello alloffroad, thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. You are actually doing the correct steps to switch between the aircrafts paired with the Smart controller. Can you try to switch again to Mavic 2 Zoom and press the linking button. Linking button is at the lower right side cover of the Aircraft. You will need to open the cover to see the linking button which is next to the LED light. A tip of a pen can be used to press the linking button inside. A photo below will show where the linking button of the Mavic 2 zoom is located.

[view_image]

i have a problem when i click on the small butten with a pen on my zoom , the light is red all the time and the smart controller not find it  and when i do it on my Mavic 2 pro its find it with in a sec  and turned green .any help !!!?
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansd087e9b5 Posted at 6-7 08:37
i have a problem when i click on the small butten with a pen on my zoom , the light is red all the time and the smart controller not find it  and when i do it on my Mavic 2 pro its find it with in a sec  and turned green .any help !!!?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We do apologize for this inconvenience. Can you please confirm if you are referring to the Mavic 2 Zoom aircraft?  If yes, can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on the link below and please update/refresh the firmware of both DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI Smart Controller then re-link them again to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic
2023-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules